Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
392 battles

Good  day to all reading, I have a lil scenario to present to you.

Being an American CV, I am sending a torpedo squadron to broadside an Iron Duke with over 3/4 health that's being shot at from at least 11km away by a CV. I think I'm cool so I use manual drop as close as possible (I know that there is a short portion of the green engagement zone that the torpedoes don't drop in, so I aim to engage the Iron Duke in a way that the torpedo icons appear on the map as it hits him). After dropping the torpedoes I watch his health go down thrice in a row and 1/4 torpedoes drift by that had missed but don't receive any ribbons. Keep in mind that those 4 torpedo bombers made it home and that their were no citadel hits. At the end of the match I only had caused 15k damage (torps do 9k each).

Unfortunately I wasn't recording and have had this happen a couple times. Anyone else have this issue?

[NDA]
Supertester
957 posts
3,049 battles

Not sure I'm understanding you perfectly but it sounds like your torpedos are hitting before they arm. Torpedos have a minimum arming distance and if you drop them too close they may hit, but won't do any damage.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,412 posts
9,577 battles

Yes.  Manual drops on the Independence.

Practice this in Co-Op.  Lots of practice required.  Practice manual torping, bombing, and strafing. 

The bots won't strafe you back, so you won't get clubbed like you do in Random.

Jumping straight into Random has been a disaster for you. 

• Cool 1

Members
2 posts
392 battles
4 hours ago, Razzopper said:

Not sure I'm understanding you perfectly but it sounds like your torpedos are hitting before they arm. Torpedos have a minimum arming distance and if you drop them too close they may hit, but won't do any damage.

This sounds perfectly logical, I appreciate that.

44 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Yes.  Manual drops on the Independence.

Practice this in Co-Op.  Lots of practice required.  Practice manual torping, bombing, and strafing. 

The bots won't strafe you back, so you won't get clubbed like you do in Random.

Jumping straight into Random has been a disaster for you. 

I do practice every so often in Co-Op, especially when I used the Bogue or if a match leaves me fuming. Strafing is a new term for me, looking into it right now. Random has been a bit of a disaster for me with the Independence exclusively but practice makes perfect. I appreciate the positive feedback. :)

Sign in to follow this