You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ACNC64

New to whole Clan thing

21 comments in this topic

[QNA]
Members
1 post
4,101 battles

I'm new to the Clan thing and have been picked for a one. How do I get picked for a battle with my Clan. I have a class XIII boat but haven't battled with my Clan yet. Any help would be great. Thanks!

[O_O]
Members
4,420 posts
9,575 battles

These sound like valid questions...

...to ask your clan.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,234 posts
9,935 battles

whats a tier XIII?:Smile_amazed:

If you mean tier 7, Clanwars is tier 10 only ,  you better unlock those rentals if you want to help your clan out!:fish_book:

[LHG]
Members
1,656 posts
4,928 battles

Hopefully your clan has some sort of policy or system regarding which of it's members are picked for their Clan War team(s).  Your best bet would be to identify the clan commander and ask them to direct you to the answers to your question.  Just one thing to be aware of, even if you are a member of the clan, it does not automatically mean that you are going to be selected by your clan to be on one of it's clan wars teams. 

[NSC]
[NSC]
Members
202 posts
3,998 battles

There is a mission for tier 8 boats that when completed will lend you three tier 10s for the clan battles.

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles
7 hours ago, Pigpen_721 said:

There is a mission for tier 8 boats that when completed will lend you three tier 10s for the clan battles.

Please tell me more!  I also have one Tier 8 ship (New Orleans) and was told to "rent" one by a clan mate in a leadership position.  So, what is the mission available, and how do you select it?  Then, once you complete it, as you implied, you receive three Tier 10's rental for clan battles.  The rental implies 3 ships, with a single clan battle for each ship. 

"Need Intelligence Data!"  to remove my ignorance on this subject.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,324 battles

I feel so dumb but I require assistance - what is the 'line officer'? How many can there be? Can a line officer do invites?

What are the other titles besides the Commander?

I just got to 7 clan members but I'm not sure if all of them even have a tier 8 ship & therefore the T10 rentals.

I went from 1 (me) to 7 (today).

Also, I am trying to set up a clan chat channel & I am finding adding names to it via the 'invite' extremely problematic. It appears one has to have them on your contacts list first. The whole thing is wonky - I didn't even get one new entry anywhere. Help. Anyone?

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,324 battles

With these T10 clan battle 'rentals' who decides who brings what? I know there are restrictions to # of BBs - do DDs get restricted or not?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,373 battles
4 hours ago, aethervox said:

I feel so dumb but I require assistance - what is the 'line officer'? How many can there be? Can a line officer do invites?

I just got to 7 clan members but I'm not sure if all of them even have a tier 8 ship & therefore the T10 rentals.

I went from 1 (me) to 7 (today).

Also, I am trying to set up a clan chat channel & I am finding adding names to it via the 'invite' extremely problematic. It appears one has to have them on your contacts list first. The whole thing is wonky - I didn't even get one new entry anywhere. Help. Anyone?

Line Officer is what most members will be, clan member only

CO, XO & Recruiter can invite others to clan

your clan chat channel is automatic, you don't need to invite anyone to it; if they're in the clan, they automatically join the channel when entering the game

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
252 posts
4,373 battles
4 hours ago, aethervox said:

With these T10 clan battle 'rentals' who decides who brings what? I know there are restrictions to # of BBs - do DDs get restricted or not?

in clan battles, BBs are restricted to one (but you don't have to use that one), Cruisers & DDs are not limited; you can have an entire team of 7 DDs if you want

[TEXAN]
Members
0 posts
626 battles

I think the mission is to play 1 battle in a tier 8-10 ship or something like that.

Edited by AquaKing777

[PVE]
Members
9,769 posts
7,478 battles
On 10/29/2017 at 9:44 PM, AquaKing777 said:

I think the mission is to play 1 battle in a tier 8-10 ship or something like that.

That is what you need to do to get the clan rentals. It looks like after the patch, when they changed the rental ships, you have to replay a T8+ battle to get the new set of rentals.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,327 posts
10,739 battles
On 10/27/2017 at 7:18 PM, aethervox said:

The "roles" that are in-game are overly simplistic and we really do not use them "officially" within our rank structure. Essentially, we merely assign the in-game roles just to help with clan admin within the game itself.  We actually have a fully expanded rank and role system in our full Command Structure that works much more efficiently at delegating responsibilites and for facilitating the smooth distribution of communication throughout our entire Battalion.... both down and UP the command line.

[OGF]
Members
138 posts
10,546 battles

How U get in to a clan battle is to be in-game during the clan battle period, click on "Clan Battle" vs. Random, Coop, etc., and let your other clan mbrs know in the clan chat box that you'd like to play.  Then, the division commander will send an invite that pops up in your port screen.  Hit "accept" and the T10 ship you have selected in port will appear in the box listing your clan mates in that division.  Hit the green "ready" button at the bottom of the division box and wait for your div commander to send your div into battle.

After U play the T8 game to unlock the T10 rentals U can open the modules and spec the ships' ammo/consumables and upgrades BEFORE clan battles start.  Don't forget to mount signals before you click on the green "ready" box under the division.

It's not as bad as it sounds once U take the plunge!  Clan battles ROCK, especially if your clan sets up voice comms.

[DONUT]
Members
419 posts
5,324 battles

Nice to see I am not the only one confused.  It would be nice if management set up "How To" for each feature of the game.  If not for all the nice members on the forums I would still be playing the Erie in T1 co-op. 

Being confused means you care enough to need help and answers. 

[ARRGG]
Members
38 posts
6,336 battles
On 11/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, Moondoggie52 said:

It's not as bad as it sounds once U take the plunge!  Clan battles ROCK, especially if your clan sets up voice comms.

The clan Im in has a discord and I thought i needed a headset/mic. But they told me no just be in the discord to listen is ok. Played a few games by listen only but decided to toss a few bucks at a head set so now I can talk. Being able to converse live with the team (without Typing) is a big help in gameplay. So many of our members are apprehensive about accepting invites....not good enough...don't know what to do.  I tell them if you just get in and win a battle, all the camo containers, flags you get is like winning the Price Is Right.

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

I have used voice comms in WoT, and it can not be understated how beneficial it is.  Also supports effort when in a Division during all other battles.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,327 posts
10,739 battles
On 11/20/2017 at 10:16 AM, MentalTossFlycoon said:

The one were using is called Discord.  First time Ive ever used anything like it so I really have nothing to compare it to.  But so far works very well and reliably for me.

https://discordapp.com/

Yes... we (TSG4) use Discord too.  We began using TeamSpeak3... but it was so "clunky" on the back-end server side compared to Discord, which is so much smoother and easier to set-up and maintain!  After we made the switch to Discord, we had an approximate 90% approval from our members over the old TS3 server!

https://tsg4.enjin.com/

5a12030fb4d94_RecruitingPoster3a.png.90dd2fc0922220d7ee6cec35b135b43a.png