You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Sold my free Kutuzov!

49 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles

I got a Kutuzov in a santa crate back when.  Tried it a few times, but it just wasn't my thing.  I'm not a CL guy.

Sold it last night.  I think I got 10,400 doubloons for it.  Not bad for a free ship!

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,182 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

I got a Kutuzov in a santa crate back when.  Tried it a few times, but it just wasn't my thing.  I'm not a CL guy.

Sold it last night.  I think I got 10,400 doubloons for it.  Not bad for a free ship!

313625EE-36AA-484D-A510-B148627D4C60.jpeg

• Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles
Just now, Spyde said:

Sold a ship you can't get again.

Cool!

It can be obtained from SCs, Event Boxes that have a ship drop chance (X-mas boxes for example), and Events (as a reward ship).

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

It can be obtained from SCs, Event Boxes that have a ship drop chance (X-mas boxes for example), and Events (as a reward ship).

How awesome would that be?  I get it for free.  Sell it.  Get it for free again. . . then maybe sell it again if they give me another chance to.  LOL

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,157 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

How awesome would that be?  I get it for free.  Sell it.  Get it for free again. . . then maybe sell it again if they give me another chance to.  LOL

:Smile_sceptic:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,486 posts
3,435 battles
2 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

The deal is only temporary, but yes, there is the one-in-a-million possibility of earning a repeat Kutuzov from an SC and being able to sell it again while the deal is temporarily active. But that of course requires earning both an SC, and a Kutuzov within that SC. And if you do win one during this time period, then I'm pretty sure you used up all your luck for the year. :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Members
1,458 posts
12,302 battles
8 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Big mistake.

Don't see any issue with selling a ship that the OP does not play and turning it into something that can get you things that you can use (another ship, premium time, etc).  I also sold off my Kut this morning, already had the Belfast, enjoy it much more, Kut has just been sitting in my port, have not played it in awhile and given where tier 8 play is, not any plans to jump into it any time soon.  I will most likely turn the doubloons into a ship in the future (will see if the drop Alabama into tech tree, but no big hurry).  

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,978 battles

you may eventually regret having done that, as it now going to be a phenomenally rare ship for anyone to get.  The only place your going to get it will be code giveaway (insanely rare) and super containers (also insanely rare) and if the bring back X-mas crates this year it may be available through them.  

But hopefully you'll do your self some good things with the doubloons you got..  If nothing else it's good for several months of premium time!

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
19 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Big mistake.

To sell I ship that I didn't like and never played anymore in exchange for $40ish worth of doubloons that will make my Missouri cheaper?

Don't think so.

If I just want to play a ship "that you can't get anymore" I'll play my Nikolai, KA, or if I'm desperate my Gremy.

[TFLT]
Members
148 posts
9,146 battles

Nerfs come...and Nerfs go. Buffs can come up in the future that make the old super rare ships that haven't been sold in 3 years suddenly "THE" ship to have. I would never sell a ship that has just been announced to be extinct. Regardless. A 7k view range when able to shoot 19k is really not a nerf IMO. If I ever get within 7k of ANYTHING in a Kutuzov as it is...I really screwed up. Kutuzov has always been a ship best left to the better players as it is. Kutuzov and Belfast aren't going anywhere. Belfast only has a 5.2k debuff in smoke. Fine with me. I already never let anything that close and no good player will have any problem managing that debuff. The good news really is that they're not on sale anymore. I love having discontinued  ships.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,736 battles

You can have my Kutuzov and my Belfast when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Otherwise, I keeping them.

I considering selling back the Perth that I recently go in a SC, but now I think I'm just going to hold on to it. Something about owning a ship that's just been made all but extinct.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 minute ago, CyberKnife said:

Nerfs come...and Nerfs go. Buffs can come up in the future that make the old super rare ships that haven't been sold in 3 years suddenly "THE" ship to have. I would never sell a ship that has just been announced to be extinct. Regardless. A 7k view range when able to shoot 19k is really not a nerf IMO. If I ever get within 7k of ANYTHING in a Kutuzov as it is...I really screwed up. Kutuzov has always been a ship best left to the better players as it is. Kutuzov and Belfast aren't going anywhere. Belfast only has a 5.2k debuff in smoke. Fine with me. I already never let anything that close and no good player will have any problem managing that debuff. The good news really is that they're not on sale anymore. I love having discontinued  ships.

It's not about how weak or strong it is.  It's the play style.  I'm an aggressive player.  I like to get in close and mix it up.  Hanging back and spamming is boring to me.  There will never be enough changes to Kutuzov to change it to a playstyle I like.

Belfast is a good example.  Love the ship, having visited it.  There's no question it's a strong ship.  Just find the playstyle boring and I'm not going to spend money for a ship I won't enjoy playing.

Similarly, I'm not going to have a bunch of free doubloons tied up in a ship I don't like, when I could be using those to fund stuff that I do like.  I don't have enough time to play all the ships that I love. . . I certainly don't have enough time to play ships that I hate.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,866 posts
5,255 battles
1 minute ago, sbcptnitro said:

You can have my Kutuzov and my Belfast when you pry them from my cold dead hands.

Otherwise, I keeping them.

I considering selling back the Perth that I recently go in a SC, but now I think I'm just going to hold on to it. Something about owning a ship that's just been made all but extinct.

When you have several "extinct" ships already, its not such a big deal.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Meanwhile I still hope a SC will eventually grace me with a Nikolai. :fish_aqua:

[TFLT]
Members
148 posts
9,146 battles

I get it. Just for me..having a ship that will be more and more rare over time is worth having the coin tied up in it. I sold the Perth myself. I hated that thing. The range on it was an absolute Joke. My Phoenix at tier 4 out ranges it by 1.6k. That I happily sold back...and was comforted that if they ever fix it I could buy it back. If it was also taken off the market I would have had a hard time selling it just for the rare factor. I can see why you would get rid of it if its not your thing. I kinda like mine but don't play it often.

[DAKI]
Members
627 posts
6,382 battles

lord god pls dont sale your ship. I regret it now, the ship even with the smoke nerf is still the same

all well, I didnt use it much anyway.

Edited by awildpervert

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,488 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

To sell I ship that I didn't like and never played anymore in exchange for $40ish worth of doubloons that will make my Missouri cheaper?

Don't think so.

If I just want to play a ship "that you can't get anymore" I'll play my Nikolai, KA, or if I'm desperate my Gremy.

If your desperate your Gremy,, Oh tha pain,,,, That ship is fun & gun concentrated, refined, and encapsulated awesomeness on a biblical scale unheard of since the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel run in under 12 parsecs. 

[CVA16]
Members
2,751 posts
6,390 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Remember back at Christmas when free ships were dropping everywhere it seemed? I got that tier 3 Japanese BB 3 times. Sold all 3 of them.

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,962 battles

Gremy?  That still in Santa boxes?