You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Ignore notifications

117 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

This might cut down on topics being closed if posters were notified that they are responding to someone that is ignoring them.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

I fact I bet the normal cadre of trolls that hound my topic conveniently overlook this one. 

[O_O]
Members
4,401 posts
9,529 battles

Why do you have trolls that hound your topics?  Perhaps some introspection is in order?

:cap_hmm:

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
6 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Anybody who thinks to question the OP is a 'troll', so not sure what he expects.

No anyone that questions me gets an answer. If they  don't  like the answer I give them and begin insulting me demanding I quit the forum they become a troll most of the time. That is why my ignore list is about to hit four pages.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

Four pages of ignored people? Really? 

I could never do that. In fact, there's not a single person on my ignore list, since I like being able to see people's posts, respond to them, or help. Even if I have a very big disagreement with someone, arguing it out with them before coming to a (hopeful) conclusion is much more productive to me than simply plonking them onto my ignore list 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
14 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

I could never do that. In fact, there's not a single person on my ignore list, since I like being able to see people's posts, respond to them, or help. Even if I have a very big disagreement with someone, arguing it out with them before coming to a (hopeful) conclusion is much more productive to me than simply plonking them onto my ignore list 

Yup have to agree with you on that RivertheRoyal.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,833 posts
11,533 battles
19 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Yea, I have had some big disagreements with people but never had a reason to put someone on an ignore list. 4 pages is insane. People always tell OP some introspection may be in-order... I can't agree with that more.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I had only one person on my ignore list. I actually removed him from it a while back, so I have nobody on there. 

Like River I have taken a stance to try and help even if the person is a troll. There should be no limits on attempting to help, people come to this forum for that reason a lot you know.

That said, some of the posts are pretty funny too.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
2 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

This might cut down on topics being closed if posters were notified that they are responding to someone that is ignoring them.

Could we possibly start here?

2 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I fact I bet the normal cadre of trolls that hound my topic conveniently overlook this one.

Not if your miserable, useless life future (as a Forum poster) depended on it.

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

Perhaps some introspection is in order?

You mean OP could be ... (no, don't even say it!) ... WRONG!!

59 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Even if I have a very big disagreement with someone, arguing it out with them before coming to a (hopeful) conclusion is much more productive to me than simply plonking them onto my ignore list 

See, this is why you never get invited to troll parties, messing up someone's perfectly good emotional rant with all those silly, cold, hard facts!

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

I take it back they showed up after all. A whole page of ignored posts. Thanks for bumping this.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 minutes ago, joris92 said:

When a troll doesn't understand he is the troll that is trolling people.

Well this is the guy who thinks me and some guy named Jcbaker are alt accounts of LWM. Enough said there I think.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
9 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

I take it back they showed up after all. A whole page of ignored posts. Thanks for bumping this.

So I take it I'm one of those ignored people? 

Rude. I'm pretty sure I've only ever tried to help you. 

Oh well. I'll keep responding with good, solid advice, and take solace in the fact that you won't be able to see it and learn something. 

Your loss.  

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
1 minute ago, RivertheRoyal said:

Oh well. I'll keep responding with good, solid advice, and take solace in the fact that you won't be able to see it and learn something. 

Your loss.  

Again remember this is the guy who went after LWM for no reason and thinks myself and some guy named JCbaker are alts of her.

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Hmm. Well, your loss. You don't get to see my pictures and AHLAs either.

I'll keep trying...though more for the benefit of others rather than you I suppose. Still, I find it amusing that I was put on an ignore list as a "troll". You have a funny definition of troll.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Hmm. Well, your loss. You don't get to see my pictures and AHLAs either.

I'll keep trying...though more for the benefit of others rather than you I suppose. Still, I find it amusing that I was put on an ignore list as a "troll". You have a funny definition of troll.

Agreed, remember what he thinks of me and 'Jcbaker'.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,176 battles
3 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Anyone that has posted since my last post is ignored BTW

laughter.gif

This guy is missing a lot isn't he? Also what was up with that nuked thread from yesterday? I'm curious since I was asleep, I know why it was nuked the title said enough but i'm wondering if anybody recorded it so I can see how quickly it degenerated.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles
3 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Anyone that has posted since my last post is ignored BTW

Yup, thanks for the confirmation, buddy. 

Say, isn't it kinda annoying getting reply notifications and not knowing what the reply is saying? 

I know I'd be annoyed. 

Anyway, if for some reason you do see this, know that I'm normally open to division up in game, and love helping people. Just send the word, and I'll try to make time. This offer isn't just for GreyFox, btw. 

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

They will get it someday, I hope.

Which is why a notification to them would help.

Edited by GreyFox78659