Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FogSuperBattleshipYamato

6.12 56% WR Battleship Captain Build- Yamato

9 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
1,821 battles

Hi a little self introduction first. I'm Shadows_Unrest, and I have been playing WOWs since the start of Closed Beta and been playing on and off over the years. I have a 54% overall win rate, with 1078 overall WTR, not all that great but I have improved recently, and I have 57% win rate and 1100 WTR for the past 190 days. I have 116 battles in my Yamato, captained by a 19 skill point captain with a 56% win rate, 89600 average damage, 1827 average exp per battle, 1.3KDR, and 40% survival rate.

I'm here to share my captain build with the community in hopes to help out the new players who just got the Yamato, or plan on renting one for clan wars, or better yet, is trying to settle on a perk build for Clan Wars. Whatever it might be, I offer my humble build to those of you who are in need.

Strengths of the Yamato:

~9x 460mm cannons with 3 cannons per turret located in 2 facing forwarding turrets, and 1 rear facing turrets with 1 turret super-firing the other. These launch shells at a speed of 780m/s over 26.6km every 30seconds with a maximum AP damage of 14,800. These can citadel most of the ships you face with ease, save for the German tier X battleship, G. Kurfurst. With a maximum dispersion of 275m, you can still get a couple shells on target despite the range.

~84,300 HP pool, 2nd highest HP pool in the game

~27% Torpedo damage reduction

~200mm-410mm of citadel armor that is placed relatively low in the water and is well angled from the front

Weaknesses

~Tall super structure that can be spammed by HE slinging DDs, CLs and CAs.

~27.2 knots max stock speed. Slow, you won't get anywhere in a hurry. 

~Large size, huge spotting distance at 18km surface.

~Long rudder shift time of 22.1seconds

~poor turret traverse rates with a stock speed of 2.5 degrees per second.

Simple glossing over of basics in the Yamato.

Preplanning, based on your experience of the map and the layout of the team spawn, predict where your team will go, and where you should be so you can offer your support, and not be so invested that you arn't able to relocate should you need to. Communication with your team is vital, as an Yamato, you will be a magnet for HE shells from all over the map, ask nearby destroyers for smokes when you need to get fires or flooding under control. With the new smoke update, you will no longer be able to hide in smokes while firing your guns as you can be detected from 19.3km away even in smoke. Ask for smokes to buy time for your repair party or damage control party to come off cool down, and to move to cover. 

Now, here is my 19 point captain build

Tier 1- Aircraft Servicing Expert: As an Yamato, you will be targeted heavily by enemy CV players, to prevent this, you need your float plane fighter up and running whenever danger decides to swing by and drop off a couple presents. 

~Dog Fighting Expert: Heavy buff to your Float Plane fighter, it will eat enemy torpedo bomber and dive bombers like cake.

~Evasive Manuvers: Ensure that your precious Float Plane Fighter can safely land to arm and refuel as it is vital to your survival.

Tier 2 ~Torpedo Acceleration: Ask a fellow teammate destroyer player to borrow their torpedo launchers and you will be a terror on the battlefield. 

~Smoke Screen Expert: You will need to procure smoke screen generators from your fellow friendly destroyers. You are more important. You need to survive. With this you can safely retreat from danger so you have a chance to repair damages from peashooters. 

~Expert Rear Gunner: Major buff to your Float Plane Fighter, ensuring that it will have .50 cal guns on its rear, allowing it to engage enemy bombers from both directions.

Tier 3 ~Torpedo Armament Expertise Allows you to reload the torpedo tubes that you stole, -borrowed, from your friendly Destroyers.

~Emergency Take off: ENEMY BOMBERS INBOUND! In the middle of rearming and refueling your Float plane? No fear! Your Float Plane will launch into the air and solve all your problems.

Tier 4 ~Air Supremacy. I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was! With this you can ensure your lone float plane fighter can fight off hordes of enemy planes and bring tears to the enemy CV players who just tried to take advantage of your size.

Keep in mind that incoming fire always, always, have the right of way. Good luck and see you out there in the seas, at the bottom of the ocean, rusting peacefully. 

Edited by Shadows_Unrest
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[OO7]
Members
2,092 posts
8,221 battles

Lol nice one. That was funny stuff. Idk if that was sarcasm or serious, but for the lulz have a +1

Sign in to follow this