You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SuperNikoPower

Clan Battles: CvC Prime Time Poll

NA Server - READ BEFORE VOTING - CvC Primetime Preference   

166 members have voted

This poll is closed for new votes
  1. 1. Saturday

• 11:00-14:00 PDT
    • 12:00-15:00 PDT
    • 13:00-16:00 PDT
    • 14:00-17:00 PDT
    • 15:00-18:00 PDT
    • 16:00-19:00 PDT
    • 17:00-20:00 PDT
    • 18:00-21:00 PDT
  2. 2. Sunday

• 11:00-14:00 PDT
    • 12:00-15:00 PDT
    • 13:00-16:00 PDT
    • 14:00-17:00 PDT
    • 15:00-18:00 PDT
    • 16:00-19:00 PDT
    • 17:00-20:00 PDT
    • 18:00-21:00 PDT

103 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles

Captains!

***PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE VOTING!***

Reading over the feedback since the announcement of Prime Time for CvC, we've seen varying opinions about the hours chosen. There are various factors for the times selected, we were aware that this might happen. We know some of you work at different times during the week, timezones are all over the place, and general life outside of the game can cause your play time to be limited. Having said that, we launched CvC and are prepared to begin looking at the data that comes pouring in to make adjustments in future seasons. 

Reviewing this information takes time but once it is done, we can see what adjustments need to be made. Maybe it is to change days or widen the hours. That and much more will be revealed over the next couple of weeks. Remember, Prime Time hours are not set in stone. These can change based on what comes back to us not only in your feedback but data wise. 

This is where you come in. Above, in the poll, you will find a group of times to choose from. For this poll, we are looking into a what-if scenario for Saturdays and Sundays. Please pick ONE (1) time block from each day that you feel would be best for you and your clan to maximize your playing time. While we can't promise a change for this season, the results we get here will help us shape future seasons of CvC. 

*Edit: This poll will run until Oct 27th.

• Cool 1

Members
9,975 posts

Why in the world do you insist in limiting it to 3 hours? I think that is the bigger issue here, trying to lock people into a certain time of day.

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 25

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,952 posts
7,526 battles

I would say all days of the week and widen the hours. It's the only way to ensure that anyone in a clan that wants to participate can, and the only way for clans to be able to field their best lineups. I understand you limited the times to try and keep the queue full, and to keep teams from having to play the same teams over and over, however, it's too limited as it stands now, in my opinion.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
18 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Why in the world do you insist in limiting it to 3 hours? I think that is the bigger issue here, trying to lock people into a certain time of day.

^This.

I refuse to vote in this poll BECAUSE every option fails for this exact reason.  The window needs to be 6 hours long so that it starts at the beginning of east coast prime time and ends at the end of west coast prime time.  Thus, 8pm ET to 11pm PT.

• Cool 9

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,214 battles

Should be a 6 hour block, at least.  Start it at 7 pm est, let it go till 1 am.  Both east and west coast should have plenty of play time and all time-zones in between.

• Cool 9

[SALTY]
Members
229 posts
16,097 battles
9 minutes ago, h_balck said:

Should be a 6 hour block, at least.  Start it at 7 pm est, let it go till 1 am.  Both east and west coast should have plenty of play time and all time-zones in between.

This. 

• Cool 3

[O7]
Members
534 posts
12,677 battles
11 minutes ago, h_balck said:

I agree.

• Cool 3

[BIAS]
Members
3,154 posts
9,256 battles

3 hour block is too short. 6 would be nice, but anything past 3 hours would be better. 

• Cool 4

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,751 battles
39 minutes ago, awiggin said:

14 minutes ago, h_balck said:

4 minutes ago, DaChosen1FoSho said:

This. 

3 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

I agree.

Ditto.

• Cool 2

[RUST]
Members
51 posts
7,265 battles

The three hour block is to limiting. Current start time is great for east coast, but needs to end at 22:00 PDT or 23:00 for the West coast.

Edited by MntRunner
  • Cool 2

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,788 battles

I would be curious to know why the insistence on 3 hour slots. Is WG worried that it would take too many people from random battles? Is our population not large enough? 

• Cool 3

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,726 posts
15,376 battles

I did like the block because it felt like I could play a bunch of games but didn't play so many that I came away burned out.  And that's with getting a late start due to the start time issue plus trying to field a team after a bunch of us went and did randoms.  That said, perhaps a good way to do this is open up longer blocks on the weekends to take advantage of peoples' abilities to play longer?

At first I didn't like the block idea, but it's grown on me.  I think we sat in queue a max of 30 seconds last night.  Granted, all the clans are trying to get games in because "new shiny" but still, I'd rather have that than 6 hours with 2-3 minute queues.

I also hope people are taking note of the time zone!  

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

I was exhausted after 3 hours of play, and it wasn't even a full 3 hours thanks to the issue that prevented the queue from opening on time. That said, I have no problem with the idea of having a longer window and having my west coast (or even across-the-Pacific) clanmates relieve and reinforce our numbers as the east coast group logs off.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,632 posts
13,606 battles

I do think the window should be longer we had a lot of people on Pacific Coast had a hard time getting there from work

• Cool 1

[IDC]
Beta Testers
37 posts
6,604 battles

I would love a larger window as well. I think that they should run Wensday to sunday. The servers usually patched on wensday if there is a patch. I work nights so starting at 8 kind of stinks cause I go to work at 9 so two or three battles is all I get.  I am not sure why they are limiting the open time on it unless they worried about rigging  or people maxing out and not playing afterwards. I do think clan battles has injected new fun into the game and look forward to doing it .

