Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
xThecanadianx

is it weird???

20 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,497 posts
11,750 battles

that I'm canadian....but this one of my favorite songs??

but then again almost everyone from my generation is a Bama fan :P

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles

If there are any two countries that should just be one country it's Canada and the US. There's little, if any, difference between your average American and average Canadian. I've never been able to tell the Canadians visiting the US apart from the "natives." In fact, it turns out that our next-door neighbors when I was growing up were Canadians who came down on a custom cutter crew one harvest and just stayed (I suppose they figured that if the Mexicans could get away with it they'd just try it themselves). I served with Canadians in the military and even served on bases in Canada. A lot of people don't know this but Americans and Canadians oftentimes operate under the same command (e.g., NORAD) and there have even been recent talks about the possibility of just totally integrating the Canadian forces into the US military. 

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles
2 hours ago, m373x said:

No, enjoying music is not weird.

Agreed. +1

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles
16 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

If there are any two countries that should just be one country it's Canada and the US. There's little, if any, difference between your average American and average Canadian. I've never been able to tell the Canadians visiting the US apart from the "natives." In fact, it turns out that our next-door neighbors when I was growing up were Canadians who came down on a custom cutter crew one harvest and just stayed (I suppose they figured that if the Mexicans could get away with it they'd just try it themselves). I served with Canadians in the military and even served on bases in Canada. A lot of people don't know this but Americans and Canadians oftentimes operate under the same command (e.g., NORAD) and there have even been recent talks about the possibility of just totally integrating the Canadian forces into the US military. 

No, please, no. There's plenty of differences. This Canadian never wants to be a US citizen. Fortunately, the War of 1812 - 1814 kept Canada away from the United States.

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
53 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Was going to say more Japanese live in the US then Canadians (Demography. According to the Canada 2006 Census, 316,350 Canadians reported American as being their ethnicity, at least partially. There are also between 900,000 and 2 million Americans living in Canada, either as full-time or part-time residents. US census: Census Counts 767,000 Japanese in the US; 88,000 Americans in Japan. So while not totally correct, It is in a valid assertion with the argument presented. Just trying to point out Japan has its own love affair with the US. seems the US has another mistress.  I should be used to being wrong by now :Smile_sceptic:

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles
56 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Just trying to point out Japan has its own love affair with the US.

Many Japanese do seem to really like us. I was watching a video the other day where Japanese students were being interviewed about the current situation with North Korea. A Japanese girl said that whatever happened she was sure that America would be right there to assist them. In her words, "America's got our back!" 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Many Japanese do seem to really like us. I was watching a video the other day where Japanese students were being interviewed about the current situation with North Korea. A Japanese girl said that whatever happened she was sure that America would be right there to assist them. In her words, "America's got our back!" 

Mr. DSnargfrgle (name makes me grin every time). I know where my home is the economy would collapse without the American Navy and Marines. Their ships an busniss they bring This does not even begin to describe the feeling of security having your great county as our protector. I can not peak for anyone but myself but we are very greatful for to the USN and USMC. I know Air force and Army are in other cities, But I see the USN and USMC so it becomes closer to my heart. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
9 hours ago, xThecanadianx said:

that I'm canadian....but this one of my favorite songs??

but then again almost everyone from my generation is a Bama fan :P

No in my Opinion it is fine I listen all types of music myself from Country Western to Scottish Bagpipes. 

Members
1,642 posts
2,159 battles
11 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Please no, that would not be a good thing in some respects. 

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles
33 minutes ago, Edselman said:

Please no, that would not be a good thing in some respects. 

While the US and Canada had a bit of a tiff in the War of 1812 (while it was still under British rule, BTW), we've pretty much been allies ever since. Also, even during the war it wasn't all that clear to Britain just where Canada's sentiments fell. French Canada wasn't all that fond of the British and even parts of British Canada were full of Americans who had migrated north. The gung-ho Americans who invaded Canada probably did more to mold the area into one cohesive entity than the British government did because there is nothing that brings disparate peoples together like a mutual enemy. However, it wasn't long after the war that Americans and Canadians became friendly once again.

Canada is by far the closest ally and largest trade partner America has, and vice versa. Unknown to many, there is a joint agreement between the two countries that allows either to send troops into the other's territory to aid in times in times of attack or natural disaster. US troops are routinely under a Canadian general's command in NORAD. Also, the US Coast Guard and Canadian RCMP routinely work together in joint operations and each country has officers stationed on the other's ships. I, myself, have been on joint military operations with Canadians. I was even up in Canada for a short time when I was in the Army. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles

59eaba63d8c06_images(5).jpg.abb89ce887a33acee907551abd74cf46.jpg59eaba939fc18_images(3).png.e173e2d0049bf191f0b45b2999724847.png59eabad765a5c_images(1).png.40f8cf2470b87cc61ba7ca1f2390cbf3.png

5 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

While the US and Canada had a bit of a tiff in the War of 1812 (while it was still under British rule, BTW), we've pretty much been allies ever since. Also, even during the war it wasn't all that clear to Britain just where Canada's sentiments fell. French Canada wasn't all that fond of the British and even parts of British Canada were full of Americans who had migrated north. The gung-ho Americans who invaded Canada probably did more to mold the area into one cohesive entity than the British government did because there is nothing that brings disparate peoples together like a mutual enemy. However, it wasn't long after the war that Americans and Canadians became friendly once again.

