Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crucis

Thoughts on Night Battles and the Halloween 2016 port

5 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles

Ok, so with the new update, we all got the old Halloween 2016 port, which is relatively dark, cloudy, a little bit of fog in the distance, and clearly is at night.  And it got me to thinking, that if this was just a little darker, and the green tint and the obviously Halloween related items were gone (unless it was a northern map with an aurora), wouldn't this make a good starting point for what a night map could look like?

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,457 posts
5,618 battles

There's already a "night" map in WoWS.

I used quotations there because that map is bright as hell even though it's "night".

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles
7 minutes ago, Cruiser_DesMoines said:

There's already a "night" map in WoWS.

I used quotations there because that map is bright as hell even though it's "night".

The Operation Ageis is fought on a night map, sorta.  Its pretty brightly lit but its clearly a night map.  The first time I played that operation after the fire effects patch was added was amazing, I was not prepared to see the entire side of a ship light up when broadside guns started firing.  The new lighting effects are WAY more noticeable on that map in particular.  Beautiful.

[SALVO]
Members
17,049 posts
17,674 battles

The supposed night maps already in the game are utterly lame as night maps.  They need to be considerably darker, though not necessarily black out conditions.  This is why I brought up the look of the Halloween 2016 port.  If it was a little darker, it might just have the right feel for a night map, along with the mechanical changes necessary for reasonable "night battles".

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
49 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The supposed night maps already in the game are utterly lame as night maps.  They need to be considerably darker, though not necessarily black out conditions.  This is why I brought up the look of the Halloween 2016 port.  If it was a little darker, it might just have the right feel for a night map, along with the mechanical changes necessary for reasonable "night battles".

I agree with you here.  It would be a fantastic change of pace because lets face it all the maps are getting lame bright or not.  Would be a welcome change of pace.

Sign in to follow this