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
51 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I did like the block because it felt like I could play a bunch of games but didn't play so many that I came away burned out.  And that's with getting a late start due to the start time issue plus trying to field a team after a bunch of us went and did randoms.  That said, perhaps a good way to do this is open up longer blocks on the weekends to take advantage of peoples' abilities to play longer?

At first I didn't like the block idea, but it's grown on me.  I think we sat in queue a max of 30 seconds last night.  Granted, all the clans are trying to get games in because "new shiny" but still, I'd rather have that than 6 hours with 2-3 minute queues.

I also hope people are taking note of the time zone!  

Zath, the way I look at it is that it's YOUR responsibility to stop playing when you're tired or have had enough for the night, but WG shouldn't be so constricting in the CB's time window that it's biased towards people on one coast or the other.  This is why I keep insisting on a 6 hour window, because it's long/wide enough to fully cover both the east and west coast 3 hour prime time blocks (and obviously the two time zones in between).

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
663 posts
6,976 battles

I think it should be increase to 4 hours or so. Not for the time we get to play, but for the people getting off of work and fighting traffic on the west coast. As someone on the east coast this current time block is nice, but I want the players on the west coast to get the same chance to play comfortably.

This extra time can also allow for clans to cycle more players in and out of teams if they have more than the 7 required to play. Just my personal experience after seeing how many members our clan had playing last night. We were only 1 or 2 players short of fielding 3 teams.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,726 posts
15,376 battles
36 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Zath, the way I look at it is that it's YOUR responsibility to stop playing when you're tired or have had enough for the night, but WG shouldn't be so constricting in the CB's time window that it's biased towards people on one coast or the other.  This is why I keep insisting on a 6 hour window, because it's long/wide enough to fully cover both the east and west coast 3 hour prime time blocks (and obviously the two time zones in between).

But I don't wanna go to bed!!!!  

BTW, I'm in Chicago - so zero bias between either coast :-P

[LHG]
Members
1,653 posts
4,926 battles

I ended up choosing the 6 pm to 9 pm option, but in reality most of the members of our clan that would like to form a team are on from 9 pm to midnight.  If the time window went as far as 10 pm we could come really close to fielding a team, as it is, we have 3 out of 16 members who can play during the "Prime Time" window. 

The fact is most of us have jobs and those that don't, have classes most of which happen during the day.  That means, for many, they will be arriving home around 5 to 6 pm, have dinner and be available to start playing probably around 7 pm local time so you'd need to stretch out another 3 or so hours after that.  There will of course be exceptions but that is when most people should be available.

6 pm on the East Coast would be 3 pm Pacific time and three hours past 7 pm Pacific time would be 10 pm.  That being the case, it would seem that the "natural" play time for most players would run from 1500 to 2200 Pacific time, at least on weekdays.  You could probably be more flexible on Weekends but even so, the natural cycles of when people are likely to naturally be available is going to be about the same. 

Just to let you know, the current time window is going to make it nearly impossible to field a team this season.  It also makes it extremely hard to recruit players to the clan.  I mean, if you are a member or two short in that time frame, you can probably recruit enough interested players to fill in the gaps and give new recruits a reasonable expectation that you'll have a clan wars team.  If on the other hand, you're short four or five players available in the "Prime Time" slot, chances are you're going to have an uphill battle to recruit that many new players in the right time zones to participate and you can't honestly represent to potential recruits that you'll be able to field a team this season.  

This essentially funnels experienced players to other clans.  I mean we can still recruit for the future, picking up players who haven't yet advanced to a T8 ship and therefor can't participate yet anyway, but it is really frustrating none the less.  

[SALVO]
Members
17,070 posts
17,737 battles
23 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

But I don't wanna go to bed!!!!  

BTW, I'm in Chicago - so zero bias between either coast :-P

Well, whether you do or you don't, that's your choice.  There was some dope who said in another thread that he was happy that the CB windows were limited because otherwise he wouldn't go to bed.  That just lit me off.  It's not mine nor WG's responsibility to make you go to bed at a responsible hour.  And the CB's hours shouldn't be limited because some dolts can't make responsible decisions about going to bed.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
947 posts
10,407 battles

I also think that increasing time window will be far more useful than moving the windows around. 

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,261 posts
649 battles
25 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I guess the West Coast folks are going to drive this. You all have fun.

This is is incorrect. I'm using PDT to create a more familiar time to the NA audience over UTC. The entire NA server is driving this poll. 

Members
9,975 posts
25 minutes ago, SmirkingGerbil said:

I guess the West Coast folks are going to drive this. You all have fun.

It looks like only 80 clans, or about 560 people participated last night, that's not a real good showing, and not a good sign for the future.

I think they should consider a wider time range to bring in more players, but it may well be that just not enough players are interested in team mode. Really wouldn't be that surprising considering the player base at large.

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
5 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

This is is incorrect. I'm using PDT to create a more familiar time to the NA audience over UTC. The entire NA server is driving this poll. 

Sorry Niko, didn't mean to sound smarmy on that, but the reality for me (and held true for WoT CW) as an old man that gets up early for work, it just kills my ability to participate in CW. 1800 PDT is 8 p.m. Central, which at best means I get an hour.

Just bums me out is all, my job is an early starter. Granted, I realize I may be only 1% of the population.

Edited by SmirkingGerbil