You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Sold the Perth

28 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts

This was the least of the 3 saleable ships, and also not OP. It was a fun little ship with it's gimmick smoke, but such a low priority T6 that I didn't see any reason to keep her. The gap between her detection range in smoke and her maximum gun range was not much, so I felt the ship was adversely affected by the smoke change. The Perth was particularly good at capping with her trail of smoke, but now, any DD in the cap will see her if she shoots. As a stand-off cruiser in smoke, the crappy gun range will not allow her to have much effect before something runs up and spots her. I can use the doubloons for other needs.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles

Have heard others say the same thing about her. I almost sprung for her. Kinda glad I didn't now.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts

She has a 68% winning percentage on the RU server, and had the second highest WR on NA for T6 cruisers.

I use her in operations and regularly clear 400k credits.

She is a really gudebote

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,419 posts
12,065 battles

I learned how to use her when her smoke was broke so actually she recently had a smoke buff before the nerf. Basically it was like playing her without smoke before they fixed it so all is cool with her for me.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,217 posts
14,630 battles
16 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

She has a 68% winning percentage on the RU server, and had the second highest WR on NA for T6 cruisers.

I use her in operations and regularly clear 400k credits.

She is a really gudebote

In last Tier VI Ranked, only Ryujo exceeded Perth in WR%.

Beta Testers
1,866 posts
19,090 battles
42 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

This was the least of the 3 saleable ships, and also not OP. It was a fun little ship with it's gimmick smoke, but such a low priority T6 that I didn't see any reason to keep her. The gap between her detection range in smoke and her maximum gun range was not much, so I felt the ship was adversely affected by the smoke change. The Perth was particularly good at capping with her trail of smoke, but now, any DD in the cap will see her if she shoots. As a stand-off cruiser in smoke, the crappy gun range will not allow her to have much effect before something runs up and spots her. I can use the doubloons for other needs.

Nope , I'm keeping my perth  ! ! !

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
7 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Nope , I'm keeping my perth  ! ! !

Yup Same. I really don't understand how any one would sell one of the most unique gems in the game currently. One of the best ranked tier 6 ships as well.

Considering that her smoke range for guns was 4.5, any thing charging in that close will always get hit with the torps.

Edited by Merlox

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts

I wonder if a Perth can still smoke a BB. Fire the guns and get seen? New puff on the way.

I wonder

Edited by Destroyer_Suzukaze

Members
1,866 posts

I understand what you guys are saying, but I've got Arizona, Graf Spee, and Degrasse for tier 6, and that's enough. They are all higher rated than Perth. And they suit my playstyle better.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I wonder if a Perth can still smoke a BB. Fire the guns and get seen? New puff on the way.

Negative. The new smoke concealment mechanic is best understood as: If you fire your guns, all ships within <smokevis range> of you will get spot checks as if smoke was not there.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Negative. The new smoke concealment mechanic is best understood as: If you fire your guns, all ships within <smokevis range> of you will get spot checks as if smoke was not there.

But do they get another spot check when there is a new puff?

[PNP]
Beta Testers
886 posts
17,238 battles

I will never ever sell my perth, I have a thing for that little ship, one of my favorites, took it out to see how the smoke changes affected it, did 80k  and 65k in 1st 2 games, yes will have to update my tactics some with it, but it aint never  going to be sold, its just too much fun to play

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,112 posts
12,671 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

But do they get another spot check when there is a new puff?

It doesn't matter. Think of smokevis checks as regular vision checks that occur with all smoke temporarily removed from the board (and the shorter smokevis number used instead of your regular concealment).

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles

Thanks for making my Perth more unique.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
734 posts
3,298 battles
39 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Thanks for making my Perth more unique.

I know this might sound odd, But i've only played 2 battles out of my 300+ perth battles where i've seen other perths. It's pretty damn unique.

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles

What i dont like about the Perth is no captain training for other ships....  i felt WG should have just let her be interchangeable with the Brit line.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,738 posts
13 minutes ago, GiN_nTonic said:

What i dont like about the Perth is no captain training for other ships....  i felt WG should have just let her be interchangeable with the Brit line.

I would love Jack Dunkirk in the Perth

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles
9 minutes ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

I would love Jack Dunkirk in the Perth

who wouldn't....  19 pts of pure fun.

