Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Stationary_Target

Load in time

3 comments in this topic

Members
28 posts
9,118 battles

Ok, let me lay down some background. I've been playing since open beta and I'll admit I have a pretty crappy comp. I would usually load in to the match 15-30 sec after it started. Finally broke down and picked up a 120Gb SSD and moved WoWS to it, awesome decision and I now load in 10-20 sec before the battle starts. I decided to reinstall windows on the SSD, so I moved WoWS back to the original SATA drive and did a re-partition  of the SSD. In my haste to get back to gaming I never moved WoWS back to the SSD, however, I'm still loading in 10-20 sec before the battle starts. Does anyone know how this is possible? Also, when I moved the game back to the original drive I never changed the desktop shortcut but it still works. Not a deal breaker, but it has left me scratching my head.

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

IMHO the SSD loads the game faster but that does not mean it loads into the server game quicker.  Did the drive letter change when you switched the folder over?  As long as the drive letter did not change and path was the same the shortcut will work fine.

Sign in to follow this