You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GreyFox78659

Idea for cruiser in making it a true support class

20 comments in this topic

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Simply after tier 5 give them a repair and heal other ship consumable. Cruisers post battle tended to aid other ships with temporary repairs and towing this would simulate that. It should easily be canceled from attacking or receiving damage. Also it would give carriers a mission make sure that cruisers don’t sneak away and heal the ships in the back lines by harassing them with planes.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,247 posts
3,106 battles
11 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

They do get one after tier 9...

Ah, no. GreyFox is suggesting that cruisers after T5 a healing "aura", as it were. They would be able to heal ships around them, or maybe just target a single ship to be healed. 

I like the idea, but don't think it's part of WG's plan for the game. It's just a little too arcady, no?  

Edited by RivertheRoyal

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,192 battles
1 hour ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Simply after tier 5 give them a repair and heal other ship consumable. Cruisers post battle tended to aid other ships with temporary repairs and towing this would simulate that. It should easily be canceled from attacking or receiving damage. Also it would give carriers a mission make sure that cruisers don’t sneak away and heal the ships in the back lines by harassing them with planes.

The fake forum fox is doing it again.

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,195 posts
11,707 battles

The last thing we need is cruisers being yelled at for not following BBs around and being their heal [edited].

[LOU1]
Members
3,088 posts
8,164 battles

Oops, missed that detail.  He wants the consumable from the Transylvania missions.  The Magnu-S Repair Zone and Energy Shield.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
11 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

The last thing we need is cruisers being yelled at for not following BBs around and being their heal [edited].

Wouldn't work as any attack or damage would cancel the healing this would help Destroyers more as when they retreat from a contested cap they can refresh and try again.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,113 posts
8,680 battles
12 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Not a bad idea, I can see issues with it. I thought there should be something like this for fighting fires for Allied ships pull along side and hose them down when they are on fire.

See in the RL Navy so I know it can be done.

1,542 posts
26 battles
On 19/10/2017 at 1:10 AM, GreyFox78659 said:

Liking the idea @GreyFox78659! Will pass it along to our team!

Beta Testers
1,493 posts
9,009 battles
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:10 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

Cruisers post battle tended to aid other ships 

I just replied to something similar in another thread where the suggestion was that ships could get a new consumable that would put out firers on other ships.  I will say the same thing here that I said there.  While I like the idea of being able to help teammates, we already stretch the limits of believability by being able to instantly put out our own fires or repair damage (i.e., hit points) on ships that are not only not in port but both under way and still in battle.

It is true that after a battle ships could assist other ships by helping put out fires, do repairs, etc., the key here is that it was after the fighting was over for the time being, not in the middle of an active battle.  Not only that, both ships would be stationary, not underway, in order to do this, which is a really bad idea to be doing in an active engagement.

Yes, this is an arcade style game, not a simulator, so some concessions have to be made for game play.  Still, this is supposed to be about Naval combat, and while it is not a simulator, it is supposed to have at least a tenuous grasp on reality.  This kind of thing crosses a line in my mind from a concession for playability purposes into MMORPG magic healing.  I don't think that is good for the game.

Beta Testers
1,493 posts
9,009 battles
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, Chaos_EN2 said:

Not a bad idea, I can see issues with it. I thought there should be something like this for fighting fires for Allied ships pull along side and hose them down when they are on fire.

See in the RL Navy so I know it can be done.

As I mentioned, yes, ships can aid other ships in putting out fires, helping with repairs, and so on.  However, to do it, both ships came to a complete stop or, at best, a very, very slow crawl (you are not going to hit a ship with water from firehoses if the ships are moving at any kind of speed at all).  As such, this kind of activity was always after the fighting was over (whether the battle as a whole or between engagements in a protracted battle) while both sides were licking their wounds.  It was not done while the fighting was still going on and either ship could be hit.

As I said, this just gets too much into MMORPG fantasy/magic healing, and I don't think it is necessary.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

To be honest this already exist in one of the missions. Not just the Halloween one their is a mission with NPC repair ships that stay in the back.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,874 posts
7,205 battles
On 19/10/2017 at 2:53 AM, RivertheRoyal said:

Ah, no. GreyFox is suggesting that cruisers after T5 a healing "aura", as it were. They would be able to heal ships around them, or maybe just target a single ship to be healed. 

I like the idea, but don't think it's part of WG's plan for the game. It's just a little too arcady, no?  

It may sound silly, maybe it is silly.. but is it any sillier than the AA aura? Healing auras already exist in Operations, with the repair ships.

Although there are probably more problems than benefits in introducing them to random battles.

On 19/10/2017 at 3:11 AM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

There can be more than one/ And why not? There are many forum cats, we are legion, and we never agree on anything (forum cat motto^^), and we are assuredly all fakes/

Greyfox's views are far less troublesome (for my taste) than those of that other well known vulpine forumite.

Spoiler

in fact, I'll give him an upvote on this one occasion

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

AA would count as an attack and cancel healing which means even if a carrier has lost all of it bombers and the other carrier is dead it has something to do.

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
On 10/19/2017 at 9:11 AM, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

nothing_to_see_here_naked_gun.gif

That's a bit out of hand, he has a fairly reasonable idea, no need to auto post this, it might make him think that his accusations of trolling are justified.

Greyfox, this is an idea that actually makes sense, I like it, take a +1. But how powerful of a healing aura though?

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

The main point I want to make is that this would encourage risk because now if it goes bad you have a real chance to regroup and try again instead of the game being largely over. Destroyers especially would last a lot longer and wouldn't be over just because a higher tier Destroyer went for the same cap. Also down tier cruiser would no longer be cannon fodder 

[RKN]
Members
1,634 posts
3,364 battles
1 minute ago, GreyFox78659 said:

The main point I want to make is that this would encourage risk because now if it goes bad you have a real chance to regroup and try again instead of the game being largely over. Destroyers especially would last a lot longer and wouldn't be over just because a higher tier Destroyer went for the same cap. Also down tier cruiser would no longer be cannon fodder 

I just said it was fair and reasonable, but at what tier exactly would this consumable be available?

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles

Also should be put in the same slot as radar, acoustic, and Smoke. 

So you are forced to choose hunt enemy Destroyers or ships or help fellow Destroyers and ships.

Edited by GreyFox78659

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,796 battles
19 minutes ago, megadeux said:

I just said it was fair and reasonable, but at what tier exactly would this consumable be available?

What ever tier acoustic starts at I think 5