Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
arrrgh

Sigh, WG, why did you do that to the function keys

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
308 posts

Thanks for making this crap way more of hassle.

Why did you reset and force bind the function keys in warships.   What the hell is the point of doing that.  Why can't you JUST LET PLAYERS BIND THEIR OWN KEYS

So, I currently use f2 to push to talk in teamspeak.   I have done this for YEARS, across other WG titles.  No problem in any other title.  Now, post patch,    I am playing a game, and talking with friends in ts.  10 min later, I realize that I have been spamming 'negative' the whole game, and causing people to rage.   Really WG, come on what the hell.

While on that note.
In the past, It used to be that the only terrible binding choice, was making F1 forced to be 'help'.   COME ON, like, after 10,000 battles I still need the 'f1' screen?    F1 could be a perfectly useful in game key, you know, that I could use to PLAY THE GAME.  Tanks has the same [edited] locked F1 function.

Now, WG has decided to apply that to EVERY function key.  GAHHHHH

You might ask, why did I start using the f2 key years ago,  its because WG would not let me use f1 in tanks, because, 'reasons'.

[WFR]
Members
433 posts

true. a touch shortsighted to not allow fkeybinding, buuuut, could be some backend stuff that has to be sorted out first.

but thats their nightmare. i have my own already lol.

Alpha Tester
308 posts

Can't see what the backend would be.   That is all client side.   Plus, they changed it this patch.  I was perfectly fine before this patch, at least for the other f keys besides the useless 'help' f1.

Alpha Tester
308 posts

Let me also point out that having different hotkeys than world of tanks is BEYOND RETARDED.

Ohh look, f7 is 'help me' in tanks.   Let make sure its something completely different in ships.   Then, of course, lock the bindings. Gahhh

While we are at it, lets have different in game chat controls too......

[PVE]
Members
5,658 posts
18,248 battles

In 1992 I started playing my first online MUD. One of the first things you learned back then was to set your own commands for the function keys... 25 years ago you could do this with no problem...... Maybe things are just different in Russia..

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,902 battles

You can rebind the F keys can't you? When WG switched whatever F4 was previously to something I don't use, I changed it back. You can rebind the negative command to something else & F2 should just be empty at that point.

Alpha Tester
308 posts
19 hours ago, GoldPile said:

You can rebind the F keys can't you? When WG switched whatever F4 was previously to something I don't use, I changed it back. You can rebind the negative command to something else & F2 should just be empty at that point.

You would think so, but no.  They are locked, and can't be changed, rebound, etc. 

Wow, okay, so, almost EVERY key is locked. They appear to have basically disabled rebinding for almost every command.  Not just the Function keys.

Sign in to follow this