You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cmdr_Ruckus

Ships firing seen from smoke?

10 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
5,568 battles

In the 6.12 update video, I noticed that firing from behind a smokescreen will get you detected by ships on the other side, even if you're not in the smoke. And firing from inside the smoke will get you detected too. So does that mean that a ship outside of the smoke that fires will be detected by a ship inside the smoke? I haven't had a scenario like this occur yet but I want to know if anyone has and what happened. 

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Yup, video and list of changes on the main page. 

Every ship has a det # that everyone should be aware of pertaining to smoke.

The main page should have a list of the det ranges as well 

[LANCE]
Members
306 posts
3,243 battles

A big complaint I see posted on the forums regularly is regarding users not using the forum and even the main website for help or information. OP has come to the forum for the 1st time (Welcome to the forums @Cmdr_Ruckus) to ask a question/for help and instead of giving help, is ridiculed. Perhaps helping is OP!

@Cmdr_Ruckus

If you go to http://worldofwarships.com and look for “Dasha presents update 6.12 and Halloween” the patch notes are listed in that post. I’d post the link but unfortunately on my phone I can’t see the full URL. 

• Cool 1

[D12]
[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,079 posts
8,964 battles

@Bravo4zero  Thank you for pointing out what is going on in the forums.  You should offer the advice and left it at that.  

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
34 minutes ago, Bravo4zero said:

A big complaint I see posted on the forums regularly is regarding users not using the forum and even the main website for help or information. OP has come to the forum for the 1st time (Welcome to the forums @Cmdr_Ruckus) to ask a question/for help and instead of giving help, is ridiculed. Perhaps helping is OP!

Helping has ALWAYS been OP; and you are absolutely correct in that this is no way to treat someone who has come to the Forum for help in his first post. Plus 1!

And @Cmdr_Ruckus, you CAN usually find a lot of info you need on the game using the "search" function which is located in the upper right of every Forum page. Good Luck, Have Fun, and see you in the game. 07!

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,797 posts
15,191 battles
Just now, Nachoo31 said:

You should offer the advice and left it at that.  

Why? (and if you think THIS isn't bait ... )

[SAA-2]
Members
44 posts
11,556 battles
16 hours ago, Cemaphor said:

Read the update notes, please.

How is this in anyway not helpful or lacks politeness? In my mind it was a succinct way to answer the question.