You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Kutuzov and Perth will be sold again?

24 comments in this topic

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts

Removing three ship from sale forever is very unlikely. I guess you don't have to panic. You shall sell them if you like. 

If they are not going to be sold again, no change is necessary. Now they did the nerf, so it will be sold again.

Without Perth, the entire commonwealth line is also gone.

Kutuzov is one of the few real ships in Soviet line. 

I guess after a few months both will be sold again, and even in tech tree.

Edited by USSRichardNixon

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles

Kutuzov won't be sold again, like Kamikaze, Nikolai, Gremyashchy and Albert.

Perth will likely be sold again.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,949 posts
7,519 battles

They're refunding Belfast and Kutuzov if players wish, so, NO, they have zero intention of ever selling them again. Perth will be, especially with more Commonwealth ships on the way.

I honestly don't get what's so hard to understand about "The ships were clearly way too damn good, and will NEVER BE SOLD AGAIN." I paraphrased, obviously, but that's what WG said. It's right there, for anyone to see, and yet over and over "Are they gonna sell them again?!?!?!?!?!"

Gah. I'm leaving the forums for today, I feel my evil snarkiness winning the battle for my soul.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,321 posts
6,603 battles

"[...] starting from Update 0.6.12, Mikhail Kutuzow, Belfast and Perth will be withdrawn from sale. The first two ships will be withdrawn for good, while the Aussie is expected to return."

Is it that hard to understand?

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,850 posts
1,332 battles

Kutuzov, another 1950s ship from the Soviet Navy. (Sverdlov class) :cap_tea:

[SIDE]
Members
730 posts
3,274 battles

It is still important to note while these ships you can never buy again. (Belfast and Kutz) There is still a chance you can unlock them with super containers. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,860 battles
5 minutes ago, Merlox said:

It is still important to note while these ships you can never buy again. (Belfast and Kutz) There is still a chance you can unlock them with super containers. 

Or Santa boxes, or decoration contests, orrr (anything but a cash sale)

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles

This may seem like a dumb question, but let's give it a shot.  I'll stick with the Belfast, but the same could hold true for the Kut. as well, I suppose.

Let's take it as a given that the Belfast is just too good.  Let's also take it as a given that WG does not like to do direct nerfs of premium ships.  (Damn!  This just caused me to think of a second question, which I'll pose second.)

First question.  Let's say that they'd like to keep the Belfast (in some form) in the game for historical reasons.  Why couldn't they develop a different version of the Belfast, maybe call it the "Belfast II".  Or maybe if the current Belfast is a 1945 version, come up with an earlier version, named something like Belfast (1942 version) [just made that name up for the example].  And make the Belfast-1942 a more balanced version of the ship that (hopefully) wouldn't be op?

Second question:  It occurred to me that they've offered to buy back the Belfast.  So since they were willing to buy back the Belfast, why didn't they just nerf it, while offering to buy it back if people didn't want a nerfed Belfast?  By offering a buy back, they already had their escape hatch for doing a nerf, so why not use it?

Third question (a bit of a tangential aside): Since the Belfast is no longer for sale, should we expect some other tier 7 RN premium cruiser eventually?  Perhaps a Fiji clone?  Or perhaps a heavy cruiser based premium?  Just a thought.

[RLGN]
Members
8,260 posts
17,271 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

If it's anything like the T59 in tanks; they may come up with excuses to fling them at players as prizes.

1 hour ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Gah. I'm leaving the forums for today, I feel my evil snarkiness winning the battle for my soul.

lol... Yeah; that is hard to resist at times...

11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Third question (a bit of a tangential aside): Since the Belfast is no longer for sale, should we expect some other tier 7 RN premium cruiser eventually?  Perhaps a Fiji clone?  Or perhaps a heavy cruiser based premium?  Just a thought.

Exeter perhaps? Barmy Btrits need a 203mm love donator...

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles

If they would just put Okhotnik on sale again I would have them all and I would have them all but Gremy and Nik. Not selling any.

[STW-D]
Supertester
1,650 posts
5,194 battles

I knew i should have bought a perth when i had the chance.  </selfkick>

Members
214 posts
12 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

and Albert.

Wasn't this just a sales gimmick by WG US?

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

should we expect some other RN premium cruiser eventually?

Ajax!

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
5 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

WVn7B8O.jpg

No.

[SALVO]
Members
17,069 posts
17,716 battles
4 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Ajax!

Ya know, any of the three RN cruisers that took part if the Battle of the River Plate would be decent candidates.  HMS Exeter was a York class heavy cruiser, and the Ajax and Achilles were both Leander class Light Cruisers.  The Achilles was later transferred to the Royal New Zealand Navy in 1941, but at the River Plate battle she was still technically in the RN, though "on loan" to the RNZN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_River_Plate

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
4 minutes ago, Helmut__Kohl said:

Well, on EU it was only gone for a few weeks. 

k

[TBW]
Members
6,405 posts
12,050 battles
1 hour ago, creamgravy said:

Hmm, what if you get the chance for them in the Santa boxes? Would I buy? Yes!, would I spend $100's? Yes!, would I quit till I get them? No! Is this a sales gimmick? I don't care!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,177 posts
11,693 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

Oh we'll see Kutuzov again...New Pan Asian T8, KRI Irian.  Same ship, but no smoke consumable.  Maybe with Chapayev radar.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,223 posts
12,740 battles
20 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Oh we'll see Kutuzov again...New Pan Asian T8, KRI Irian.  Same ship, but no smoke consumable.  Maybe with Chapayev radar.

Awesome.

[NSEW]
[NSEW]
Members
422 posts
8,169 battles

Out of curiosity, what is the doubloon return number when returning the Kutuzov back to the developers port?

Members
544 posts
2,951 battles

Given enough time they'll sell everything again if it means making an extra buck. Remember the never to be sold mutant 6.

Question is how many years are you willing to wait.

Edited by ksix