You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NotSynpax

Supercontainer Percentages

18 comments in this topic

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
856 battles

Using mxStat....

Since May 23: 

159 Luck containers of which 8 were Super Boxes. 

Percentage: 5%

What's yours? 

Remember, you need to filter on 'getting' and 'luck' to exclude super boxes you may have gotten apart from the luck option. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

5% is really high.  WG won't give actual numbers but anecdotal evidence to date says the rate is between 0.5 and 1 %, with TYL being double that base chance.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

I've gotten all mine from the other types of selections. The boost to chance for try your luck isn't worth the loss on consumables, flags or credits unless you absolutely do not need any of those things. 

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles
59 minutes ago, NotSynpax said:

Over the past 6 months I've been sort of lackadaisically keeping tally of the number of supercontainers I glean from "try your luck." It seems that I get one every 30 tries or so. Therefore, about 3.3% for me.

As with any game of chance, sometimes you will have a run of good luck and sometimes you will have a run of bad luck. Once, I got five supercontainers in eight tries. Once, I waited over 50 tries before I got another supercontainer.

What we call luck is just our perception of how random events affect us.

Edited by Snargfargle

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
22 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

5% is really high.  WG won't give actual numbers but anecdotal evidence to date says the rate is between 0.5 and 1 %, with TYL being double that base chance.

I agree that 5% is very high.  That's around what people were getting when they first came out.  

Kind of a funny story...  I picked TYL containers exclusively for, I'd guess, somewhere between 6-7 months at an average of about 10 containers a week without getting one.  Of course, it got frustrating enough that I decided to keep track of how long it would take to get one and ended up getting one the next day lol.  Then, I decided just to switch to credit containers and got two supers within a week IIRC.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
59 minutes ago, NotSynpax said:

Using mxStat....

Since May 23: 

159 Luck containers of which 8 were Super Boxes. 

What's yours? 

Remember, you need to filter on 'getting' and 'luck' to exclude super boxes you may have gotten apart from the luck option. 

Your profile say you've played 17 battles at level 9. Must have bought a ton of crates

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
4 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Your profile say you've played 17 battles at level 9. Must have bought a ton of crates

Pretty sure he's talking about regular daily containers.

Edited by AspiringCodger

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,400 battles
1 minute ago, AspiringCodger said:

Pretty sure he's talking about regular daily crates.

Still kind of hard to get 159 crates in 20 games though I'd think

[SF-A]
Members
2,895 posts
5,707 battles

I've been overly lucky, so my figure of around 6% is probably an outlier, well outside a few standard deviations.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Still kind of hard to get 159 crates in 20 games though I'd think

Are you talking about account level?  I thought you meant tier 9, sorry.  You start earning containers at account level 4 though according to the wiki.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
Just now, AspiringCodger said:

Are you talking about account level?  I thought you meant tier 9, sorry.  You start earning containers at account level 4 though according to the wiki.

Dear god... just ignore me...

• Cool 1

[ACH]
Beta Testers
129 posts
5,551 battles

i dont roll "luck" anymore, just flags.  Have gotten 3 SC in "more flags" options... in the end i get more of what i want! 

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
856 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

ME IS SMART ME CRACKED MYSTERY!

No, actually, this doesn't include any bought containers. Keep trying, chief. One day you'll figure it out. 

Edited by NotSynpax

[RAN]
[RAN]
Members
170 posts
6,553 battles

159 containers  thats   636 flags, thats a lot of flags for 159 containers (can you hear the sarcasm  ;)  )

[TFB]
[TFB]
Members
314 posts
7,939 battles

last week I had back to back SC's and than another one 2 days later, went out and bought a lotto ticket that night.

Members
544 posts
2,957 battles

I was doing okay at around 1 every 30-40 TYL containers but just recently went on a streak of ~80 TLY with nothing so I'm done. 25 Dragon Flags, some useless mod (600k), or 100 random flags isn't worth what I just gave up. In those 80 containers I could of pulled down 4-6 million credits or 3x as many flags/camo and still had the chance at a SC. After this I have to say I feel strongly that TYL is for suckers. I feel like I'm at one of those coin op claw machines that are rigged to slip off the prizes.

Edited by ksix

[PSP]
Members
6,291 posts
8,915 battles
3 minutes ago, ksix said:

I have to say I feel strongly that TYL is for suckers.

It all depends on what you want and how you play the game.

If you are somewhat of a "unicum" and have no problem getting awards or completing campaigns then you probably will have most of the credits and standard signals you need so an increased chance of getting dragon flags and other "special" signals may be worth it.

If you are an average player, especially on who plays for free, then you probably rely on containers for your signal flags. In this case, "try your luck" is probably not worth it.

If you are wealthy and have a port full of premiums, a locker full of purchased signals, 50,000 doubloons, a year's worth of premium time, premium camouflage on all your non-premium ships, and a reserve full of 19-point captains then what are you even doing reading this thread?

All that said, I still go "try your luck" because of two supercontainers that were well worth it. One contained an Arizona and the other 1000 doubloons, which I used to purchase permanent camo for my Cleveland.