You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Detonation is a cool thing...

79 comments in this topic

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Yep.  I love it.  Sure it sucks when it happens. but it keeps the game interesting and WG rewards you when it does.  A few points...

1)  If you get detonated, and you don't equip the (10) flags you got for that and get det again.  You suck.

2) If you run a detonation prone ship, and don't invest 1 capt skill point to reduce det chance by 70%.   You suck.

3) If you run a det prone ship without a flag and don't think to yourself, "crapI need to watch it or I might get detonated".  You suck.

4) If you do anything other than laugh and have a good time in chat with the whole player base after you get det.   You suck.

5) If you get detonated on a regular basis, and haven't read the WG Wiki on how det mechanics work, and just want to complain...  You suck.

See a common theme here?

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 4

[DAKI]
Members
629 posts
6,428 battles

Look, some people like it and some people hate it. The ones who hate it have a right to hate it, just like you have a right to like it. And like smirking said, belittling them is pretty low.

• Cool 4

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
18 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

People who try to make informative threads by belittling their audience - suck.

People who need to be beat over the head with a uranium hammer the size of Mars in order to learn something as complex as 1+0=1 suck. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
16 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

Look, some people like it and some people hate it. The ones who hate it have a right to hate it, just like you have a right to like it. And like smirking said, belittling them is pretty low.

If they didn't beat the dead horse constantly with the complete [edited] claim that nothing can be done to prevent the only game mechanic which is literally turned completely off by a signal flag... well let's just say people are sick and tired of the tears of the retarded.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,216 battles
32 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yep.  I love it.  Sure it sucks when it happens. but it keeps the game interesting and WG rewards you when it does.  A few points...

1)  If you get detonated, and you don't equip the (10) flags you got for that and get det again.  You suck.

2) If you run a detonation prone ship, and don't invest 1 capt skill point to reduce det chance by 70%.   You suck.

3) If you run a det prone ship without a flag and don't think to yourself, "crapI need to watch it or I might get detonated".  You suck.

4) If you do anything other than laugh and have a good time in chat with the whole player base after you get det.   You suck.

5) If you get detonated on a regular basis, and haven't read the WG Wiki on how det mechanics work, and just want to complain...  You suck.

See a common theme here?

QFT

With regards to the det flags - I almost never run them unless it's ranked etc. In randoms I am willing to run the risk of exploding once every 200 battles or so in order to keep up my stock of flags and to gain other bonuses I value more, like captains exp, free exp, faster consumable recharge etc. Detonation is just too rare for me to give a 2 penny fck about in randoms. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,587 posts
25,712 battles
26 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

People who try to make informative threads by belittling their audience - suck.

People who try to make informative threads by belittling their audience knowledge of a problem they clearly know little about -- suck. 

38 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

See a common theme here?

Yes, the common theme is that you don't know anything and haven't thought very deeply about this issue. 

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
Just now, Captain_Dorja said:

With regards to the det flags - I almost never run them unless it's ranked etc. In randoms I am willing to run the risk of exploding once every 200 battles or so in order to keep up my stock of flags and to gain other bonuses I value more, like captains exp, free exp, faster consumable recharge etc. Detonation is just too rare for me to give a 2 penny fck about in randoms. 

I run the 70% anti-det module on my DD's for randoms which makes them rare enough and save the det flags for competitive play like Clan Wars.

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
3,574 posts

The Captain skill for one point is Preventative Maintenance giving -30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

I believe you mean the magazine mod 1 upgrade that gives -70% chance of a det. :Smile_honoring:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,650 posts
9,052 battles
4 minutes ago, DeadMeat_015 said:

82 detonations in 5603 games. Detonations are not an issue and it is a fun and engaging mechanic    

Only 47 for me but I am not much of a DD player.

• Cool 1

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
55 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

See a common theme here?

I'll bite.

Please explain to me how a destroyer is supposed to play to reduce their risk of detonations. Short of never being fired upon of course. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
15 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

The Captain skill for one point is Preventative Maintenance giving -30% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.

I believe you mean the magazine mod 1 upgrade that gives -70% chance of a det. :Smile_honoring:

Yep.  You got me there.  That was the one I meant. 

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

If only the HMS Hood has a signal flag that stopped the chances of a detonation occurring. 

Edited by aAkula
  • Cool 3

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

If only the HMS Hood has a signal flag that stopped the chances of a detonation occurring. 

Holland was such a noob. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

I'll bite.

Please explain to me how a destroyer is supposed to play to reduce their risk of detonations. Short of never being fired upon of course. 

Know your concealment range is a start.  If you close inside of that and invite fire..  well.. 

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Know your concealment range is a start.  If you close inside of that and invite fire..  well.. 

So don't be fired upon. About what I expected. 

This is how we get Shimas sailing around the map edge spamming 20km torps for 20 minutes. 

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
3,574 posts
Just now, aAkula said:

The signal flag only works in this game, given the choice I don't think the crew would have given 2 shizzles about dying in a game. 

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

The signal flag only works in this game, given the choice I don't think the crew would have given 2 shizzles about dying in a game. 

Wait are you saying that strapping a flag on a real Destroyer doesn't limit your chances of a detonation? 

• Cool 2

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Rocketpacman said:

This is how we get Shimas sailing around the map edge spamming 20km torps for 20 minutes. 

Is this a hard thing to understand?  DD's aren't gun boats for the main part.  They are stealth torp boats.  Keep out of detect range.  Run your torps.  Run your guns if you have to..  Where is the disconnect here?

[USCC2]
Members
3,574 posts
12 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yep.  You got me there.  That was the one I meant. 

Not trying to catch you out - just wanted those out there to know that there is something that reduces the det chance by 70% and what it was.

I put it on most of my DDs.

4 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Wait are you saying that strapping a flag on a real Destroyer doesn't limit your chances of a detonation? 

Depends, are you saying that if they had a det signal flag they would be ok?

Edit: and the Hood wasn't a Destroyer. :Smile_smile:

Edited by _WaveRider_

Members
689 posts
4,383 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Is this a hard thing to understand?  DD's aren't gun boats for the main part.  They are stealth torp boats.  Keep out of detect range.  Run your torps.  Run your guns if you have to..  Where is the disconnect here?

The hard thing to understand is that you think "never be seen if you don't have a det flag" is a reasonable answer. 

The fact is there is nothing a DD can do in terms of gameplay to limit his chances of detonations. You run the flag if you have it and you can reduce it (but not eliminate it) with the module but nothing short of never getting shot at can mitigate your chances of detonation in a destroyer. Points 3 and 5 are ridiculous. 

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
461 posts
8,543 battles
11 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

2 928 games in a DD, 2 639 games in a CL mostly the  Atlanta with paper armor. I have been detonated less than 1% of my games and I do not run the anti=det module ever or the flags (except during ranked for flags). If you are hiding as a DD or CL because you fear dets, then maybe this game isn't for you.

Edited by DeadMeat_015

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Rocketpacman said:

The hard thing to understand is that you think "never be seen if you don't have a det flag" is a reasonable answer. 

The fact is there is nothing a DD can do in terms of gameplay to limit his chances of detonations. You run the flag if you have it and you can reduce it (but not eliminate it) with the module but nothing short of never getting shot at can mitigate your chances of detonation in a destroyer. Points 3 and 5 are ridiculous. 

So fine.  Let's say you have no flags.  You play a few games..  POOF..  you get detonated.  Now you have 10 flags.  Given the odds of getting detonated without the flag, and the 10 freebie games you get with the flags.  Is this really a big deal?  I find it laughable.  I got Det twice in my GK..  In a row.  No crap back to back dets.  lol.  I find that funny as hell.