You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeed_US

General thoughts

13 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,207 battles

Hello all,

Having discovered this game only couple of years ago so far. I was impressed by it's some-what slower pace of speed in general (vs other twitch shooter games out there), which could be ramped up; depending on your play style, and your needs on that day.

This game also, requires one to familiarise the finer details of your ship abilities, and the ships that you encounter in battles.It's certainly not a full on max speed, max adrenaline, type of game 100% of the time. That is not to say that, I try to maximise my wins whenever I'm online of course. 

However, at this point. I am experiencing what you'd categorise as "disinterested" (vs uninterested). The novelty of the game is starting wear out, slowly. Of which, I'd like to avoid in all honesty. I've reached a plateau. From having to grind out the various tiers of varied nations, owned several Premium ships, playing Operations (recent addition), playing Halloween mission (seasonal), trying to play ships in different ways (to add variety in my own way to keep my interest going), playing in Divisions, etc. 

This feeling of reaching a plateau, came when I've worked up to full Tier 10's or Tier 9's and some time after. The work required to 'tier up' to a certain tech tree, gave me a target to meet. Something to keep me playing it, even when I was experiencing nightmare games after another at times due to many factors of my own, and the way it's designed. However, now that I've reached what I perceive to see as the 'end goal'. I just feel, demotivated at times to continue on. 

I may get a rise out of some of you by saying this (no pun intended please). However, I'd personally really would like to see more content introduced.

I'm aware that the Pan-Asian Destroyer line is in testing (great! new content), as other few Premium ships (yes, please!). But what about those of us, who aren't super testers, WG Contributors, etc. Players, who may share the same feelings/thoughts as I'm saying in this post. Surely, there has got to be at least few of you in the same boat as I am.

Another thing I'd like to add, if I may. Is that the higher tier ships (starting from 8s) are well and truly expensive to run, period. I found that, I am very quickly out of credits (as other guys I play with on a regular basis) after few rounds (yes, i'm showing my hand here; I'm not a unicum player). Needing to tier well down to much lower tiers, due to the cost to run those ships.

If the cost of the higher tier ships were just manageable for your average player, I would enjoy them more (as others would too, I'd imagine) . Alas, for now it's nearly impossible to maintain.

I suspect, it's all apart of the business strategy and I can respect that; but it just makes me feel like a novelty ship collector. Which also, adds to be feeling of being "plateaued". 

To have the access to play high tier ships with some credit mitigation for us lowly players would be a welcome change indeed.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

p.s. If you have any suggestions to keep this fan going, I'd really appreciate it too!

Edited by LowSpeed_US
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,235 posts
12,772 battles

Take a break.

Getting burned out on something is a natural, human thing. Taking a break might rekindle your enjoyment when you come back in a week, three weeks, two months, whenever.

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
41 minutes ago, LowSpeed_US said:

p.s. If you have any suggestions

Play your lower tiered ships more where it doesn't feel like work, where you can take more risks without being punished severely for it.  It has helped me tremendously to ease the stress of high tier gameplay, ya know the wait till someone sticks there head out, camping, radar, smoke, engage, disengage, kiting, chasing meta.  Might work for you might not, just my two cents.  Have fun out there.

[PSP]
Members
6,301 posts
8,922 battles

You don't have to play a game if you are bored with it. Iv'e been gaming on PCs literally since they first came out. However, I've oftentimes taken six months to a year or more break from games to do other things. After playing this game for a year I probably now spend more time in the forums than in the game. In fact, lately I've mostly been playing just to see what people are saying in chat so I can post it in the Forum Funnies! thread.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,061 posts
9,381 battles

Agree with lower tier play to spice stuff up.  Great thing about WoWS is that the lower tier ships are fun, competitive and a bit of seal clubbing can be fun.  No radar or hydro to worry about, CVs are not as destructive so all in all tier 3-5 can be pretty fun.

Beta Testers
1,166 posts
8,114 battles

I'm somewhat in the same boat, but I haven't yet become disinterested.  I have leveled every line simultaneously so I am reaching tier 10 in pretty much everything very soon.  What I've done is take a step back, only play 3 or 4 games a day, and then more on weekends.  Gonna fire up World of Warplanes this weekend and hopefully that will take up some of the slack.  I pushed World of Tanks too hard and burned out around 20K battles.  Don't want to do that here

[FML]
Members
1,767 posts
10,138 battles
1 hour ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello all,

Having discovered this game only couple of years ago so far. I was impressed by it's some-what slower pace of speed in general (vs other twitch shooter games out there), which could be ramped up; depending on your play style, and your needs on that day.

