You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ZaCLoNer

Disheartened?

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,860 battles

I’ve seen a lot of posts and comments about the objective to gain 1600 base xp. I’ve researched varying tactics and suggestions to accomplish the 1600xp. This is not to gloat, just to help out frustrated players :)

I was was able to get the objective met (sorry, no pictures). I used a tier 5, US DD, Nicholas. I was able to gain 1725xp from that match with a win (and first place). Before that I had been trying with a tier 8 Bismarck and tier 7 yorck. Tougher style especially with Yorck but I just could not get close enough......

before you despair, first hear out how a tier 5 DD met this goal (as opposed to tier7+). 

-cap! I think you can gain around ~500xp just right there per cap.

-flags and camo: I used camo and any flag that would benefit the DD (increase fire%, -100 detonation%, speed, increase flood%, shell dispersion, decreased detection, etc)

-keep awareness! Watch the battle, camp on points. Stay a low threat until the enemies are preoccupied with something else or find those advantages to be placed behind islands or not detected behind their guns.

-be patient: don’t dive into battle first and just keep going-you have a 20 minute match to work with allies.  

-win: you have to win the match for that extra boost to xp to carry you over, at least in your tier 5. I mean maybe it possible to do it, but not at tier 5. That doesn’t mean throw in the towel though! Play it out so you can still get that much more xp to move up your tech tree or bring in silver $.

All in all, I had 2 cap assists, maybe one sunk ship, 1-2 torp hits and 9 fires totaling around 50-60k (I think) to bring me to 1725 base xp.

Anyways, just know you don’t have to be a unicom (just look at my profile-haha). Just stay focused, turn on a YouTube video/music or something to get your tactical groove on. I’m sorry I don’t have a screenshot to prove I’m not talking out of my ....   It is doable and I can’t give exact stats/breakdown, but persevere and I know you can do it! A week is still a long ways off to knock this out! :D

Good luck and hope you are inspired at least a little to not give up or rage at desk :)

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,157 posts
10,156 battles

Good job!

I did mine on Des Moines on a standard battle defending the cap area on the south side of Northern lights. Spotted enemies with radar and defended against carrier aircraft ( it was northern lights map). Spotting for friendlies is also good for base xp, as long as they light up the targets, that is.. Also somthing like Cleveland or molotov for rapid fire guns racks up XP for sheeer number of hits on the target, not to mention being a lot of fun. 

[SYN]
Members
234 posts
3,652 battles
1 hour ago, ZaCLoNer said:

I’ve seen a lot of posts and comments about the objective to gain 1600 base xp. I’ve researched varying tactics and suggestions to accomplish the 1600xp. This is not to gloat, just to help out frustrated players :)

I was was able to get the objective met (sorry, no pictures). I used a tier 5, US DD, Nicholas. I was able to gain 1725xp from that match with a win (and first place). Before that I had been trying with a tier 8 Bismarck and tier 7 yorck. Tougher style especially with Yorck but I just could not get close enough......

before you despair, first hear out how a tier 5 DD met this goal (as opposed to tier7+). 

-cap! I think you can gain around ~500xp just right there per cap.

-flags and camo: I used camo and any flag that would benefit the DD (increase fire%, -100 detonation%, speed, increase flood%, shell dispersion, decreased detection, etc)

-keep awareness! Watch the battle, camp on points. Stay a low threat until the enemies are preoccupied with something else or find those advantages to be placed behind islands or not detected behind their guns.

-be patient: don’t dive into battle first and just keep going-you have a 20 minute match to work with allies.  

-win: you have to win the match for that extra boost to xp to carry you over, at least in your tier 5. I mean maybe it possible to do it, but not at tier 5. That doesn’t mean throw in the towel though! Play it out so you can still get that much more xp to move up your tech tree or bring in silver $.

All in all, I had 2 cap assists, maybe one sunk ship, 1-2 torp hits and 9 fires totaling around 50-60k (I think) to bring me to 1725 base xp.

Anyways, just know you don’t have to be a unicom (just look at my profile-haha). Just stay focused, turn on a YouTube video/music or something to get your tactical groove on. I’m sorry I don’t have a screenshot to prove I’m not talking out of my ....   It is doable and I can’t give exact stats/breakdown, but persevere and I know you can do it! A week is still a long ways off to knock this out! :D

Good luck and hope you are inspired at least a little to not give up or rage at desk :)

Well said!  A good accounting of what one COULD do to achieve this goal.

[RLGN]
Members
8,253 posts
17,271 battles

Missouri; a win, 100k+ damage, and about 75-85 ribbons, (5-6 kinds, it actually wasn't that good a game performance-wise, because I barely cleared the 1600 bxp...)

[WOLF4]
Members
171 posts
2,860 battles

Yeah I just don’t want people to think it impossible. There is all kind of strategies and tiers to tryout. If something isn’t working after a few battles, try a different tactic for awhile and have different mindset. I think it’s good that you all are sharing how it panned for you so it reflects that it is possible through all kinds of methods :)

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,557 posts
3,539 battles

A 1600 game is usually a normal good game for me and get them some what regularly, but I just can't get my crap together for the last 2 days

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

Very wells stated, Zac.  I have started to use this tactic on my Farragut, plus use it as a gun boat, and now I get cap bonus, cap defense bonus, and a lot of gun damage from HE and fires.  I am trying to do the same with the Mahan, and slowly work in the long range torps for torp spam.  Starting to get results on that as well.

I do NOT get those results in any other class of ships.  I don't like BB's or carriers, and only sometimes use my cruisers.  I really enjoy the US DD's.