Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

Would like your opinion

14 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
166 posts
14,058 battles

Situation: This is at the beginning of the game, I am in a Gearing lead ship going into a Cap. I have a Khab slightly trailing me and a Des a couple km behind me. As I get to the cap I have two Shima in the Cap both sitting broadsides to me.   So, I keep my nose to them hit them a few times to reset the other teams cap and smoke. I know the Khab and myself can out gun then them and I have a radar ship coming. I hit the brakes and  back up keeping my nose to them. About 15 sec I dodge the first 15 torps then move forward and dodge ten more and start hitting both Shima's with guns. The radar should be coming soon to uncover both Shima.    Then somehow, I lose over half my health to a torp hit from behind launched by a Kagero.   In chat I say hey what are you doing, you shouldn't do that!  I was not rude or anything, then he proceeds to tell me it was my fault, my freaking fault!  He or she was in a ship with the lowest detection range in the game and was rear launching torpedoes.  He told me I had 30 seconds to evade his, that's how far back he launched them. He gave no, hey I'm launching or watch out warning; nothing. Then I did then get a little hot under the collar in my replies.

So what’s your opinion is this my fault.

My opinion is this, less that intelligent player in the Kagero should not have sent his torps in from 6km back into a Cap with teammates between his torps and enemy.

If I am wrong about this please tell me I find him and apologize for my lack of tactical awareness and colorful language. 

All I wanted was a sorry man or a my fault, is that too much to ask.

Edited by vikingno2

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles

Better remove the ID, because name shaming is not allowed.

Weren't we in the same game? A couple of games ago I saw some kind of discussion in chat also about who was right or wrong.

You are responsible for your own torps, no matter what. So the other one is at fault.

• Cool 1

Members
3,725 posts
15,042 battles

You are responsible for your own ship no matter what. I am going to need the replay however, before giving my final verdict.

Edited by m373x

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,503 battles

His fault. Your torps are your responsibility until they hit their target or until they die off. His fault 100%. One could argue that you had to sail into the path of his torps to dodge shima torps or if you had tried to dodge his torps shima torps would have hit you. So again, his fault.

Members
161 posts
3,009 battles

Yeah, if he launched from behind a friendly ship, he's responsible for his torpedoes.

But trying to convince him of that, well good luck with that.  Some people won't take responsibility in the game (or probably in real life either) for anything that they do.  It's always someone else's fault.  Just ask them they will tell you so.

Sometimes you roll the dice when dropping fish from behind friendly ships, and it works out.  Most times it is a bad decision.  Either you hit the friendly ship, or force him into a bad position, and he takes damage either way.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,850 posts
13,067 battles

He who shoots is responsible for every torp fired..

That said, the decision to torp when the possibility of hitting a friendly exists is a calculated risk/reward.  Even if the risk/reward is worth it, the responsibility for a friendly fire incident does NOT change.  Just because a risk is taken does not absolve one of the consequences of said risk.

• Cool 1

Members
1,021 posts
13,060 battles

Totally his fault. Firing torps from behind someone is bad enough but doing it to a teammate actively engaged with the enemy with their attention focused elsewhere is just inexcusable.

[BLUMR]
Members
2,049 posts
7,233 battles

yeah its 100% his fault. if he doesn't live up to taking responsibility or at least saying sorry then just report him for playing poorly. 

G6k9RM76S7KnKpD3taw0DoGMZCcropDpV0J56AvhcyVjJ1QMamYIKdesguh0zRMiUrTBVFzgJX5ncoMvg5eInjNzeZK8ZI_Z0k4hKRxeyKPXBenXOKZQzXUyksTUg1KUJG2GqWrZ

ships:

United States Navy = Erie, Smith, St. Louis, South carolina, Clemson, Pheonix, Wyoming, New York, Farragut, Cleveland, New Mexico, Mahan, Sims, Saipan, Atlanta, Pensacola, Colorado, Benson, New Orleans, North carolina, Baltimore, Iowa, Fletcher, Gearing  Montana, Des moines

IJN = Hashidate, isokaze, kawachi, myogi, ishzuchi, kongo, fuso, Kaga, harekaze , fubuki

French = Bouganville, Jurien De La Gravinerre, fraint.

Royal Navy = Black Swan, bellephron, Orion, Iron Duke,  emreald, leander, fiji, belfast, edinburgh, neptune, minotaur.

germany = hemerlin, v-25, nassau, kasier, konig, konigsberg, bismarck

russian = gnevy, kirov, kutuzov,october revoultion

Italian = Giulio Cesare.

ships:

United States Navy = Erie, Smith, St. Louis, South carolina, Clemson, Pheonix, Wyoming, New York, Farragut, Cleveland, New Mexico, Mahan, Sims, Saipan, Atlanta, Pensacola, Colorado, Benson, New Orleans, North carolina, Baltimore, Iowa, Fletcher, Gearing  Montana, Des moines

IJN = Hashidate, isokaze, kawachi, myogi, ishzuchi, kongo, fuso, Kaga, harekaze , fubuki

French = Bouganville, Jurien De La Gravinerre, fraint.

