You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

PSA: Reset ALL Your Commanders While It's Free

18 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

Hi everyone,

Last night, I made the decision to take advantage of the free captain skills reset to go through my 200+ ships in port and reset most of the good commanders on them.  Since most of us only grind a few ships at a time, I figured it would be smart to reset all of my higher level commanders as a preemptive way to prepare for any new game mechanics or a shift in meta in the future.  I'll leave all those ships and commanders not being used fully reset until I need to activate them again for any purpose.  You never know when you're going to need a particular ship for a specific purpose.

The point being is that although it may seem arduous and time consuming, it may end up being very beneficial down the road, especially when respec'ing captain skills for stuff like Ranked, Clan Battles, etc.  Could end up saving a lot of $$$ as well.

Just my two cents :Smile_coin:

• Cool 3

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts

Thanks, I did reset all my Captains.

One question - does anyone know how long this is going to last? 

I reset my tier 10 ship commanders for SUW to support clan battles.  What about when they conclude?  Can I go back to multi-role to support random battles for free?

Hate to take Des Moines or Montana into randoms with no AA skills.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
11 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Don't remember the exact deadline but I thought it was basically for the weekend, so not long.  And of course, there's always someone who gets caught out when things end at 8 AM Pacific time and wails "I thought I had all day on the <insert date here> and now its over and I missed it, and I want mah stufz!"

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles
3 hours ago, jmanII said:

Thanks, I did reset all my Captains.

I reset my tier 10 ship commanders for SUW to support clan battles.  What about when they conclude?  Can I go back to multi-role to support random battles for free?

Hate to take Des Moines or Montana into randoms with no AA skills.

Hey jmanll! - The Commander reset option runs from the 18th - 23rd (as per WGs 6.12 posting on the website). 

Unfortunately, this means you can reconfigure for Clan Wars, but the conversion back to random play (i.e. when you want your AA to face CVs) is going to cost doubloons or Free Commanders XP.

Edited by hangglide42

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
616 posts

Thanks for the answers, I was afraid of that.

Need to save my DB I guess.

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

I took advantage of it as fast as I could. Been waiting for it.

For sure.  Things like this don't come along very often.

I bet there are a ton of players out there with old ships that were configured for an older, out of date meta who would benefit greatly from a fleet skill overhaul.

[TBW]
Members
6,403 posts
12,050 battles

I might take advantage of it to lose my manual secondaries on my German bb's, they are really great but you also really have to be on the ball because they won't open fire on their own like manual AA. They fire from both sides and at multiple targets if they aren't on manual, that helps immensely with situational awareness. Otherwise I have too many Captains to redo.

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles
29 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

For sure.  Things like this don't come along very often.

I bet there are a ton of players out there with old ships that were configured for an older, out of date meta who would benefit greatly from a fleet skill overhaul.

I've been wanting to take IHFE off of my Atago commander for ages but never have had the doubloons to do it. I just reset everything and also de-mounted all my modules (which is also free). When the event is over I can be judicious as to what goes back where.

In the interim, however, I am taking advantage of the opportunity to rearrange commander skills at will. The theoretically "best" build might not be the best build for me and the way I play the game. Therefore, I'm trying different builds this week to see how they actually play for me in the game.

[PROJX]
Members
969 posts
15,734 battles

One other item that almost fell thru the cracks for me - after I respec’d all my relevant commanders who were in assigned ships, I went thru my Unassigned Commanders and unallocated all skills that were taken on these commanders (e.g.  a 0/6 commander was restored to an unassigned 6/6 commander).

This gives you the maximum flexibility if you need to assign and reskill these Commanders in the future.

Edited by hangglide42

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles

Yup, I saw the free respecs and when ham. Changed all the captains that I went "I wish I would have picked THAT skill instead." It was a god-send.

Edited by Vekta408

[TOAST]
Members
812 posts
7,256 battles
1 minute ago, Vekta408 said:

double post deleted

Edited by Vekta408

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles
17 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

This gives you the maximum flexibility if you need to assign and reskill these Commanders in the future.

Bingo.

[SF-A]
Beta Testers
302 posts
9,897 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I missed the announcement, and will make good use of the reset and upgrade removal.

[-K-]
Members
5,270 posts
9,108 battles

Also, if you're like me and forgot till now, don't forget to reset all of your commanders in reserve too.

[PSP]
Members
6,262 posts
8,901 battles

Remember, the event ends early Monday morning:

Oct. 23, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET)  Oct. 23, 04:00 PT (07:00 ET)