You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Fire damage needs to be tones down

57 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

Fires really need to be toned down and not the chance of fire but the time the fire burns. To much damage in the time it is on fire and that needs to be fixed in my opinion. Maybe by 25-35% reduction in the time the fires burn?

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles

Fires are one of the only Tools that can somewhat Counter the passive bow-on meta that is common at higher Tiers, nerfing it would create even more passive gameplay.

• Cool 5

Members
0 posts
Just now, SireneRacker said:

Fires are one of the only Tools that can somewhat Counter the passive bow-on meta that is common at higher Tiers, nerfing it would create even more passive gameplay.

Well then perhaps they could tone it down at lower tiers that do not have that problem or fix the bows of ships to take more damage.

[DAKI]
Privateers, Members
8,523 posts
7,513 battles
3 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Well then perhaps they could tone it down at lower tiers that do not have that problem or fix the bows of ships to take more damage.

Fire mechanics, just like overmatching and flooding and AA and any other mechanic work universally at every Tier and the only exception is that Carriers take more fire damage in Terms of percentage across the board.

Fires themselves though are not even a Problem, there are captain skills that help you Counter fires (Basics of Survivability is a very strong one, Fire Prevention, while expensive, is also great), what you will learn over time is that you Need to time the usage of your Damage Control. If you run risk of being set on fire again within the next 30 seconds, don't use it. Only exception, and that really is a matter of experience, is when the fires are threatening your ship's survivability right now and you must use DC.

Members
1,897 posts
5,898 battles

If you do not learn to deal with fire in the lower tiers you will be toasted in the higher tiers. This game does not try to change damage values for ships they try to represent the real life ship in Armour thickness though small changes are made from time to time. But we do not just change values to prevent damage.

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 1

[4TAC]
Members
947 posts
4,334 battles
31 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Don't shoot at the bow with HE, aim higher and shoot at the superstructure. This is also a good idea when shooting at the side of heavily armored ships with HE. 5-10 inches of Hull belt armor doesn't like catching on fire , like a radio operator's shack does.

Also there are ways to mitigate fires and/or extinguish fires with repair faster. Various  mods and captains skills. The only one  I serious ly advise NEVER using is Fire prevention skill for captains.  It is a total waste of a 4th level skill. Basically you'll have about one less fire for every 20 or 25 that do happen. Fire prevention ain't worth it considering that those 4 skill points can almost always be used for some other skill(s) better

Also there is the simple tactic, of avoiding engaging fire breathing ships.  If you see a Nelson or two flinging fire , GO THE OTHER WAY. This  tactic can be used OFTEN, with many fire-ships, if you just THINK about it during a battle . And don;t get in range of such fire-ships if your repair is reloading. Common sense , looking ahead, skills and mods, properly used , you'll soon be going

"dang , fire aint bothering me nearly like it used to, now let me burn this guy up or maybe AP is a better way to go" or better still in smugness "I'll leave this one fire on my ship to cook hot-dogs, I'll erase it with damage control after it burns out"LOL

Edited by Strachwitz666

[TASH]
Members
5,106 posts
9,722 battles
4 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Man grow up seriously get so tired of asswipes who use that crap to tell people to stfu when i have over 1000 games on my other account.

Might want to learn some common sense then.  

Members
1,114 posts
5,928 battles
5 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Man grow up seriously get so tired of asswipes who use that crap to tell people to stfu when i have over 1000 games on my other account.

Then you should be better at dealing with it by now. Take FP and all the consumables that reduce your repair time.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,998 posts
4,152 battles

>guy complains about a feature he can't battle against with modules and captain skills

>try to help him

>says we're elitists

Kek

Edited by Unabletony

[BHSN]
Members
2,559 posts
4,000 battles
3 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Problem with this game is all the elitist azz holes who think they are better then everyone else. Games always die because of you all cause you all suck 

So you claim to have over 1k games on another account,  but don't know how to cope with fire? 

Maybe games die because bad players don't know or care to learn how to deal with mechanics? Or maybe it's you who just sucks.

Pro tip: don't waste repair party on one fire. 

Members
2,586 posts
7,457 battles

I see lots of good advice on how to mitigate fires.... seeing as you want to ignore others because apparently they are "elitist  azz holes" let me give you some more, straight from the lovely Dasha Perova

1sDVTok.jpg

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,793 posts
4,549 battles

In honor of Giulio Cesare arriving today:

mbm0hFc.jpg

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
8,635 posts
45 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Problem with this game is all the elitist azz holes who think they are better then everyone else. Games always die because of you all cause you all suck 

The Fox & the Grapes (Aesop, c. 620 – 564 BCE) 

A Fox one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a tree. The grapes seemed ready to burst with juice, and the Fox's mouth watered as he gazed longingly at them. The bunch hung from a high branch, and the Fox had to jump for it. The first time he jumped he missed it by a long way. So he walked off a short distance and took a running leap at it, only to fall short once more. Again and again he tried, but in vain. Now he sat down and looked at the grapes in disgust. "What a fool I am," he said. "Here I am wearing myself out to get a bunch of sour grapes that are not worth gaping for." And off he walked very, very scornfully.

Moral: There are many who pretend to despise and belittle that which is beyond their reach.
  • Cool 1

Members
5,201 posts
1 hour ago, Dkangel33 said:

....i have over 1000 games on my other account.

NQHKSVE.gif

If you had 1000 games on another account, you wouldn't be asking this question. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,099 posts

Hold on to your triggers, and put that salt hat down for aside for a second. I'm bracing myself for the onslaught of forum shells. Here goes...

Anyone thought, perhaps WG wanted to add the higher chance fire percentage to mitigate the passive battleship players. Or promote a shift to encourage players lean towards team play?

Just a thought. :)

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,750 battles

Classy guy... 

I too get frustrated at times when I have a ship burn down around my ears but its 100% MY FAULT when it happens. Either I didnt prepare my ship via signals & captain skills or I was foolish enough put my self into a bad position where I have multiple fire breathers wearing me out. Typically when it does happen though is late game when I am one of the few remaining ships. Even then it is in effect my fault, had my team & I worked better togeher we wouldnt be on the loosing end. 

I too doubt you have over 1000 matches. if you did you wouldnt be making a post like this, instead you would have a cogent argument why its wrong instead off calling everyone that disagrees with you elitest azzholes. 

As frustrating as it can be It is what it is & IMO a necessary mechanic to deter a passive play style. To counter it prepare for it & git gud. 

Alpha Tester
7,113 posts
3,722 battles

Fire? You mean that bright stuff that occasionally is on my BB that allows me to farm flags to reduce fire every single day?

Can't really say it's a problem. Of course I survive almost all my BB matches, while winning, doing great damage, and not sinking while MAY BE using DCP once. I generally run our of RP uses though. May be I'm doing something wrong.

[0456]
Members
2,948 posts
8,351 battles
7 hours ago, Dkangel33 said:

Fires really need to be toned down and not the chance of fire but the time the fire burns. To much damage in the time it is on fire and that needs to be fixed in my opinion. Maybe by 25-35% reduction in the time the fires burn?

On 10/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, Dkangel33 said:

Let me tell you game starts and some moron gets lucky with a detonation and kills me in 1 hit game over what a [edited]waste of time all because of a STUPID game mechanic that should NOT be in this game.

8 games in a ROW I have been detonated so much for it being RANDOM and LOW CHANCE...  

I am done with this game for awhile because 8 games dieing in 1 hit because of a stupid game mechanic is not worth my time.....  Take my money elsewhere.

By the time you're done starting threads all we'll be able to do is sail around in circles and shake our fists at one another.