Canada is by far the closest ally and largest trade partner America has, and vice versa. Unknown to many, there is a joint agreement between the two countries that allows either to send troops into the other's territory to aid in times in times of attack or natural disaster. US troops are routinely under a Canadian general's command in NORAD. Also, the US Coast Guard and Canadian RCMP routinely work together in joint operations and each country has officers stationed on the other's ships. I, myself, have been on joint military operations with Canadians. I was even up in Canada for a short time when I was in the Army. 

Mr. Snargfargle I feel like abonded wife. America picking Canada over Japan, How could you. I wonder what Britan is doing tonight? 

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles
9 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

Mr. Snargfargle I feel like abonded wife. America picking Canada over Japan, How could you. I wonder what Britan is doing tonight? 

A girl I dated in college had a Japanese roommate. She was always making me laugh. Once, I drove her to the airport to pick up her mother, who was visiting America for the first time. I asked her what her mother though of America so far. My friend said that she had exclaimed on how everything in America was so wide! I guess that's an appropriate comment from someone who had lived in Tokyo most of her life and then traveled to the wide-open pains of the American Midwest. 

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
566 posts
1,895 battles
15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

A girl I dated in college had a Japanese roommate. She was always making me laugh. Once, I drove her to the airport to pick up her mother, who was visiting America for the first time. I asked her what her mother though of America so far. My friend said that she had exclaimed on how everything in America was so wide! I guess that's an appropriate comment from someone who had lived in Tokyo most of her life and then traveled to the wide-open pains of the American Midwest. 

Japan is where my soul is, Beautiful country I owe my existence to the government there. But United States of America. Is very wonderful. I have no hypothesis why some people dishonor USA and her wonderful people so. This makes me sad. I love USA. Have not traveled it extensively but hope to in future. People in USA have been mostly very considerate to me. I would enjoy spending few years there if work allowed it. Japanese and Japanese women, USA is very different culture. Rules or traditions do not stand there for us. Difficult to assimilate. I even see it her in forms people tell me I have no Betters and men women all the same. None of these things are acceptable in my mind. I agree out of politeness. (and being over lower station) debating that type of topic is unacceptable. There are modern Japanese who have no difficulty blending in USA. Fortunately, I have protocol to use when not understanding things. Thank you Mr. Snarfargle you are kind to me. 

[PSP]
Members
6,356 posts
8,977 battles
11 minutes ago, Maggie_Saito said:

There are modern Japanese who have no difficulty blending in USA.

All the Japanese women I've known never had any trouble associating with Americans. Of course they all were the types to travel 10,000 km to go to college too so they probably were inherently adventuresome types. Of course, it goes both ways. Despite of what the movies sometimes portray, most Americans simply love to meet people from different places and cultures. Show up in a small Midwestern town as a Japanese girl and you will pretty much be adopted. My Japanese friend was really just a friend of a friend but she probably spent more time with my family than my actual girlfriend did.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I like Alabama. That's saying a lot, considering I don't like music that has words. I can't understand lyrics.

My favorite:

Edited by Elegant_Winter

[FU8AR]
Alpha Tester
471 posts
2,414 battles

Canada is the 51st State.  So enjoy  :D

Growing up in Michigan I used to go to Canada as a kid in the summers.  Lots of fun in Windsor and Sarnia, not to mention the North Channel in Lake Huron.  And in the Navy I've worked with the Canadians a few times.  I used to joke on the annual 'what foreign languages do you speak' survey that I was fluent in Canadian.  While most gave me a dirty look for that, I would then chuckle when they butchered names of HMCS ships.

[ONE]
Members
261 posts
9,010 battles
18 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

During my time with the 101st ABN CH47 battalion in the mid 80s at Fort Campbell we had an exchange program with Canada, one of their officers was assigned to our BN for three years and one of ours to their CH47 unit.  Matter of fact at the time our unit was transitioning to the CH47D and since we were the only D model unit we were allowed in house transition training, the Canadian officer was my instructor in the D model.

As for music, much prefer Glenn Miller, Tommy Dorsey and of course Stan Rogers over Alabama any day.  :)

Edited by 6thGuards

Sign in to follow this