Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wakeupdead

GPU uprgade, now Stuttering issues while zoomed?

7 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
3,578 battles

Hello, I have played WOWS since day one, Beta Tester and all. So this is strange after all this time to have any issues I cant fix myself or have dealt with, which in truth is very few.

However after an upgrade to my GPU, 750ti < 1050ti and a reinstall of windows my games, I notice now I have a bad stutter when I zoom in during battles. Ships will skip across the horizon and sometimes just disappear and show up way over somewhere else. Before I go and start ripping my rig apart and reinstalling everything, if anyone has heard of any issues like this or fixes for it?

Reinstalled WOWS 5 times, on SSD and HDD, played on every setting High to low, toggled all graphics settings, changed the FPS higher in the res folder, Its been about a week dealing with this so I dont think its the update, its almost unplayable, I cant hit anything zoomed and well its not playable. Also I sold the 750 so I cant throw back in.

I would like to add i have no issues with WOT or WOWP or TW Arena acting any different. Nor any problems with the countless other things I do on my system. Not meant to sound gross or anything ,lol.

Other specs;

i7 3770, 16gb ddr3, 250ssd/1tbhdd,1050ti 4gb, 650 80 bronze psu

Just not sure what im missing. thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide, I searched quite a bit on the forum for same issues and only find one about a 1060 with different fps problems but i tried some of those suggestions too but that post was from 2016, no change!

Thanks again.

Update: Reinstalled WOWS 4 more times, 2 different HDDs, also updated drives, sorry forgot to list it, clean install too, also have messed with every setting in the game seeing if any of them change what is happening. I would like to add that I notice now my FPS doesn't change or drop at all while this happens and when there are more than one ship in view while zoomed it gets way worse.

SO still in knee deep here , i wont rest till I fix it so, ill be at this for awhile! SUCKS!

Edited by Wakeupdead

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

I've had the same rig for over a year now, I believe, and never had any graphics issues to speak of until the last couple of weeks.  I haven't made any changes to anything, but I'm having the same issues as you by the sounds of it, but to a lesser degree.  I just assumed it was lag or desync or something.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Beta Testers
2,452 posts
5,604 battles

Trivial question: Have you updated your graphics driver for your card?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

*Your product series is the GeForce 10 series

Edited by Cruiser_DesMoines

[SALVO]
Members
17,035 posts
17,659 battles
19 minutes ago, Cruiser_DesMoines said:

Trivial question: Have you updated your graphics driver for your card?

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

*Product series is the GeForce 10 series

Also, when you do a driver update, it helps to do a truly clean install of the drivers, not just a simple express install.

Beyond that, somewhere in the support pages, there's a link to some sort of graphics driver uninstaller that does a good job of removing your old drivers, so that you should have as clean an install of the drivers as possible.

Members
3 posts
3,578 battles

On 10/19/2017 at 5:11 PM, AspiringCodger said:

I've had the same rig for over a year now, I believe, and never had any graphics issues to speak of until the last couple of weeks.  I haven't made any changes to anything, but I'm having the same issues as you by the sounds of it, but to a lesser degree.  I just assumed it was lag or desync or something.

Ok, thats interesting I have talked to two others in game that have the same issue last few weeks, same rig, no changes, IDK???? 

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
5 hours ago, Wakeupdead said:

Ok, thats interesting I have talked to two others in game that have the same issue last few weeks, same rig, no changes, IDK???? 

Yeah, I'm at a loss. In my case it's not worth trying to reinstall yet. It seems to be getting worse though...

Sign in to follow this