Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Please don't add silly gimped deep water torps

11 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles

Now, honestly, I don't think deep water torps are a good idea anyway, as torps do high alpha damage making them harder to see doesn't sound all that fun. I would have rather seen guidable/remote-controlled torps with really bad turning circles. 

Anyway. Don't add some gimped useless torpedoes into the game that are essentially a torpedo nerf that doesn't hit destroyers but has no reaffirming positive features!!!!!!!!

Really.  Deep water torps should be huge damage, very punishing, hard to see. There's also no reason more modern navies like Korea or Taiwan would even use deep water torpedoes in 1960+ since very few enemy ships would be larger than destroyers! That's why even our cruiser lines are all theoretical past 1945 and/or Tier 8. 

Make those Pan Asian DDs fun to play.  There are people who care. I do. 

If the torpedoes are deep water, make them hurt large ships for real, or be hard to detect.  Or something. Or just put normal torpedoes on the ships. 

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
6,401 posts
12,031 battles

I have to see them before I don't like them, but you can rest assured, that if the players don't like them, they will be here to stay.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[NZS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
370 posts
9,052 battles

Don't know how to feel about them at this time although I think the same effect could be granted to a DD line by making the torpedo detection by LOS really low.  *shrug*  They have been kind of an anomaly to me. :cap_tea:

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
5 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have to see them before I don't like them, but you can rest assured, that if the players don't like them, they will be here to stay.

:Smile_great: :Smile_honoring:

[TASH]
Members
5,016 posts
8,085 battles
5 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Don't add some gimped useless torpedoes into the game that are essentially a torpedo nerf that doesn't hit destroyers but has no reaffirming positive features!!!!!!!!

Conveniently overlooking the fact that the vast majority of the Pan-Asian line are either Russian or USN DDs...with the same guns and often lower detection ranges as well, because reasons.  If you can't kill a non-USN DD in a Pan-Asian one, you deserved to die, because you have the material advantage in rate of fire.

Now, if you're referring to the fact that someone on Reddit found deep-water torpedo data for the Shimakaze's Type 93s (the 20km ones), then I agree.  IJN DDs rely on torpedoes as their primary offensive weapon against essentially all classes, and deep-water torpedoes undermine that severely.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
5 hours ago, BlailBlerg said:

Now, honestly, I don't think deep water torps are a good idea anyway, as torps do high alpha damage making them harder to see doesn't sound all that fun. I would have rather seen guidable/remote-controlled torps with really bad turning circles. 

Anyway. Don't add some gimped useless torpedoes into the game that are essentially a torpedo nerf that doesn't hit destroyers but has no reaffirming positive features!!!!!!!!

Really.  Deep water torps should be huge damage, very punishing, hard to see. There's also no reason more modern navies like Korea or Taiwan would even use deep water torpedoes in 1960+ since very few enemy ships would be larger than destroyers! That's why even our cruiser lines are all theoretical past 1945 and/or Tier 8. 

Make those Pan Asian DDs fun to play.  There are people who care. I do. 

If the torpedoes are deep water, make them hurt large ships for real, or be hard to detect.  Or something. Or just put normal torpedoes on the ships. 

IRL nearly all if not all torp could set their depth.  Even some torpedo planes had the ability to change it while in the air prior to releasing them.  To maximize damage the ideal torp strick passes under the ship and detonates under the keel.  That was particularly true for the torps depicted in the game which don't utilize shaped charges.

As for in game I'm in the wait and see crowd, from what I've seen from matches vs the GZ they are pretty OP right now.

• Cool 1

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,396 battles

Knife fighting in that line is going to be a major pain in the rear. Everything else has torps that can merc you in one or two hits, but they just laugh and sail into them when you launch yours. 

0/10 bad gimmick WG. 

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,396 battles
4 minutes ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

IRL nearly all if not all torp could set their depth.  Even some torpedo planes had the ability to change it while in the air prior to releasing them.  To maximize damage the ideal torp strick passes under the ship and detonates under the keel.  That was particularly true for the torps depicted in the game which don't utilize shaped charges.

As for in game I'm in the wait and see crowd, from what I've seen from matches vs the GZ they are pretty OP right now.

You can't use the GZ as an example, anything with 3 TB squads is going to be OP. Add in the fact that they have the highest alpha of any CV top (and always have, even when they were testing with regular torps), and of course it's going to erase stuff. 

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles
18 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

You can't use the GZ as an example, anything with 3 TB squads is going to be OP. Add in the fact that they have the highest alpha of any CV top (and always have, even when they were testing with regular torps), and of course it's going to erase stuff. 

I specifically talking about the damage each torp does.

Members
616 posts
3,475 battles

WarGimmick is paranoid that the ships won't sell without something special.

I mean, nobody would want to play the British Battleships without short-fuse AP and inertia-fused HE.

[FAE]
Members
2,161 posts
2,635 battles
6 hours ago, Captain_Chaos_NA said:

What I'm saying is that there's not a good reason in 1960 to set the depth as deep water in dangerous combat situations because as we pass 1950, really only DDs remained the premier navy choice, as cruisers and battleships in the traditional sense because obsolete and unseen.  

Sign in to follow this