You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
theoriginalflanksta

Manual fire secondary

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,217 battles
24 minutes ago, theoriginalflanksta said:

Ok dumb question. How do you fire 2ndry guns when u have the manual control for secondary armaments picked?

You have to designate a target by pressing ctrl and clicking on the guy you want them to shoot at. They will ONLY shoot at that target. If you designate a guy and he sails out of range, and you want to shoot a different one, you have to remember to designate the new target. 

Manual AA works the same way. You should always designate an AA target, even without Manual AA since it makes the AA focus on the designated target and kills planes in that group faster.

[HINON]
Members
9,037 posts
29 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

You have to designate a target by pressing ctrl and clicking on the guy you want them to shoot at. They will ONLY shoot at that target. If you designate a guy and he sails out of range, and you want to shoot a different one, you have to remember to designate the new target. 

Manual AA works the same way. You should always designate an AA target, even without Manual AA since it makes the AA focus on the designated target and kills planes in that group faster.

Mostly correct, although manual AA will fire without a designated target just without giving the bonus damage. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,150 posts
14,555 battles

Another crucial detail with Manual Secondaries is that the secondaries will only fire at that target you designated and NOTHING ELSE.

For example:  You designate a BB to your port side.  Your port side secondaries fire off at that BB.  But a DD suddenly appears on your starboard side at 5.7km and is closing in to torpedo you, knowing your manual secondaries are focused on another target.  Your secondaries on the starboard side where that DD is at will not fire at it, not unless you make it the new manual secondaries designated target.

• Cool 1

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

So how do you undesignate secondaries or AA?  If the designated is out of range, would they not simply go back to a normal secondary/AA defensive fire functionality?

4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Another crucial detail with Manual Secondaries is that the secondaries will only fire at that target you designated and NOTHING ELSE.

For example:  You designate a BB to your port side.  Your port side secondaries fire off at that BB.  But a DD suddenly appears on your starboard side at 5.7km and is closing in to torpedo you, knowing your manual secondaries are focused on another target.  Your secondaries on the starboard side where that DD is at will not fire at it, not unless you make it the new manual secondaries designated target.

This makes complete sense, and should be a reminder of being aware of what is happening around us.  Well stated, HazeGrayUnderway.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
15 hours ago, theoriginalflanksta said:

Ok dumb question. How do you fire 2ndry guns when u have the manual control for secondary armaments picked?

Press down and hold Ctrl ... your curser pops up .. place curser on the plane or ship and press the fire button it will then show as highlited the manuals will track the ship automatically through out the game

to change it just do the same on another target and it will switch when the target gets within range it automatically fires

you have to autos one for planes one for ships ... gotta like em

[B_O_W]
Members
247 posts
5,481 battles

I assume that if your focus for AA or secondaries is out of range, they will shift back to normal (not focused on that specific target).  Please confirm or correct me.  I prefer not to assume (and we all know the definition of assume, I assume)

Members
842 posts
On 10/30/2017 at 0:46 PM, Texas_Vet said:

I assume that if your focus for AA or secondaries is out of range, they will shift back to normal (not focused on that specific target).  Please confirm or correct me.  I prefer not to assume (and we all know the definition of assume, I assume)

Secondaries will NEVER fire at anything you haven't manually designated. No matter what. So if your target moves out of range, your 2ndaries shut off and won't open fire again on anything until the designated ship moves back into range.  I *believe* that if your designated target goes undetected, your 2ndaries will lose lock and won't reopen fire on that ship again unless you re-lock them.

Also, for AA, the same thing is true for your heavy AA guns - they only ever fire on designated targets, never in a "general" mode.  This might get confusing, because the medium and light AA always works in the "shoot everything in range" mode.