You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Incendiary_Tanker

Farewell Kutuzov, I'll miss you~

24 comments in this topic

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

Farewell Kutuzov 

As we all know, as of update 0.6.12 Belfast and Mikhail Kutuzov will be removed from the premium store. With nothing better to do, I decide to create a Kancolle Character for our departed Kutuzov. 

Now you're probably wondering why I seem to have a strange obsession over Kutuzov, well its quite a tragic story. Skip this part if you don't to read about. 

Spoiler

A few weeks back was when I fist laid eyes on her, and instantly I wanted her to be mine. Her sleek lines, 12 gun turrets, and well balanced proportions drew me to her like a moth to a light. Now I could have bought her then and there. But I didn't do that. I wanted to actually work for her. Since i'm still 17 I could have asked my parents for a loan at any point, and believe me I was tempted to. But I felt like it would damage the feeling of accomplishment when I finally bought her, so I ignored that temptation. Now if it wasn't for my dad, I probably wouldn't have a job so quickly. So I began saving, working weekends when I was able to. (Still in school kek.) Then I started developing a game, and that drew in quite alot of my funds, and of course, buying food at school didn't really help, not to mention my coke-a-cola addiction. Still I always set aside a bit of money for my dream. 

I came home late that night on the 17th, I had a long weekend so I managed to earn my $80 for Kutuzov. The extra money was for doubloons to buy her all the accessories heh~ Anyways, I read the patch notes but I was to tired to realize that Kutuzov would be leaving tomorrow. I guess annoyance partly blinded me as not only was it late, I had an early class the next day. 

School let me out at 4:00 and I rushed to buy a gift card. (My parents don't trust me with a credit card, insane right?) Anyways as i'm in line to buy my card I scroll through the Premium shop, looking for my beloved ship. 

I didn't see her, I refreshed the page, believing it was a glitch. The page reloads in a few seconds, again I can't see Kutuzov. Heh, at this point I ask my friends on discord if they can see Kutuzov in the premium shop. Thats when I learn that she's been removed. Not want to believe them I check the patch notes. Sure enough, it says: "October 18 patch 0.6.12 goes live." 

I've never felt such  a feeling of disappointment and sadness before....and even now I'm still kinda sad. I started blaming myself for not saving Kutuzov among other crazy things. My dream had quite literally vanished in front of me, and I could have had it if I was just a bit faster.... But sadly there's nothing I can do now. 

The best case scenario is that Kutuzov comes back for Christmas guess I have to be a good boy till then right? ha ha~~ 

This was nothing more then a vent to for my emotions, as much as I which for Wargaming to provide me a link to buy Kutuzov, I must respect their decision to remove her. I shouldn't be a spoiled brat, screaming and crying for her to come back. 

All I can do is wait, and i'm sure that Kutuzov will come back for me. 

40jJxzm.jpg

(Kutuzov waving goodbye before leaving port for the last time.) 

Anyways onto the girl~ 

Since I was rather bored, but not wanting to cry over her anymore, I decided to design a  Kanmusu for Kutuzov. 

Her clothes are based off the uniform worn my the real life Mikhail Kutuzov. This can be seen in with the Epaulette on her shoulders, and the distinctive blue sash worn by the Russian general. As for the rest of her uniform, I drew it more or less, based off the Soviet navy officer uniforms. 

Her belt contains a buckle with a red star and is flanked by two smoke grenades. Although I'm pretty sure they would sink into the water if she used them...

I also drew in the 533mm quintuple torpedo tubes, although there is only one, place along her side. I didn't have a reference when drawing them so it kinda sucks. 

The stars on her collar represent the same ones on the Kutuzov's bow.  

Originally I wanted to draw in some of the same medals earned by the Russian general Kutuzov, but I decided against it.  

Perhaps we should pick out a nick name for her. You guys have any ideas? 

So what do you guys think? If you guys want to ask me any questions I'll do my best to answer them. 

(I ran out of things to say kappa. Forgive me if my grammar is trash, English is not my native language, but i'm trying me best to improve. :3)

• Cool 3

[TBW]
Members
6,419 posts
12,065 battles

Mine is in a comfortable Berth in my port and the only place she is sailing is into battle.

[HYDRA]
Members
500 posts
2,513 battles

I never had a Kutuzov, and I guess I never will now, which is pretty sad.

Wonderful art though!

[FDK]
Members
1,078 posts
6,175 battles
6 hours ago, Fan_for_SebVettel said:

If WG didn't nerf smoke? This funeral shall not be happen

Still would happen anyway.

Edited by Xwing_Red1

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
15 hours ago, ObiwankzKenobi said:

SC, bruh SC

Try that for a chance !!!!!

