Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeathLord1969

CM Hyper 212 EVO temps

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
829 posts
2,634 battles

What kind of temps should I expect roughly with this on an i7 7700k?

Right now, according to Coretemp, they are mid 30s to low 40s. Fan speed, according to MSI's command center is 1800+. (100%)

Edited by DeathLord1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,976
[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

very hot

212 evo isn't that good of a heatsink, but it's better than stock for light overclocks.

and i7-7700k runs really hot, because intel's heatspreader doesn't mate to the cpu well at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
829 posts
2,634 battles
42 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

very hot

212 evo isn't that good of a heatsink, but it's better than stock for light overclocks.

and i7-7700k runs really hot, because intel's heatspreader doesn't mate to the cpu well at all.

Which is why people are de-lidding them. But I'm not goin that far.

So for air cooling, other than the butt ugly noctua, what's a good cooler?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,976
[SYN]
Members
14,456 posts
10,465 battles

If you aren't overclocking, 212 evo is fine.

30c - 40c is fine at stock and idle

You should notice the temps really spiking at full load. 70c - 80c full load isn't unheard of for stock 7700k.

The ones that are overclocked will hit over 90c without adequate cooling.

Edited by MrDeaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
2,492 battles
5 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

212 evo isn't that good of a heatsink, but it's better than stock for light overclocks.

 

It's still a great heatsink if you replace its stock fan and aren't going for extreme clocks on high end processors. But it's not a good heatsink for OP's use case with a rather new Intel i7 K processor (which he'll likely overclock, because if he wasn't going to, he'd get the non-K). Wording's everything...

 

4 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

So for air cooling, other than the butt ugly noctua, what's a good cooler?

 

Here are some air coolers of comparable performance to Noctua's larger models.

This one has colour options if you're picky, great fans, too.

The above choice is better statistically than this one (in performance and noise), but I like to give options!

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
829 posts
2,634 battles
7 hours ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

 

It's still a great heatsink if you replace its stock fan and aren't going for extreme clocks on high end processors. But it's not a good heatsink for OP's use case with a rather new Intel i7 K processor (which he'll likely overclock, because if he wasn't going to, he'd get the non-K). Wording's everything...

 

 

Here are some air coolers of comparable performance to Noctua's larger models.

This one has colour options if you're picky, great fans, too.

The above choice is better statistically than this one (in performance and noise), but I like to give options!

I do plan on doing some overclocking at some point.

I was thinking of getting a better fan to replace the stock one but no clue on which are good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
2,492 battles
8 hours ago, DeathLord1969 said:

I was thinking of getting a better fan to replace the stock one but no clue on which are good.

 

I'll have to check what size of a fan the Hyper 212 takes when I get back in the evening, been many years since I've seen one for myself. I'll edit the post when I get back.

Edited by HowitzerBlitzer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×