Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

From Closed Beta to now, WoWS has never been more engaging

18 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles

A lot of guys come on here and talk about how they're pissed off about this, or that is ruined.  Those people are idiots.

Yes, the game has continued to evolve.  If you can't handle change in your life, you'd better buckle up buttercup because you're in for a bumpy ride.

But the bottom line is.  The game has never been as addictive as it is now.  Between combat missions, daily containers, oil collection, campaigns, special events, better commander skills, etc. there has never been so much stuff to "work on."  I haven't tried Clan battles yet, but now that they're working I'm starting to hear good things.

Props to WG for creating such an addictive experience. 

• Cool 4

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles

Somewhere on this forum, somebody made a detailed post of how the game has evolved from Closed Alpha until now.  If new players could only see what the game was like in its infancy, they may appreciate it more for what it is now.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,063 battles

They have added a lot and have changed a lot. I just wish I had more actual play time. As I am at work looking at the forums. I think the changes keep it interesting and it shows that WG is trying to fix/address issues. They haven't just said "Well, this is how the game is and going to stay". They are trying.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles
18 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Props to WG for creating such an addictive experience.

Ya, I uninstalled then reinstalled so they got me hooked. Unfortunately (or is that 'fortune' -ately for WG, lol).

Members
161 posts
3,015 battles

The game has it's up times and down times, depending on the changes...currently (before this release, haven't been in yet) the game has been in a good state for a bit.  The British BBs haven't been a big deal for me so far, and I'm looking forward to some of the new lines coming in the future.  Fortunately for me I'm not a DD main, I'm horrbad in them, and the changes in the last year haven't helped me there, not one bit.  But no complaint, I spend most of my time in CL/CA or BBs.  There has been a couple of times where I just took some time off, let things settle back down and jump back in.

Balance, if that is what people want, seems to be an elusive target, depending on which ships you like to play.  

[NSF]
Beta Testers
5,001 posts
5,978 battles

I agree that the game is better now than it has ever been since launch, but it launched in a pretty terrible state and WG has been spending the last two years trying to solve problems that should have been ironed out in Beta.

The game is "okay" now, but a lot of work is still needed. Chief among these is the CV rework, which has been promised for TWO YEARS now. Apparently, contrary to what they told us, they haven't actually been working on the overhaul at all until a month ago. 

If if they get the CV rework out the door successfully in the first half of 2018, mated with the necessary AA rework and more clan actions, then I think we may have a real winner here. But until that happens, I'm not holding my breath. I've been playing WG games for too long to get optimistic about anything until it's absolutely assured to actually be happening.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,876 posts
5,259 battles
11 minutes ago, Big_Spud said:

I agree that the game is better now than it has ever been since launch, but it launched in a pretty terrible state and WG has been spending the last two years trying to solve problems that should have been ironed out in Beta.

The game is "okay" now, but a lot of work is still needed. Chief among these is the CV rework, which has been promised for TWO YEARS now. Apparently, contrary to what they told us, they haven't actually been working on the overhaul at all until a month ago. 

If if they get the CV rework out the door successfully in the first half of 2018, mated with the necessary AA rework and more clan actions, then I think we may have a real winner here. But until that happens, I'm not holding my breath. I've been playing WG games for too long to get optimistic about anything until it's absolutely assured to actually be happening.

In their defense, the CV rework is a tall order.  I wouldn't have a clue how to fix them and improve the gameplay experience without making CVs ludicrously OP.  Of course, I'm not a CV player, so that might be part of it.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

So many awesome things have come out of the development and additions to the game after beta. 

Operations, new ship lines, premiums, containers, campaigns, Halloween events, it's all pretty good stuff.

[HYDRA]
Members
136 posts
1,167 battles

I can't speak to how warships used to be (and now I am treading very near the nostalgia danger zone) but TBH it feels a lot like a beta release now with how awful the stability is. Last night my clan had someone crash during clan battles and I average about 4 games per game breaking bug (like freezing up, everything going black or the sky and ocean both turning a weird mix of purple, yellow and blue). The game is fun when it works but I would like to know if it used to need to be restarted every couple of games.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,276 posts
12,815 battles

Well, they certainly have a lot more skinner boxes in the game now.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles

Oh this game is way different from the first days I played all the way back to the last beta weekend. I mean the major armor change actually allowed BBs to tank.

Image the tears when the 6 inch cruisers could sail up to a BB with AP mind you and brawl down a BB with minor damage then sail away.

WITH AP. Let that sink in.

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,429 battles

I've been playing for about a year and a half now and this is the only game I've ever played that long. I've stayed with it and went through my ups and downs. Totally engaging and always evolving. I feel that I am just now getting semi good. Win rate doesn't always show it though. Love the forums and all the good advice I've picked up from all of you guys.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,241 posts

I just miss the St. Louis not having a citadel at all and enough armor to bounce most tier BB's.  Ping - min damage, ping - min damage ahh the tears of a BB captain were sweet!

But yeah, these are good times.  I just wish COOP AI were smarter and the matches fielded more ships. 

Members
41 posts
1,143 battles

because you are an "achiever", other people may have no interest in completing this or that.

Then it s clan battle, see the ships they have put forward... (and two japs) that's it.

That s game game for people who like missions, and pvp stuff, but for wargame fans, or historical fan, move along.

Ship without citadel, high Fire rate, all of this is just [edited]. you guys don't like wargame you just like pvp mmo, and they gave u one

So sad.. go with fantasy and dragon, leave wargames alone

we had better games in the past, 

simulation tools have never been so accurate, and everyone got good computers, it s sad... for this treatement, any korean 2000's mmorpg will do better

Edited by tribal556

[BOTES]
Members
1,919 posts
6,658 battles

Sure, WoWS is more addicting in terms of content, but not gameplay or balance. It's still infinitely more balanced than that shitshow WoT but poor balance with good content isn't a recipe for success. If anything, you disappoint people even more because they want to like the game but can't swallow the meta.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
37 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Image the tears when the 6 inch cruisers could sail up to a BB with AP mind you and brawl down a BB with minor damage then sail away.

Cleveland

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
1,632 posts
5,963 battles
46 minutes ago, tribal556 said:

because you are an "achiever", other people may have no interest in competing this or that.

Then it s clan battle, see the ships they have put forward... (and two japs) that's it.

That s game game fo people who like missions, and pvp stuff, but for wargame fans, or historical fan, move along.

Ship without citadel, high Fire rate, all of this is just [edited]. you guys don't like wargame you just like pvp mmo, and they gave u one

So sad.. go with fantasy and dragon, leave wargames alone

Cry us a river dude.  WG is a company and has to make money.  There's none in sims.  If you want a real sim then you're gonna have to commission one yourself.

Sign in to follow this