I doubt I get her in a SC, I've never had any luck with the kek, and when I do all I get are a handful of signal flags are camos. Perhaps I'll see her on Christmas~ 

15 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Mine is in a comfortable Berth in my port and the only place she is sailing is into battle.

You tease >~< 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,828 posts
9,951 battles
1 minute ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Perhaps I'll see her on Christmas

got a murmanks in a SC, and then after THAT, after THAT, I got 3 consumables from 1 SC, 2 SC from the Yamato Campaign, then I withdrawal to the Dark Side, still recovering from it though

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
Just now, ObiwankzKenobi said:

got a murmanks in a SC, and then after THAT, after THAT, I got 3 consumables from 1 SC, 2 SC from the Yamato Campaign, then I withdrawal to the Dark Side, still recovering from it though

I think I need the power of the dark side for Kutuzov kek~ 

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
16 hours ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

I've never felt such  a feeling of disappointment and sadness before....and even now I'm still kinda sad

Its just a pixel ship my man, turn that frown upside down.  You are young with not many responsibilities get out there and enjoy life.  Find yourself a real girl to draw to put a smile back on your face. :)

Edited by knice_destroyer

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
3 minutes ago, knice_destroyer said:

engery back into my sudesIts just a pixel ship my man, turn that frown upside down.  You are young with not many responsibilities get out there and enjoy life.  Find yourself a real girl to draw to put a smile back on your face. :)

Well I've been beaten down by life as of late, rather hard as well. Guess losing Kutuzov was the last nail kek. Still I've at least managed to redirect that energy back into my studies. I'm still hopeful that she'll come back one day. And when she does, I'll be there. 

In other memes, (news, words you know.) I'm thinking of drawing Belfast. Think I should go for it? 

[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
1 hour ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Well I've been beaten down by life as of late, rather hard as well. Guess losing Kutuzov was the last nail kek. Still I've at least managed to redirect that energy back into my studies. I'm still hopeful that she'll come back one day. And when she does, I'll be there. 

In other memes, (news, words you know.) I'm thinking of drawing Belfast. Think I should go for it? 

I have gone through two closed head injuries in my life, I know all to well about being beat down by life..  You have to remember there are others who have been through worse than you have.  As far as drawing the Belfast, GO FOR IT, you obviously have a talent, so use it, furthermore do what makes you happy friend.

• Cool 1

[FLS]
Members
147 posts

You can't buy it if you don't have it already, so now the only recourse is standard supercontainers or the Santa crates if those are done again this year and if it is on their loot table.

I think the retired list is now:

• Gremyaschchy
  • Imperator Nikolai I
  • Kamikaze/Fujin (notice that Fujin isn't being sold this Halloween).
  • Konig Albert
  • Belfast
  • Kutuzov

[SOV]
Members
382 posts
6,458 battles
11 hours ago, Incendiary_Tanker said:

You lucky bugger~ All I get are flags!

its been like that for an entire year on me aswell. Yeah. And then BAM.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,577 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 10:15 PM, Incendiary_Tanker said:

Farewell Kutuzov 

As we all know, as of update 0.6.12 Belfast and Mikhail Kutuzov will be removed from the premium store. With nothing better to do, I decide to create a Kancolle Character for our departed Kutuzov. 

Now you're probably wondering why I seem to have a strange obsession over Kutuzov, well its quite a tragic story. Skip this part if you don't to read about. 

Hide contents

A few weeks back was when I fist laid eyes on her, and instantly I wanted her to be mine. Her sleek lines, 12 gun turrets, and well balanced proportions drew me to her like a moth to a light. Now I could have bought her then and there. But I didn't do that. I wanted to actually work for her. Since i'm still 17 I could have asked my parents for a loan at any point, and believe me I was tempted to. But I felt like it would damage the feeling of accomplishment when I finally bought her, so I ignored that temptation. Now if it wasn't for my dad, I probably wouldn't have a job so quickly. So I began saving, working weekends when I was able to. (Still in school kek.) Then I started developing a game, and that drew in quite alot of my funds, and of course, buying food at school didn't really help, not to mention my coke-a-cola addiction. Still I always set aside a bit of money for my dream. 

I came home late that night on the 17th, I had a long weekend so I managed to earn my $80 for Kutuzov. The extra money was for doubloons to buy her all the accessories heh~ Anyways, I read the patch notes but I was to tired to realize that Kutuzov would be leaving tomorrow. I guess annoyance partly blinded me as not only was it late, I had an early class the next day. 

School let me out at 4:00 and I rushed to buy a gift card. (My parents don't trust me with a credit card, insane right?) Anyways as i'm in line to buy my card I scroll through the Premium shop, looking for my beloved ship. 

I didn't see her, I refreshed the page, believing it was a glitch. The page reloads in a few seconds, again I can't see Kutuzov. Heh, at this point I ask my friends on discord if they can see Kutuzov in the premium shop. Thats when I learn that she's been removed. Not want to believe them I check the patch notes. Sure enough, it says: "October 18 patch 0.6.12 goes live." 

