You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
alexf24

WTH? Rentals? I don't need no stinking rentals!

22 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,753 battles

Finished a mission and got three rentals: Shimakaze, Zao, GK.

Issue is I already own all three of them. They have now been replaced by rentals? Seriously?

So I can't use my own and have to use rentals with no camo?

Seriously WG?

Who came up with this idea? Rentals are for people that do not have T10s and should be optional. I want my ships back!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,004 posts
13,702 battles

I've got both rental and owned ships showing up in port.  Can you see your owned ones at all?

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,753 battles

I see now. Whew!

They are indeed in the carousel. Had to change the setup.

Still, why give them when you already have them?

Thanks

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
11 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Finished a mission and got three rentals: Shimakaze, Zao, GK.

Issue is I already own all three of them. They have now been replaced by rentals? Seriously?

So I can't use my own and have to use rentals with no camo?

Seriously WG?

Who came up with this idea? Rentals are for people that do not have T10s and should be optional. I want my ships back!

Rentals is a separate issue, a Rental is given to you to play for 2 days at the end of this you are given the opportunity to buy it .. just bought the Okhotnik 

these 3 ships are given to play in the Clan Battles and when that ends they will disappear.. you can not buy 

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I see now. Whew!

They are indeed in the carousel. Had to change the setup.

Still, why give them when you already have them?

Thanks

I have a Zao also .. not everybody has a X ship, and that’s whats required for Clan Battles 

[UFEF]
Members
4 posts
3,768 battles
11 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Rentals is a separate issue, a Rental is given to you to play for 2 days at the end of this you are given the opportunity to buy it .. just bought the Okhotnik 

these 3 ships are given to play in the Clan Battles and when that ends they will disappear.. you can not buy 

Wait so you're saying that a player can buy the rentals after two days of using the ship? Well there goes my 9,000,000+ credits.

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,753 battles
17 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I have a Zao also .. not everybody has a X ship, and that’s whats required for Clan Battles 

I know that. My point was that rentals are for people that need them for Clan Battles. I have T10s (in fact all except Conqueror which I am working on, and CVs which I don't do). I don't need rentals. For a moment it looked like they had replaced the ships in port. Luckily turns out they did not.

If people want rentals, good for them. I don't want any.

Members
616 posts
3,497 battles

The rentals are to make Clan Battles more accessible.

And to complete a challenge to get 5 of each special flag.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,802 posts
15,249 battles
21 minutes ago, LEgGOdt said:

Wait so you're saying that a player can buy the rentals after two days of using the ship? Well there goes my 9,000,000+ credits.

Slow down there, Hot Rod; what he said was that after you had received, and used, Okhotnik or Scharnhorst, you would receive an offer from WoW to purchase those rental ships. I know this is true because I just picked up Okhotnik this way.

The tier 10 ships are a completely different story; they were given to players (clan members only?) to participate in clan wars for players who don't have tier 10 ships. There will be no offer for you to buy them after clan wars, other than the regular one where you work yourself up a line to tier 10.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
36 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

I know that. My point was that rentals are for people that need them for Clan Battles. I have T10s (in fact all except Conqueror which I am working on, and CVs which I don't do). I don't need rentals. For a moment it looked like they had replaced the ships in port. Luckily turns out they did not.

If people want rentals, good for them. I don't want any.

I wouldn’t really call them Rentals more like Loaners my best guess is its easier to give everyone DD CA BB than go through who has what X ships and what they like to play

myself I will play my own Zao 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
1 hour ago, LEgGOdt said:

These 3 ships are not Rentals but Loaners .. my term ...and they will dissapear once the Clan wars are done ...

however it will take some credits to set them up but I think you can afford it , that’s a lot of credits you have my friend

[OPG]
Supertester
1,903 posts
10,258 battles

Indeed it was a bit weird to see both the loaners and the tech tree ship in the port UI.  I wish they would include a toggle button like they do with ARP content so we can turn the loaners off, if we don't want to see them.  

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,849 posts
4,742 battles

Kinda a slap in the face for people who spent the time (and money) to unlock those ships....but oh wells!

Members
18,242 posts
5,219 battles
6 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Kinda a slap in the face for people who spent the time (and money) to unlock those ships....but oh wells!

Not really. For one, they can't be equipped with camo, and second, you only get 1 choice per type, and it will change twice during the season.

Of the current ones, I'm completely unqualified to play ANY DD in CW. I have a captain on FdG I could use, with GK, but with only 1 BB slot, a better player will play BB. That leaves me with Zao, which I will have to play with a 14 point Myoko captain.

Next round is good, Hindy becomes available, and my Roon captain will be a good fit there, but then the round after that, it's Moskva, and I'll have to use a 12 point Shchors captain with IFHE.

Also, I think it's less of a slap in the face than increasing queue times because fewer players are participating. (although it remains to be seen how many actually use the "rentals")

Basically, if you have a Tier 10, you get to use a ship of your choice, with an appropriate captain, that you have experience with, and you can use it for the entire season.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
36 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Another way to look at it is some of these ship will be Captained by Baby Seals, but I’m sure they’ll learn quick

[RLGN]
Members
8,265 posts
17,288 battles
2 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Trying to find out the point of that mission... Not in a clan, not likely to be in one, and am pretty worthless as a player at high tiers.

Thanks for your post Devil, you helped me understand I basically can ignore these ships if I wind up earning them through that ridiculously simple mission.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typo

Members
18,242 posts
5,219 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Trying to find out the point of that mission... Not in a clan, not likely to be in one, and am pretty worthless as a player at high tiers.

Thanks for your post Devil, you helped me understand I basically can ignore these ships if I wind up earning them through that ridiculously simple mission.

The mission is just an easy way to ensure "renters" meet the minimum requirement of owning a T8 ship.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Ive yet to play in a Clan battle  but I suspect its going to be more into Team play and good learning experience and

no dought it will add a new dynamic to the game  

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,111 posts
12,668 battles

I guess a small percentage of players out there may prefer to have the loaner version available even if they own the regular ship, because the loaner version is considered a Premium, and can take any captain without a transfer cost. Thus, you can build that ship entirely for Clan Battles, and use any captain you want on it, without having to pay to put the captain on a Shima/Zao/GK and then move it back after the season is done.

Still, for people playing competitively, you'd almost certainly want the regular versions over the loaned ones.

• Cool 1