This game also, requires one to familiarise the finer details of your ship abilities, and the ships that you encounter in battles.It's certainly not a full on max speed, max adrenaline, type of game 100% of the time. That is not to say that, I try to maximise my wins whenever I'm online of course. 

However, at this point. I am experiencing what you'd categorise as "disinterested" (vs uninterested). The novelty of the game is starting wear out, slowly. Of which, I'd like to avoid in all honesty. I've reached a plateau. From having to grind out the various tiers of varied nations, owned several Premium ships, playing Operations (recent addition), playing Halloween mission (seasonal), trying to play ships in different ways (to add variety in my own way to keep my interest going), playing in Divisions, etc. 

This feeling of reaching a plateau, came when I've worked up to full Tier 10's or Tier 9's and some time after. The work required to 'tier up' to a certain tech tree, gave me a target to meet. Something to keep me playing it, even when I was experiencing nightmare games after another at times due to many factors of my own, and the way it's designed. However, now that I've reached what I perceive to see as the 'end goal'. I just feel, demotivated at times to continue on. 

I may get a rise out of some of you by saying this (no pun intended please). However, I'd personally really would like to see more content introduced.

I'm aware that the Pan-Asian Destroyer line is in testing (great! new content), as other few Premium ships (yes, please!). But what about those of us, who aren't super testers, WG Contributors, etc. Players, who may share the same feelings/thoughts as I'm saying in this post. Surely, there has got to be at least few of you in the same boat as I am.

Another thing I'd like to add, if I may. Is that the higher tier ships (starting from 8s) are well and truly expensive to run, period. I found that, I am very quickly out of credits (as other guys I play with on a regular basis) after few rounds (yes, i'm showing my hand here; I'm not a unicum player). Needing to tier well down to much lower tiers, due to the cost to run those ships.

If the cost of the higher tier ships were just manageable for your average player, I would enjoy them more (as others would too, I'd imagine) . Alas, for now it's nearly impossible to maintain.

I suspect, it's all apart of the business strategy and I can respect that; but it just makes me feel like a novelty ship collector. Which also, adds to be feeling of being "plateaued". 

To have the access to play high tier ships with some credit mitigation for us lowly players would be a welcome change indeed.

p.s. If you have any suggestions to keep this fan going, I'd really appreciate it too!

I understand how you feel. Although I'm not even close to having all tier 10s, I often play mid tier ships (like the Leander) as I prefer the meta more than higher tiers. But you asked for suggestions, here are mine:

• Become a super tester, get new content early and contribute to the game's balance and development;
  • Return to low tiers (3-4), because there is a lot more chaos down there due to new players who have no idea how to play mixing with sealclubbers. I enjoy teaching new players and helping them coordinate to beat and embarrass unicum divisions. Met plenty of friendly players there!
  • Play more mid tier ships (5-7) cos of the MM challenge and because of the joy of carrying a tier 8 team in a tier 6. 
  • Re-buy old ships that you were bad at the first time around and see if you can now do better. Just did that with my Cleveland, which I thought was awful but is actually solid now I know how to position (and aim!). Next up: Nurnberg :-p
  • Play lines that you didn't have an interest in and see if that changes, eg Carriers or DDs. Bonus points for picking the weakest line (eg USN CVs or IJN DDs) and try to troll your opponents (full AS and then just perma-spot DDs, or random torp open spaces for epic kek hits), etc. create your own version of fun instead of just winning. Though your team may flip out from time to time. 

Grateful for other suggestions. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,301 posts
8,922 battles
3 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:
  • Re-buy old ships that you were bad at the first time around and see if you can now do better. Just did that with my Cleveland, which I thought was awful but is actually solid now I know how to position (and aim!).

Me too. I zoomed past the Cleveland on my way up the tree but then re-bought it for Ranked season. After playing the Cleveland in Ranked I kicked myself for ever having sold it in the first place. The Cleveland is now my go-to cruiser at its tier spread. I got 1000 doubloons in a supercontainer so I bought permanent camouflage for it. I've trained my Steven Segal to command the Cleveland and with the free commander skill reorganization this week I'm trying different builds to see which ones I like best. Unless some super-cruiser comes along at its tier, the Cleveland has a permanent place in my port.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles

I've found that the thing that's breathed the most life back into this game for me is Clan Battles. It's a whole new game.

Though I also understand it's not everybody's thing, so take it as just a suggestion.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,872 posts
5,259 battles
5 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Hello all,

Take a break.  Come back fresh in a couple weeks or a couple months.