I've never felt such  a feeling of disappointment and sadness before....and even now I'm still kinda sad. I started blaming myself for not saving Kutuzov among other crazy things. My dream had quite literally vanished in front of me, and I could have had it if I was just a bit faster.... But sadly there's nothing I can do now. 

The best case scenario is that Kutuzov comes back for Christmas guess I have to be a good boy till then right? ha ha~~ 

This was nothing more then a vent to for my emotions, as much as I which for Wargaming to provide me a link to buy Kutuzov, I must respect their decision to remove her. I shouldn't be a spoiled brat, screaming and crying for her to come back. 

All I can do is wait, and i'm sure that Kutuzov will come back for me. 

40jJxzm.jpg

(Kutuzov waving goodbye before leaving port for the last time.) 

Anyways onto the girl~ 

Since I was rather bored, but not wanting to cry over her anymore, I decided to design a  Kanmusu for Kutuzov. 

Her clothes are based off the uniform worn my the real life Mikhail Kutuzov. This can be seen in with the Epaulette on her shoulders, and the distinctive blue sash worn by the Russian general. As for the rest of her uniform, I drew it more or less, based off the Soviet navy officer uniforms. 

Her belt contains a buckle with a red star and is flanked by two smoke grenades. Although I'm pretty sure they would sink into the water if she used them...

I also drew in the 533mm quintuple torpedo tubes, although there is only one, place along her side. I didn't have a reference when drawing them so it kinda sucks. 

The stars on her collar represent the same ones on the Kutuzov's bow.  

Originally I wanted to draw in some of the same medals earned by the Russian general Kutuzov, but I decided against it.  

Perhaps we should pick out a nick name for her. You guys have any ideas? 

So what do you guys think? If you guys want to ask me any questions I'll do my best to answer them. 

(I ran out of things to say kappa. Forgive me if my grammar is trash, English is not my native language, but i'm trying me best to improve. :3)

Incendiary .. file a ticket with Wows ..copy and paste your response here and theres a good chance that they will sell you the Kutuzof.. nothing here is cast in stone

nice to see a great attitude like yours, I very much enjoy my Kutuzof and im sure you will to

goodluck!

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles
On 10/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, Noacuracy said:

its been like that for an entire year on me aswell. Yeah. And then BAM.

nfnutIM.jpg 

Managed to get two SC's back to back. All I got were 10 signal flags, five in each. Dess~ :3 

Moar Kutuzov memes~ 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:12 AM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Incendiary .. file a ticket with Wows ..copy and paste your response here and theres a good chance that they will sell you the Kutuzof.. nothing here is cast in stone

nice to see a great attitude like yours, I very much enjoy my Kutuzof and im sure you will to

goodluck!

Thanks for the suggestion comrade, but I've already done that. No luck sadly. Still I have to respect their decision. Wargaming removed Kutuzov to help advance the development of the game, I shouldn't stand in the way of that because I want a premium ship. Sure, it was kinda unfair, considering I was just an hour too slow due to school and other things. Progress comes with sacrifice and if World Of Warships can become a better game, as much as it pains me, I'm alright with with the fact that I can never play with her. Sure it sucks for me... but as long as the game progress and it results in happy players I'll be alright~ 

• Cool 1

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

Winter's here! At least in Canada... 

Moving on, another quick sketch from our favorite Sverdlov class light cruiser~ Winter was my insperation this time around.

peQZoWy.jpg

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

Comrades! I have exciting news! As of today I have purchased a drawing tablet~ Expect to see our beloved Sverdlov light cruiser to be in color in the near future!! 

Members
1,344 posts
1,343 battles

A quick Kutuzov meme~ 

Vn65Hxs.jpg

Also my obsession over her has resulted in nightmares :3

I can't believe I read 5400 yen as 1400 yen.... Rip Paint SAI 

[-TAB-]
Members
1,611 posts
5,188 battles
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

goodluck!

uh, over 9 months ago I came back from a couple battles and found a special offer in port to buy an Atlanta at a reduced price. there was 1 min 37 seconds or so on the offer. I did not have enuff doubloons so I tried to purchase them via paypal (before streamlined link) and missed it by a couple seconds. wrote several times to support, and their response is always something along the lines of "we're sorry you missed the special offer, we are unable to respond to the requests of those ....... blah blah blah" translates to 'you [edited] up.' 

"there will be another offer soon that will work for you! enjoy the game." 9 months is enuff time to give birth, I still don't have an Atlanta.

so i'm grinding the russkie line, and discovered the Kutuzov has paper armor, and a fairly slow reload. you're better off with the shh chores.or chappy.