You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Cesare available in the premium shop

57 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

I'm undecided about this one

I know a lot of people will feel the same because of her tier, but she looks like a fun little ship so I’m gonna pick her up. Plus, she’s great looking and I’m a sucker for good looking ships.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,179 posts
11,693 battles

Tier is exactly why I am hesitant.  I dont feel like rewarding them for their stupid match making decisions.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
2,208 posts
7,240 battles

The tier isn’t an issue at all. I’m having quite a bit of fun in the Okt. So if I do get this, it shouldn’t be any different. This issue comes from getting this but then Roma comes out. I only need 1 fun premium per nation.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,178 posts
18,908 battles

Fast, 27 knots.Looks good. 11.2km spotting rang. Guns are a nightmare for cruisers. Armor? Yeah I guess she has some. Only needed a few minutes to feel comfortable with her. What I miss is a plane. And now WG just need to solve the T5 MM fckup

[TNG]
[TNG]
Members
278 posts
15,128 battles
22 minutes ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

mine

How is she Spoooooooooooooooooooon?

[HINON]
Supertester
7,523 posts
7,578 battles
21 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Have to get my t5 IJN carrier out this morning, see just how weak her AAA is... 

She’s good against Cvs until you get to tier 6-7 CVs.

[-K-]
Members
5,292 posts
9,113 battles
59 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

I know a lot of people will feel the same because of her tier, but she looks like a fun little ship so I’m gonna pick her up. Plus, she’s great looking and I’m a sucker for good looking ships.

It seems as though the T5 matchmaking has improved as of late, at least for me.  

While grinding Iron Duke and the October Revolution missions, I've honestly had equal amounts of T4/T5 matches as I have T5-T7 matches.  It seems like T8 is the tier that's suffering the most as of late.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,845 posts
11,558 battles

I am pretty much ready to pull the trigger on this one. The Cesare looks fun and I am not one that minds playing t5. I am hopping @LittleWhiteMouse has an updated review on the Cesare coming out (or just a update on the old review) cause I have a general rule of thumb not to buy premiums without a LWM review lol.

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,721 battles
46 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Fast, 27 knots.Looks good. 11.2km spotting rang. Guns are a nightmare for cruisers. Armor? Yeah I guess she has some. Only needed a few minutes to feel comfortable with her. What I miss is a plane. And now WG just need to solve the T5 MM fckup

Soon as they admit their error and revert that Mm, i am catching up on a lot of premium ships

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,946 battles

If you can fight in the 10km range it is fun times. Anything over and make an appropriate sacrifice to RNG. With HE as it is you can’t have a bad game if you manage 30+hits. 

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
5,405 posts
3,583 battles

I refuse to buy any kind of low tier premium until the protected MM is fixed. 

Nice ship though. 

• Cool 1

Members
790 posts
6,339 battles
16 minutes ago, Cobraclutch said:

I refuse to buy any kind of low tier premium until the protected MM is fixed. 

Nice ship though. 

I'm with you on this one. There are two things hurting the game right now. One is MM and the other is team composition. I play BBs and I have to admit that the team make up is too heave in the are of BBs and DDs. 5 DDs in a match is a bit much, but so is that many BBs as well. Rarely last night did we have more than 2 cruisers on a team.

[DRACS]
Members
3,504 posts

I'll probably pick her up in the coming days as I see some her as a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none, and hence quite adaptable. Average gun calibre and number. Average AA. Average to good speed. Average agility. You rarely find yourself in a situation where you find an opponent that totally outclasses you.

Also, she is bloody gorgeous. Absolutely one of the best looking ships in the game.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles

Too gorgeous not to buy.

With a 27kt speed at Tier 5, I think she can be played more as a battlecruiser than a battleship.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

It seems as though the T5 matchmaking has improved as of late, at least for me.  

While grinding Iron Duke and the October Revolution missions, I've honestly had equal amounts of T4/T5 matches as I have T5-T7 matches.  It seems like T8 is the tier that's suffering the most as of late.

Yeah Tier 5 is getting a break because the missions are requirig everyone to play at high tiers all the time.

[HINON]
7,258 posts
2,029 battles

Well.... only crap, this ship is stupidly fun.

I managed to get two matches this morning after getting her (yay for first class of the day being cancelled on a Friday!).

I'll post screens later, but the first was a tier V loss, the second a tier VII win, both over 100k damage

She most certainly does suffer when she's focused, or when she has to deal with angled BBs. I've had the most success getting in close-ish (around 10 km) seems to work, which is when the dispersion and AP really start to do their magic. Her accuracy... well, it's BB accuracy, but it's pretty good by that standard. When the maximum range you're going to fire your guns rarely goes over 16 km, you'll find you're generally still landing a lot of shells on target, and the closer you are the more devastating you are. At around 11.5 km, I wiped out a broadsiding OR in 3-4 full salvoes. 

The speed and handling are great, my only issue is that I keep oversteering XD