Save for or buy a Missouri.   You'll never be short of credits again.   Even an Alabama or Scharnhorst will keep your high tier ships well fed.

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,207 battles

Thanks for all your suggestions, even more appreciated them without the salty forum manners, of which are abundant here unfortunately, 

Not to sound overly arrogant, but to get to a meaningful response per thread posted in these forums. You'd need to scroll down to find them, passing by the trolling posts on the way.  So thank you sirs/ma'am.

I think I will continue to fire up this game for the time being. As I've said, this post wasn't those "I'm done with Warships/WG" threads. Just the opposite in fact.

With the advent of the limited time Captain skill free reset. I'll tinker around with which configuration works for my own game style per ship (I've already tested my Atlanta with full AA spec with Manual Fire AA ; M. Kutuzov with added fire chance, and AFT for AA boost). Which will keep me occupied for a limited time. As well as, grinding out the Halloween Operation to get the 25,000 Elite XP credits as many times as possible (unless it's those once per account things, I hope it isn't for Elite XP).

I will also, try some 'seal clubbing' tiers as well. After all, I lack the silver to maintain high tier games. If you happen to see me in battle queue, and notice me doing something unorthodox. You know the reason why (if you happen to read the forums and play). However, I'll naturally as a given keep the main reason to play random battles. To win.  Heck I might even use my SIMS to solely to provide smoke for the whole duration of the game. What a game changer! Ha!

See you in battle Captains!

Edited by LowSpeed_US

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,207 battles
14 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

Save for or buy a Missouri.   You'll never be short of credits again.   Even an Alabama or Scharnhorst will keep your high tier ships well fed.

Missouri, wow...that thing is way too costly for full purchase. I'd rather contribute those doubloons for Premium account instead. But, I will keep it in mind and revisit it once I get to "free" XP towards her. Or rather, a more palatable opportunity comes up.

Upon your suggestion. I have done a quick research on the Alabama (Sharnhorst I skipped, I've already decided not to get her awhile back). It seems that she is a decent credit earner. Hmm...*taps fingers on table*

These are the Premium ships in my port so far:

Molotov

OKTYABRSKAYA REVOLUTSIYA (free via game)

Texas (EU account)

Warspite

Sims

Atlanta

Belfast

Leningrad

Błyskawica

M.Kutozov

Of these, which will net credits at a higher percentage per game stock? Does anyone have an idea?

I predominantly purchased these ships from some time ago due to their inferred credit earning abilities. As well as their rare configurations (Atlanta with a belt fed rounds, Belfast with its extra trick, etc ), and their unique outlier abilities.

With an Atlanta, I have been averaging around 120k~250K per an okay game. How would this figure fare, when doing comparisons for example?

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,207 battles
18 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I understand how you feel. Although I'm not even close to having all tier 10s, I often play mid tier ships (like the Leander) as I prefer the meta more than higher tiers. But you asked for suggestions, here are mine:

• Become a super tester, get new content early and contribute to the game's balance and development;
  • Return to low tiers (3-4), because there is a lot more chaos down there due to new players who have no idea how to play mixing with sealclubbers. I enjoy teaching new players and helping them coordinate to beat and embarrass unicum divisions. Met plenty of friendly players there!
  • Play more mid tier ships (5-7) cos of the MM challenge and because of the joy of carrying a tier 8 team in a tier 6. 
  • Re-buy old ships that you were bad at the first time around and see if you can now do better. Just did that with my Cleveland, which I thought was awful but is actually solid now I know how to position (and aim!). Next up: Nurnberg :-p
  • Play lines that you didn't have an interest in and see if that changes, eg Carriers or DDs. Bonus points for picking the weakest line (eg USN CVs or IJN DDs) and try to troll your opponents (full AS and then just perma-spot DDs, or random torp open spaces for epic kek hits), etc. create your own version of fun instead of just winning. Though your team may flip out from time to time. 

Grateful for other suggestions. 

Super Tester option is not feasible at this time. None are available, to my knowledge.

I'd probably return to T4s, purely due to MM mechanics. 

I usually play T7s. I find that to be my comfort spot, oddly enough. Also, it feels nice as you say to carry a team (if given the chance).

Yes, Cleveland being the one ship repurchased. As well as others.

With your last suggestion (bar the USN CV, or CV play in general; just not interested yet). I have done the IJN route, both the Shima and its alternate. Fun still. However, without bringing out the violin from its box. IJN DD's are getting more challenging to play due to its current path of the Warships direction. Used to be quite concise and clear of the pros vs cons of each nation and its types. But now it's all a big bowl of Zoup (yeah, i listen to the podcast too). ;)