Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Chobittsu

HEAVY BREATHEING EN FRANÇAIS - Aigle Sighted~<3

7 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,583 posts

*INTENSITY INTENSIFIES* 

untitled_1_by_chobittsu_studios-dbr1e6o.
22549036_1949454002047604_75893873864884
French destroyer Aigle, tier VI.    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aigle-class_destroyer

Hit points - 17 000,
plating - 10-16 mm.
Main battery - 5х1 139 mm.
Firing range - 12.8 km.
HE damage - 1000,
AP damage - 2600.
Reload time 4.8 s.,
180 degree turn time - 18 s.,
maximum dispersion - 111 m.
HE and AP initial velocity - 700 m/s.
Sigma - 2.
Torpedo tubes - 2х3 550 mm,
torpedo range - 7 km,
torpedo speed - 57 kt,
reload time 77 s.,
maximum damage - 18 400.
Maximum speed - 36 kt.
Turning circle radius - 680 m.,
rudder shift time - 4.1 s.
Surface detectability - 7.5 km,
air detectability - 4.3 km.
Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 3.1 km.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
13 minutes ago, DoctorMcDerp said:

Not sure if gunboat or torp boat...

Those are 139mm guns, not your USN or IJN 127's, not even your Russian and Pan-Asian 130's. I'm thinking a firing rate similar to Yubari or Gaede with her 150's (4.8 second reload; not shabby). She's got 7K torps (stock, no info on upgrades) with stock 7.5K detection; which means drop it .75K for CE and another 1.5 for camo and were looking at about 6.6K detection. 7K torps ain't going to make that easy.

She's a gunboat, (look at that sigma of 2) resembling Gaede more than any other DD, I'm thinking.

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Those are 139mm guns, not your USN or IJN 127's, not even your Russian and Pan-Asian 130's. I'm thinking a firing rate similar to Yubari or Gaede with her 150's (4.8 second reload; not shabby). She's got 7K torps (stock, no info on upgrades) with stock 7.5K detection; which means drop it .75K for CE and another 1.5 for camo and were looking at about 6.6K detection. 7K torps ain't going to make that easy.

She's a gunboat, (look at that sigma of 2) resembling Gaede more than any other DD, I'm thinking.

Her AP is significantly better than her HE alpha, which is very German in nature.

But considering she has 18k damage torpedoes with a STOCK reload time of 77s, I have a feeling she can be upfitted to be a very nice torpedo boat if she can dance around the limited concealment range.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

But considering she has 18k damage torpedoes with a STOCK reload time of 77s, I have a feeling she can be upfitted to be a very nice torpedo boat if she can dance around the limited concealment range.

Yeah, you're correct in that those reloads, especially, make her an attractive torpedus platform. German DD's have very usable torps, especially from the tier 5 split onwards; these French DD's could have very similar statistics and capabilities; which would not be surprising as they were probably built to fight each other. The detection range IS tuff, but if she gets any kind of a range upgrade on torpedoes (which is still possible with a prem; look at Sims) she could be a very real contender at tier 6. Thanks for the FYI.

[-K-]
Members
5,308 posts
9,134 battles
19 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Yeah, you're correct in that those reloads, especially, make her an attractive torpedus platform. German DD's have very usable torps, especially from the tier 5 split onwards; these French DD's could have very similar statistics and capabilities; which would not be surprising as they were probably built to fight each other. The detection range IS tuff, but if she gets any kind of a range upgrade on torpedoes (which is still possible with a prem; look at Sims) she could be a very real contender at tier 6. Thanks for the FYI.

Plus, her stats aren't finalized, so she could also receive a slight detection range decrease, which would be nice for stealth firing those torps.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,808 posts
15,336 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Plus, her stats aren't finalized, so she could also receive a slight detection range decrease, which would be nice for stealth firing those torps.

Ya, it would. Regardless, I think she will definitely be competitive!

Sign in to follow this