You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Zath

GG, Clan battles!

24 comments in this topic

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,732 posts
15,377 battles

Now that the start issue was resolved, let's adjust the purpose of this thread.  How'd last night go?

I gotta say last night was some of the most fun I've EVER had in World of Warships.  It was Ranked but with people I knew and could communicate with.  People had each others' backs.  People were suggesting tactics and identifying strengths and weaknesses.  It was glorious!

Spoiler

Last night's pic:

DvngKMG.png

Edited by Lord_Zath

[BIAS]
Members
190 posts
14,785 battles

You're not the only one having this problem. Has anyone actually managed to enter a clan battle yet?

Members
9,979 posts
3 minutes ago, AbrudolfLincler said:

I know a few who are in battle but my clan [HOTEL] is unable to queue.

I've seen no one claim they've actually gotten in yet.

[HYDRA]
[HYDRA]
Members
63 posts
2,847 battles

I've heard that matchmaking is down for Clan Battles, Randoms, and even the Operations.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts

Expect a few burbs, initially... now if a week goes by and still having an issue, eyah... tht'd be a problem. 

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,763 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Expect a few burbs, initially...

Unacceptable for something as highly anticipated as Clan Battles.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,282 posts
6 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

Unacceptable for something as highly anticipated as Clan Battles.

Well I can see that side of it, for sure. But give them at least 24 hours before the torches come out. :fish_cute_2:

After all - maybe someone spilled a soft drink on some hardware somewhere... or something totally unrelated... 

Edited by Herr_Reitz

[-K-]
4,732 posts
15,377 battles

w00t!!!!

[-K-]
4,732 posts
15,377 battles

Now that the start issue was resolved, let's adjust the purpose of this thread.  How'd last night go?

I gotta say last night was some of the most fun I've EVER had in World of Warships.  It was Ranked but with people I knew and could communicate with.  People had each others' backs.  People were suggesting tactics and identifying strengths and weaknesses.  It was glorious!

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

Our clan had a lot of fun.  Considering that we jumped in with no preparation we adjusted quickly and played better every match and growth with a team always feels good.

Our first match was a complete failure and it was just what my guys needed as a reality check though.  We would lose one other match that night on the map with the double cap but I think the next time we see it we will do much better.  A least with last nights roster I think our guys learned about staying on script and effective comms.  Being social clan with only a few competitive members we struggle to setup an ideal ship line up.  We all have 10's just not everyone has the right 10's for clan battles right now.

I do have some concerns though.  Right now I would only feel comfortable with maybe 12 of my guys representing the clan in clan battles.  At the moment that isn't causing any drama but I could see how it could down the road.  Do to the scoring you can't just let anyone have a go at it without the whole clan suffering consequences.  It would be nice if we could let those guys scrimmage without modding or manually setting up the train rooms.  So I guess my wish would be to have the training room enabled by default with the clan scenario included.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,541 posts
7,555 battles

Our clan had a blast.. After some shuffling around of commander titles, waiting for enough folks, and setting up the rental ships, we finally got in 5 battles, and had a great time.. Fun was had by all, win or lose.

The player rewards were great, and we earned a decent amount of clan oil.

Well done, WG. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

[-K-]
4,732 posts
15,377 battles

Glad to hear others are also having positive experiences!

[NG-NL]
Members
5,028 posts
8,264 battles

I'll have to see if my fellow clanmates will accept my Zao or Hindenburg, and a new challenge like this interests me.

[SF-3]
Members
1,536 posts
8,138 battles

Yeah it was a blast, nervous as hell though. I only played 2 games in my rent-a-zao, actually had a lot of those in my 2 games, won both. I did ok first game and potatoed hard 2nd game, had to be carried for the win. Felt good to be a part of the team / clan, even though I was much less skilled than the other members.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,640 posts
13,617 battles

Well I only got to play a couple battles last night but I must say it was a lot of fun and was looking forward to it for a while so thanks WG:Smile_great:

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,870 posts
1,338 battles

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.  It's not my cup of tea, but that doesn't stop me from cheering on those who did like it.