Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Doomlock

Armada: Giulio Cesare

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hi guys!

 

Late last night the Armada for GC came out:

 

Looks like she's ready to go! Hope to see her real soon™!

 

Thanks to @dseehafer for pointing it out.

 

Fair winds and following sews captains! :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,147
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles

Maybe tomorrow. Don't think they wait with a new premium till the OR sale ends. They teased 2 premium DD yesterday and they Kidd is back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[5IN]
Members
1,790 posts
8,129 battles

She is a sexy looking ship, isn't she.  We'll see how the stats look, but I may have to pop for her regardless.  Its not like I need more premiums... I have quite a few that I don't play as it is, but why not... spending money on WoWs is still cheaper than hookers, blow or booze :Smile-_tongue:.

 

b

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,408
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,256 posts
2,029 battles

My body is ready!

 

My wallet... Well, we'll have to make do :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,187
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,799 posts
10,299 battles

Any comments on the Che-za-reh pronunciation from those in the know?

 

Also they may be over-selling the mighty 250mm belt - not a disaster but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
555
[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,387 battles
20 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

She is a sexy looking ship, isn't she.  We'll see how the stats look, but I may have to pop for her regardless.  Its not like I need more premiums... I have quite a few that I don't play as it is, but why not... spending money on WoWs is still cheaper than hookers, blow or booze :Smile-_tongue:.

 

b

Dude that is classic. The comparison between hookers, blow and booze. Now I know I'm addicted to this game. Enjoy the game more than those 3!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Any comments on the Che-za-reh pronunciation from those in the know?

I ran the name through google translate for the pronunciation, and it was the same.

 

Joo-lee-oh Che-za-reh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
19 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

I ran the name through google translate for the pronunciation, and it was the same.

 

Joo-lee-oh Che-za-reh.

that's an odd way to pronounce it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,710
[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
5 minutes ago, megadeux said:

that's an odd way to pronounce it.

It's how the Italians say it. Not really much to say about that. :fish_aqua:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,408
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,256 posts
2,029 battles
25 minutes ago, Tingent said:

Pronounced:

Julius Caesar

 

... Nope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,102
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,834 posts
4,724 battles

I'll wait for @LittleWhiteMouse's review before I say anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,408
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,256 posts
2,029 battles
52 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

It's how the Italians say it. Not really much to say about that. :fish_aqua:

 

It's pretty simple, tbh. Usually if you just follow phonetics you're golden. The only thing you have to watch out for are the rules that opposite in English (ex, 'che/chi' vs 'ce/ci,').

 

At least the rules are consistent, though XD sometimes English just can't make up its mind what certain letters do to each other (which is understandable given how many languages contributed to modern English).

 

Still, all the name s so far have been easy... With Abruzzi... Well, welcome to the world of 'gli' :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,147
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,176 posts
18,887 battles

The soon stamp is removed in the extended techtree so she will arrive in a more soonish time. Still hope for "incredisoon"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,502
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles

What I find most hilarious is the fact that this Armada video has far more effort put into it than the KGV Armada video, and you could tell the editor and narrator were at least more excited about this ship than the KGV.

 

That aside, looks like the Italian BB flavor might be maneuverability, though Julio Cesare is likely a testbed for how far into it they will go (the way Warspite and Hood were tests for a few elements that later showed up in more modest form in the RNBB line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
101
[LRM3]
[LRM3]
Members
411 posts
5,608 battles
1 hour ago, Phoenix_jz said:

 

 

Still, all the name s so far have been easy... With Abruzzi... Well, welcome to the world of 'gli' :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

 I doubt many will be able to do the gli. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,408
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,256 posts
2,029 battles
22 minutes ago, ElAurens said:

This is a T5 ship?

 

yup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
730 posts
3,905 battles
7 hours ago, mofton said:

Any comments on the Che-za-reh pronunciation from those in the know?

 

Also they may be over-selling the mighty 250mm belt - not a disaster but...

 

7 hours ago, Doomlock said:

I ran the name through google translate for the pronunciation, and it was the same.

 

Joo-lee-oh Che-za-reh.

 

7 hours ago, Tingent said:

Pronounced:

Julius Caesar

 

6 hours ago, Doomlock said:

It's how the Italians say it. Not really much to say about that. :fish_aqua:

 

5 hours ago, Phoenix_jz said:

 

It's pretty simple, tbh. Usually if you just follow phonetics you're golden. The only thing you have to watch out for are the rules that opposite in English (ex, 'che/chi' vs 'ce/ci,').

 

At least the rules are consistent, though XD sometimes English just can't make up its mind what certain letters do to each other (which is understandable given how many languages contributed to modern English).

 

Still, all the name s so far have been easy... With Abruzzi... Well, welcome to the world of 'gli' :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

 

5 hours ago, vrabek22 said:

the pronounciation of the name is wrong in the video.

Here is a link: https://forvo.com/word/giulio_cesare/

As of Italian descent, they could have done better for the video.

 

Greetings everyone, Beorn here.  Now, for those of you who do NOT know me, I should point out 2 obscure and (mostly) useless facts about me from my before time (i.e.- Uni), I received my Bachelors in Opera, and my masters is in Medieval and Renaissance Music.  I wanted something as "useful" as a philosophy degree, but I wanted more letters, so there you go.

 

Anyhoo, there is a form of notation for language called the International Phonetic Alphabet, or (IPA) for short.  Now, a brief scribble of the Italian name for Julius Caesar, Giulio Cesare, in IPA comes up with the following:

[ 'ʤu:ljo 'ʧe:zare]

 

Now, for Americans not used to speaking in Italian, the closest sounds would be something like Doomlock wrote above, but being a mild pedant, I personally would write it:

 

dJOO-lee-oh CHEH-zah-reh

 

Anyway, back to the ship itself...  I HOPE it is for sale tomorrow.  I want that ship!

 

And, as they might say in the Italian Navy, "Ancora spedata! A presto!"

 

~B

 

Edited by Beornotns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
698
[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
3,942 battles

For the love of all that is holy English or Italian. Giulio Cesare or Julius Caesar, we are not Spanish. 

Edited by SparvieroVV
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×