You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dkangel33

Detonation needs to go

496 comments in this topic

Members
26 posts
152 battles

Let me tell you game starts and some moron gets lucky with a detonation and kills me in 1 hit game over what a [edited]waste of time all because of a STUPID game mechanic that should NOT be in this game.

8 games in a ROW I have been detonated so much for it being RANDOM and LOW CHANCE...  

I am done with this game for awhile because 8 games dieing in 1 hit because of a stupid game mechanic is not worth my time.....  Take my money elsewhere.

• Cool 4

[R-F]
Members
761 posts
6,378 battles

We need to sticky the poll thread the showed that a healthy majority of the playerbase is on board with the detonation mechanics so we can link to it when this thread gets started twice a day.

• Cool 9

Members
40 posts
3,809 battles

If im not mistaken, you get 10 -%100 chance of being detonated flags if you do. So you should have 80 of those if you've been detonated 8 times lol.

• Cool 2

[R-F]
Members
761 posts
6,378 battles

Also according to your player page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1002475201-Dkangel33/!/pvp/achieves/

you've been detonated 3 times, total, in 131 battles.  I see that that page is a little outdated but show me an in-game screenshot with 11 detonation achievements or I'm calling you a liar.

• Cool 8

Members
1 post
111 battles
5 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

8 games in a ROW I have been detonated so much for it being RANDOM and LOW CHANCE...  

You have only had 3 detonations total so stop lying and crying. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
6 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

I am done with this game for awhile because 8 games dieing in 1 hit because of a stupid game mechanic is not worth my time.....  Take my money elsewhere.

Is it the games fault your too stubborn to put on your flags or play a different ship type? No? Than be quiet.

• Cool 2

[GRRR]
[GRRR]
Members
597 posts
21,212 battles

Detonations need to stay. They were a real part of real battles and in war games, unlike chess or checkers, unfair and unlucky things happen that have to be dealt with. You do your best; coping with misfortune and succeeding makes for some of the most epic games.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
12 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Only three Detonation Achievements?

r40qr.jpg

You were given a Devastating Strike not Detonated. Learn the difference before you complain about it.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles

From your profile record you've been detonated 3 times in 131 Random Battles. That's only 2.2% and you are only at level 13. You still need to master your game. It'll come just need more practice.

[REVY]
Members
951 posts
7,515 battles
10 minutes ago, EZmfE said:

If im not mistaken, you get 10 -%100 chance of being detonated flags if you do. So you should have 80 of those if you've been detonated 8 times lol.

6 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Is it the games fault your too stubborn to put on your flags or play a different ship type? No? Than be quiet.

Game working as intended

Problem sits in front of keyboard......

• Cool 2

[PLPTE]
Members
493 posts
6,886 battles

How detonations are triggered definitely needs to change, but the OP needs to learn the difference between a Devastating Strike and a Detonation.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
8 minutes ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Maybe he thinks the detonation flags give him a 100% chance of a detonation.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Maybe he thinks the detonation flags give him a 100% chance of a detonation.

Point still stands, it's his own fault that he doesn't read the description or know the difference between a Devastating Strike and a Detonation.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,393 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Point still stands, it's his own fault that he doesn't read the description or know the difference between a Devastating Strike and a Detonation.

True, I remember when I got my first detonation and the "achievement". I thought well cool I got an achievement. Then I read it and thought "well that doesn't sound good"!

• Cool 2

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,862 posts
19,048 battles
24 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

Let me tell you game starts and some moron gets lucky with a detonation and kills me in 1 hit game over what a [edited]waste of time all because of a STUPID game mechanic that should NOT be in this game.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out      heheheheheh  ! ! !

[TMS]
Members
1,735 posts
22,088 battles
24 minutes ago, EZmfE said:

You can only get 100% chance of no detonation flags once every 24 Hours

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,619 posts
9,014 battles
34 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Also according to your player page:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/community/accounts/1002475201-Dkangel33/!/pvp/achieves/

you've been detonated 3 times, total, in 131 battles.  I see that that page is a little outdated but show me an in-game screenshot with 11 detonation achievements or I'm calling you a liar.

We have someone else that thinks that devastating strikes are detonations. I will be honest I prefer detonations over devastating strikes which also have a big RNG factor because of dispersion because I at least get some flags, flags that are highly useful in Clan Wars.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
46 minutes ago, Dkangel33 said:

So, first, not sure why the person that hit you that early in the game is a moron. Sounds like they're an amazing shot. 

Second, people really need to learn how "random" things work. A random thing can happen a billion times in a row and it's still random. Just because something random happens in a streak doesn't mean it isn't random. This kind of fallacy is how people lose so much money on gambling... 

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
53 minutes ago, EZmfE said:

Unless it changed you only get the flags once per day. If it worked that way I'd be running around with all the +5% to detonation flags spamming "shoot me" in chat just to farm the flags for my other ships. 

46 minutes ago, Roadrider7021 said:

Detonations need to stay. They were a real part of real battles and in war games, unlike chess or checkers, unfair and unlucky things happen that have to be dealt with. You do your best; coping with misfortune and succeeding makes for some of the most epic games.

These aren't real battles. This is a silly argument that makes me face palm every time I read someone post it. This.is.not.real. The game is already filled up to the eyeballs in RNG nonsense. It doesn't need even more RNG nonsense that just randomly decided "nope you can't play in this match anymore because reasons"

• Cool 2

Members
974 posts
1,871 battles
33 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

These aren't real battles. This is a silly argument that makes me face palm every time I read someone post it. This.is.not.real. The game is already filled up to the eyeballs in RNG nonsense. It doesn't need even more RNG nonsense that just randomly decided "nope you can't play in this match anymore because reasons"

and there is the same mechanic in WOT and yet no one over there complains about it so why are we special.