Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FloridaPanther25

Minotaur - is there any reason to use mods/captain skills the make reload faster

5 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
7,169 battles

There are several modules that raise the reload time 5% and even 12%. That said, the stock reload is 3.2 secs - can't really beat that. My sense is that I'm better served using those slots for things other than enhancing reload - extending range, etc. NORMALLY, i would definitely opt for faster reload, but this is the Minotaur. Is my  thinking correct - or am I missing something in not using these mods?

Beta Testers
2,463 posts
5,647 battles

Extending the range with Minotaur's already floaty shells is risky unless you're really good at predicting where the enemy is going to be when your shells meet them 13+ seconds later. AA isn't necessarily a bad choice, but given how popular high tier CVs are (I rarely see them), it's not the best pick overall. In the end reload is something that's always good to improve, because no matter what you're facing you are going to be shooting at other ships - so improving your ship's ability to do that is never a bad choice.

Supertester
418 posts
6,151 battles

Personally I use range, because with floaty shells you basically have to consider you have 2km less range than what it tells you when engaging targets running away. It's pretty easy to hit stuff at 16km if you get used to the arcs, but the only way to actually hit stuff at that range is if you have something around 18km range in the first place. So yeah, range, highly recommended if you can work with the arcs. Heck, I use range on all my tier 10 cruisers, which are only 2 actually, and both with floaty arcs (DM and Mino). Besides, extra range allows you to look and fire over islands with ease. The reload buff is pretty insignificant if you ask me, as regardless of having it you'll still eat anything that gets close alive, with the added change that using the reload upgrade denies any possibility of engaging targets at longer ranges regardless of your aiming skills. Plus, you can just pick AR for your commander, take 2 citadels and that's it, reload upgrade activated.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,241 posts
12,789 battles
On 10/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, FloridaPanther25 said:

the stock reload is 3.2 secs - can't really beat that.

Yes you can, by making it 2.8s.

10% aditional DPM = 10% additional DPM = 10% less time you spend shooting at the same target to sink it. Base RPM doesn't matter, 10% better is 10% better.

Sign in to follow this