Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GoodSamaritan

Halloween event affecting free ship event

7 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,694 battles

Please don't take this as whining, I love me some halloween events in my games, and wargaming puts up some good ones.

Unfortunately this year this event is cannibalizing player-base from random battles, making the first goal of the 1600 base xp earned battle for the russian tongue twister battleship near-impossible -> there's just not enough people queuing up, so matches end up with far less players per side, which means less potential for damage caused which means less xp. 

Again, I love your halloween event, but wish the timing or gate-keeper mission for the free ship had been a bit better planned for. As of now I'm close to 25 matches in the past 24 hours, none of which have had full player line-ups, my most-filled match had teams of 6v6 at tier VII.

Food for thought: rather than depend on not splitting your player-base across two events, maybe go back to the "earn x amount of experience over any number of random battles" as a gatekeeper mission. Earning 1600xp is not hard, but its impossible with player counts being reduced by 30 to 40% per battle.

Side note: I'm assuming some people will jump on here and say "hey i got my 1600xp win in 5 minutes while playing with my feet and folding origami" <----good for  you. I wish I had the luck to get a full match and be there with ya.

[R-F]
Members
752 posts
6,366 battles

what tier are you playing at?  I played 11 battles last evening, and every one was a full on 12 on 12.  Or is it because you're playing now? I assume less people are on the North American server in the North American morning.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

you have same chance to get high xp no matter what the matchup, unless you are saying that most of spuds are playing operation.   as long as you can get into MM quick, who cares about population. 

Beta Testers
4 posts
1,694 battles

Yeah I assume it may be time-of-day related which means I'm just out of luck because this is the time of day I get to play.

2 minutes ago, centarina said:

you have same chance to get high xp no matter what the matchup, unless you are saying that most of spuds are playing operation.   as long as you can get into MM quick, who cares about population. 

If the match isn't full then the -potential- xp available to be earned by causing damage, caps, etc. is definitely less. Just not enough stuff to shoot at. 

Playing at T-VII with an Indianapolis and a Fiji, though normally I could get that much XP in my Kongo if the match was full. Time of day is gonna be my downfall I guess.

Members
396 posts
9,434 battles

Every battle I played (high tier) had full rosters last night? I didn't see any such issue.... in fact the Halloween event had more bots on it that regular players on my team when I played 1 game.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

I don't seem to have issue with finding full matchup, but could be timing if you have issues.   remember that it is base XP, so it can be easier with higher tier.     

[HEROS]
Members
1,426 posts
11,973 battles

Yep, lets see, clan battle, getting ones self an Oct.Rev. and Halloween event..  Yep.. it's the busy time of year.. and there's still turkey day after Halloween, and Xmass after that.. then new years..

Sign in to follow this