Royal Navy = Black Swan, bellephron, Orion, Iron Duke,  emreald, leander, fiji, belfast, edinburgh, neptune, minotaur.

germany = hemerlin, v-25, nassau, kasier, konig, konigsberg, bismarck

russian = gnevy, kirov, kutuzov,october revoultion

Italian = Giulio Cesare.

Edited by RiverTheIdiot

[SYN]
Members
4,548 posts
11,437 battles

The Rule:

Your Torps, Your Fault.  Period.

No amount of excuses and shifting blame changes that.

Some people are just incapable of admitting when they mess up.  Whenever something goes wrong - even when they are directly responsible for it - it is always someone else's fault, never theirs.  We've all seen it.

Edited by Kuckoo

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
12,187 battles

It can't be this cut and dry, but if it is as you say it is - totally their fault. I would have a DD like you on my team any day. Pushing with support? Yes please.

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,221 battles

I could agree with the state of; "He who shoots is responsible for every torp fired..".  

However, I have in the past learned this the hard way. Specially when testing a ship out in the coop mode. Bots just ignores your torps that are already out, 5km from target and rounds the corner from an island at flank speed. My usual reason I get the coveted pink tag.

I have hit friendly ships in the past, for sure. Also hit a DD/CL that was coming between me and the target whilst I was set up with an ambush torp.

Same scenario, a said ship is reversing because I communicated to the ship captain. Ship was reversing out to give me a clear line of sight, but my lack of awareness of where at my ship the launchers were firing from. As a result hitting the reversing ship by accident. Also my fault too.

It's all a learning curve. Even with 100% proficient knowledge of your ship, and situations. Sometimes, these things happen. We can't just make a black and white judgements across the field. There are always the grey in between.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,011 posts
9,077 battles

Also, giving a warning in chat shouldn't be considered adequate warning. People aren't going to be staring at the chat window the entire game, especially when their attention focused on the enemy in a close fight. Someone who catches everything in the chat window is taking their attention from the battle and lost their situational awarness. 

Not saying you shouldn't warn some one in chat if you make a bad torp drop - when I realize I've drop torps with someone downrange I give a chat warning and ping the map - but you really shouldn't send torps downrange with the chance of friendly fire. 

Edited by SavageTactical

Members
3,420 posts
8,276 battles
On 10/20/2017 at 4:01 AM, vikingno2 said:

Situation: This is at the beginning of the game, I am in a Gearing lead ship going into a Cap. I have a Khab slightly trailing me and a Des a couple km behind me. As I get to the cap I have two Shima in the Cap both sitting broadsides to me.   So, I keep my nose to them hit them a few times to reset the other teams cap and smoke. I know the Khab and myself can out gun then them and I have a radar ship coming. I hit the brakes and  back up keeping my nose to them. About 15 sec I dodge the first 15 torps then move forward and dodge ten more and start hitting both Shima's with guns. The radar should be coming soon to uncover both Shima.    Then somehow, I lose over half my health to a torp hit from behind launched by a Kagero.   In chat I say hey what are you doing, you shouldn't do that!  I was not rude or anything, then he proceeds to tell me it was my fault, my freaking fault!  He or she was in a ship with the lowest detection range in the game and was rear launching torpedoes.  He told me I had 30 seconds to evade his, that's how far back he launched them. He gave no, hey I'm launching or watch out warning; nothing. Then I did then get a little hot under the collar in my replies.

So what’s your opinion is this my fault.

My opinion is this, less that intelligent player in the Kagero should not have sent his torps in from 6km back into a Cap with teammates between his torps and enemy.

If I am wrong about this please tell me I find him and apologize for my lack of tactical awareness and colorful language. 

All I wanted was a sorry man or a my fault, is that too much to ask.

Totally Kagero driver's fault, clearly.

On a side note, I wish WG would assign an F key that allows us to warn our teammates when we've launched torpedoes. It's seems to me a significant oversight that WG hasn't thought of and implemented this already. 

I can give two real or anecdotal examples of circumstances where this could have been helpful for me and my team, both involving torps I launched from my Ibuki.  One example was where I launched to try to help deny a zone or lane to red ships. Then a green Khab - which we know move extremely fast - unpredictably changed course and sped into my launch path, taking one torp hit - which luckly didn't take them out.  The second example was when I launched toward a point where a red cruiser playing peekaboo behind an island.  There was a friendly Edinburgh or Neptune somewhat forward of my position also trying to dislodge the red cruiser.  When I launched, the green cruiser seemed to be headed around the other side of the island to flush the red cruiser out and was well outside of my torp spread - then he turned to the opposite direction!  As we know RN cruisers are fast and freakishly don't lose speed when they turn.  Seeing this, I spammed warnings in chat to my friendly as quickly as I could.  I don't know if he saw the warnings but he couldn't manage to dodge one of my torps - again because of how much speed he carried through his evasive turn.  Fortunately again in that case, it didn't sink him and the battle was almost over.  

Sign in to follow this