You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
USSRichardNixon

Belfast>Kutuzov>Perth?

24 comments in this topic

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles

Why not keep all three? Cause after all they are all premiums. Its up to you, thats just my two sense.

[INTEL]
Members
6,665 posts
25,791 battles

Why? I am keeping all three. Makes no sense to sell.

Members
1,936 posts
2 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Why? I am keeping all three. Makes no sense to sell.

Maybe you already have 17~19pt Cpts in Moskva and Khaba and want to drop that 10k dubs on Tirpitz or Atago or whatever. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,285 posts
17,328 battles

Micky K you keep because laser beams.

Perth you keep because crawling smoke; especially if you have the smoke module.

Belfast... Belfast... Maybe if I think about it long enough I'll actually come up with a reason it's worth keeping... Many players say it's great; but I guess I just suck so much at it it's hard to like....

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
typos
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,181 battles
26 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Micky K you keep because laser beams.

Perth you keep because crawling smoke; especially if you have the smoke module.

Belfast... Belfast... Maybe if I think about it long enogh I actually come up with a reason it's worth keeping... Many players say it's great; but I guess I just suck so much at it it's hard to like....

I know when you sail Belfast. There's this sound like someone is drinking in the dregs of a drink with a straw!

Keep all three! I bought MK just last night for reasons (like laser beams...)

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles

I have all three, 19 point captains in all three, all three staying in my port.

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles
2 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

No longer sold. 

On the pay back?  How much for buyin it back?

[W-P-E]
Members
467 posts
1 hour ago, Khafni said:

I know when you sail Belfast. There's this sound like someone is drinking in the dregs of a drink with a straw!

Keep all three! I bought MK just last night for reasons (like laser beams...)

I bought MK last night too. But I don't like it. It has only three smoke charges. Easy to kill when spotted. It is not nearly as OP as belfast. 

[FOXEH]
Members
3,363 posts
12,181 battles
8 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

I bought MK last night too. But I don't like it. It has only three smoke charges. Easy to kill when spotted. It is not nearly as OP as belfast. 

You have to treat it as a support cruiser. In my first Random match I got too far forward, popped some smoke, had two BB crowd me in the cloud and was detected by a Fletcher sailing within the new smoke detection range of 7km. One BB and I fell to the red team. I netted a meager 45k damage and no kills.

My second match was much different. I stayed at greater range - second line with the BB and was able to hand out 129k damage with 2 kills. 

She can't be played like Belfast or Perth (both which will likely need a play style change by me to remain effective). You must stay back in MK.

Edited by Khafni

Beta Testers
1,057 posts
13,841 battles
11 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

I have all three, 19 point captains in all three, all three staying in my port.

People use dedicated captains in premium boats?

• Cool 1

[HSD]
Members
294 posts
9,563 battles
35 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

For the Belfast if you want the best performance the ship requires a dedicated captain because it has HE, and none of the RN tech cruisers have HE. The Belfast also doesn't have a playstyle that supports a RN BB captain build either in my opinion. Of course you can use the Belfast as a captain trainer, it just means you won't be taking IFHE (and DE if you desire), those skills help Belfast but not any RN tech cruiser, so not the most optimal setup.

For the Perth, well the captain is a dedicated captain because you literally cannot put him in another ship.

MK is the only one that can be used as a seamless captain trainer IMO.

Edited by Meatshield_No13

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,148 battles
12 hours ago, USSRichardNixon said:

Plays just like the chappy, except you get smoke, useable torps and trollish range, whats not to love. I do agree, tier for tier, belfast is far more OP, especially considering MM.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,190 posts
11,707 battles
10 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

I've got more captains than I know what to so with, so yeah.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,732 posts
7,572 battles
11 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

Yea , 19 point Captains in all but I move em around when a new teck tree ship needs one for a bit , might as well make them as best as they can be

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,163 battles
12 hours ago, SgtSpud said:

I'll be honest, this is a bit of a stupid question. Yes people use dedicated captains because sometimes people just want to use that ship. I personally have a dedicated captain in my texas for example because I have her AA specced meanwhile my other USN BB captains besides my monty is specced differently. (and monty captain goes into mighty mo)

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,112 posts
11,967 battles

Don't know about the Perth but I wouldn't sell Kutuzov or Belfast.  On the one hand it is a smart move for WG to offer to buy-back these ships since many purchased them with expectation of full concealment when firing from smoke, and there would be the gnashing of teeth about bait and switch (tho technically they still have your money).   On the other had it is (also...LOL) a smart move to offer the buy-back because I think they will still be fairly strong ships and this is a great way for WG to reduce the population of high ROF fire-starting IFHE pen menaces.

Edited by BarbedWireRat

Beta Testers
1,057 posts
13,841 battles
12 hours ago, Raptor_alcor said:

I'll be honest, this is a bit of a stupid question. Yes people use dedicated captains because sometimes people just want to use that ship. I personally have a dedicated captain in my texas for example because I have her AA specced meanwhile my other USN BB captains besides my monty is specced differently. (and monty captain goes into mighty mo)

LOL my statement was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek.....not a stupid question, however I am glad you derived at least some entertainment from it. I own somewhere between 30 and 40 premium ships with no dedicated captains except Perth of course. They are all used for training and farming free XP and captain XP. I do have a couple of captains that are specd differently...for example 2 captains used in the same tech tree boat but with different specs. You mentioned MO, I love my mo she is captained by Mr. Segal who is dedicated to the NC and also drives my Ark Beta.

Oops, forgot about Duca and now Caesar.....I just can't keep up!

Beta Testers
173 posts
5,879 battles

MK is one of the better, if not the best, and most versatile cruisers in the game even when up-tiered. You can do so much with its toolkit - it isn't just a long range sniper and even without smoke it is excellent and earns a lot of credits.