[ONAVY]
Members
147 posts
13,631 battles

I would sell my Perth, Belfast, and Kutuzov if it was for actual money instead of doubloons. I would sell all my premium DD's too. Hell, for actual cash I would sell all my premiums.(except maybe the Murmansk,my first and a proven Nerf-survivor)

The way WG sells a ship they "tested" and then later tries claim it was a "mistake" and had features that were "never intended" makes me feel that all premiums are future dissappointments. I wouldn't be surprised if selling off these three ships became too popular and WG nerfed doubloons.

It's bad enough to grind a line, spend the time and effort to develop the skills, only to be punished with a nerf to the entire line. Sucks but oh well, I can adjust and it's their game not mine. When I pay money for something and it becomes something less than what I paid for though ... I feel cheated.

No Perth, no Belfast, no Kutusov? Fiji and Chapayev will fill the void well enough. It's their ships to do with as they please. I am not out any cash if they want to ruin them.

I don't hate WG. I don't understand what drives their decisions or how these decisions benefit them long term. Sometimes it feels like the kids are running the show. Regardless, it is obvious that loyalty to ones' customers is not a priority. I can adjust to that too.

Beta Testers
731 posts
5,907 battles
5 minutes ago, BatRastardly said:

I would sell my Perth, Belfast, and Kutuzov if it was for actual money instead of doubloons. I would sell all my premium DD's too. Hell, for actual cash I would sell all my premiums.(except maybe the Murmansk,my first and a proven Nerf-survivor)

The way WG sells a ship they "tested" and then later tries claim it was a "mistake" and had features that were "never intended" makes me feel that all premiums are future dissappointments. I wouldn't be surprised if selling off these three ships became too popular and WG nerfed doubloons.

It's bad enough to grind a line, spend the time and effort to develop the skills, only to be punished with a nerf to the entire line. Sucks but oh well, I can adjust and it's their game not mine. When I pay money for something and it becomes something less than what I paid for though ... I feel cheated.

No Perth, no Belfast, no Kutusov? Fiji and Chapayev will fill the void well enough. It's their ships to do with as they please. I am not out any cash if they want to ruin them.

I don't hate WG. I don't understand what drives their decisions or how these decisions benefit them long term. Sometimes it feels like the kids are running the show. Regardless, it is obvious that loyalty to ones' customers is not a priority. I can adjust to that too.

I'm not a WG fan-boy that goes to agree with them all the time, but I have to say in this case I like the change for game balance and reality.  There should be an option for ships to counter smoke like that on a powerful cruiser other than for them to have to basically simply take a pounding from inadvisable fire.  I like the fact that has to be considered now by a Belfast or Kutuzov in their planning.  Id rather WG nerf those ships the way they actually did than specifically nerf those ships in stats.

Not to mention, the ships will be taken away from sale so they become very unique ships.

[ONAVY]
Members
147 posts
13,631 battles
1 minute ago, GiN_nTonic said:

I'm not a WG fan-boy that goes to agree with them all the time, but I have to say in this case I like the change for game balance an reality.  There should be an option for ships to counter smoke like that on a powerful cruiser.  I like the fact that has to be considered.  Id rather WG nerf those ships the way they actually did than specifically nerf those ships in stats.

I never actually relied on smoke for any of these ships and have played all three without using any smoke.  I'm weird in that I don't like stealth firing in any form. I don't camp behind islands in my Atlanta, I don't squat in smoke unless I have to, and only relied on OWSF in ships that were designed for that and not much else. Up to me I would prevent any ship from firing any weapon or launching planes unless they had a forward speed exceeding 10 knots.

So I think you are right, but, none of this was the point I was making. My position is WG is treating paying customers poorly and because of that ALL premiums come with the potential of making one feel cheated at some later date and for reasons that may or may not make sense.

I am not saying anyone should sell them back for doubloons.... unless you need doubloons why bother? WG is not actually refunding anything real. They are keeping the cash and providing an illusion of fairness.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,742 posts
8,331 battles

Actually with the new smoke mecanic, Perth is probably the only ship that doesn't really suffer of it. Belfast for instance use his smoke and is forced to stay inside without moving. Perth on the other hand can slowly move while his smoke is active, making this ship harder to shoot in smoke.

Also, the detectability after firing from smoke is probably around 5 km which is not huge. 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,193 posts
11,707 battles
1 hour ago, GiN_nTonic said:

Soon she can train Vampire captains!