Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

I'd like to play SOME time today...

8 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,241 posts

Good Gravy- is this an update, or are we reinstalling the entire game???

MAN this is taking a long time! 

Not to mention chewing through my data plan like a pack of hungry teenagers.

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles

It is about 2 gigs....  Unpacked over 25 gigs.  My guess is that your stream is slow - try stopping the download and restart.  Probably a lot of folks downloading right now as well that does not help.

[INTEL]
Members
793 posts
8,257 battles

I count 3 gigs so far. 2198mb (close enough) for the first part, 840mb for the second part. I'm a bit over halfway through the second and have been D/Ling for OVER 3 HOURS. This isn't my connection either as I'm currently connected to a commercial system and its running everything else perfectly. I can even stream video and has zip effect on D/L speed.

[RLGN]
Members
8,243 posts
17,255 battles

It's some combination of your system and the IP. My desktop is slow as dirt, my laptop somewhat faster; that being said; it is a big update...

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

I left my house with it and the new South Park game downloading.

No clue how fast it went, but hearing all of this, I'm glad I wasn't watching.

Edited by Wulfgarn

Members
3,468 posts
6,165 battles
14 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

I count 3 gigs so far. 2198mb (close enough) for the first part, 840mb for the second part. I'm a bit over halfway through the second and have been D/Ling for OVER 3 HOURS. This isn't my connection either as I'm currently connected to a commercial system and its running everything else perfectly. I can even stream video and has zip effect on D/L speed.

While downloading you should be able to see the speed it is downloading.  Remember - you are sharing the bandwidth from the server - which I also believe hosts games - with everyone downloading.  This is why I suggested stopping the download then resuming.  When I first started downloading this morning it was less than  5 meg - paused then resumed got a much faster thread.

Members
638 posts
7,037 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Good Gravy- is this an update, or are we reinstalling the entire game???

MAN this is taking a long time! 

Not to mention chewing through my data plan like a pack of hungry teenagers.

Horny teenagers. Horny teenagers chew through data plans. Hungry teenagers chewing kitchens. :)

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
6,240 posts
8,874 battles

It didn't seem to take all that long for me. I turned on the computer and it started updating. I went and browsed the forums for awhile and it finished. I had a crash though so I used the game checker to re-download the files. All in all it probably wasn't much more than an hour total, and I'm on an 8 Mbps ASDL connection.

I think that if you are having a very slow download it means that there is a lot of traffic on the server at that time, especially if you have a fast internet connection and it should be progressing more rapidly. It might be best to cancel the update and come back later if this occurs.   

Sign in to follow this