Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

T-61

12 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,794 posts
9,523 battles

Well everyone who wanted a premium German DD you now have one coming. And it definitely has my attention. The T-61 (which is technically a Dutch design) is very similar to the Ernst Gaede, however, there are also a number of differences. First, Gaede has a good 2000 HP over T-61. And that's pretty much the only statistic that Gaede is better. T-61 has a higher RoF and range (15 rpm and 11.6 km vs 11.7 rpm and 10.9 km; with 5") The torpedoes are almost identical, but T-61 has a faster load time. Gaede is faster by one knot, but T-61 has a narrower turning circle. And finally, T-61 has about 0.8 less detection. Based on these statistics, if they stay the same,  I'm inclined to believe that T-61 will have a different Hydro Search than the German standard to make up for being a slightly better ship.

[-TD-]
Beta Testers
2,506 posts
21,645 battles

It's long over due to have a German prem dd

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,436 battles

It also comes with a life time supply of virtual parrano cheese to keep @Lert happy. 

Edited by SparvieroVV

[HINON]
Supertester
20,949 posts
14,557 battles
4 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

It also comes with a life time supply of virtual parrano cheese to keep @Lert happy. 

I'm more a fan of Gouda.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,436 battles
Just now, Lert said:

I'm more a fan of Gouda.

The Gouda and croquette upgrade is 10000 doubloons. :cap_popcorn:

[NGA]
Members
1,794 posts
9,523 battles

Well, my attempt to inform the 8% masses that visit the forums has officially derailed into a discussion about cheese. One can never say I don't lead an interesting life. :fish_palm:

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,436 battles
9 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well, my attempt to inform the 8% masses that visit the forums has officially derailed into a discussion about cheese. One can never say I don't lead an interesting life. :fish_palm:

Look, a croquette denier!

[SALVO]
Members
20,944 posts
21,052 battles
9 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Would you like some whine with that cheese?  :Smile_teethhappy:

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,694 posts
11,727 battles

You're a little late to the party I'm afraid:

I do generally agree with your conclusions, T-61 looks like a fine torpedo boat with that blistering reload time, decent stealth-torp margin and far better handling than Gaede (600 vs. 690 with the IJN torp boats at 640).

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,933 posts
4,261 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Well everyone who wanted a premium German DD you now have one coming. And it definitely has my attention. The T-61 (which is technically a Dutch design) is very similar to the Ernst Gaede, however, there are also a number of differences. First, Gaede has a good 2000 HP over T-61. And that's pretty much the only statistic that Gaede is better. T-61 has a higher RoF and range (15 rpm and 11.6 km vs 11.7 rpm and 10.9 km; with 5") The torpedoes are almost identical, but T-61 has a faster load time. Gaede is faster by one knot, but T-61 has a narrower turning circle. And finally, T-61 has about 0.8 less detection. Based on these statistics, if they stay the same,  I'm inclined to believe that T-61 will have a different Hydro Search than the German standard to make up for being a slightly better ship.

I can't say i am as excited. I feel there are much more viable candidates that could of came before this ship. 

Historical ships for one.. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,909 posts
21,805 battles

Another page confirms that she get hydro.

Sign in to follow this