Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CSSBT

So I finally had a draw/tied game. Kind of thought WOWS had been designed to avoid this...

Have you ever experienced/witnessed a draw on WOWS?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever experienced/witnessed a draw on WOWS?

• Yes
    • No or not yet
    • Wait, are they even possible?

16 comments in this topic

Members
57 posts
5,788 battles

So recently I had this game. As time ran out, both teams had 4 surviving ships each: 2 battleships, 1 cruiser, and 1 carrier. This particular game had only 2 caps, one for each team. Neither teams managed to threaten the opposing team's caps. 

I kind of assumed that there are multiple things that would prevent a draw on WOWS. Also I've never seen a draw. It seems to be rare if not impossible in comparison to the probability of draws on WOT. 

I suppose the experience was rather disappointing for me as I ended up with almost 180k hp worth of damage. This ended up being the highest damage count game I've ever had in the QE. But I suppose IT at least shows how good of a damage dealer the British BBs are. Potent HE shells and high fire chance in combination of short fused AP shells are capable of a lot of things... In particular, hits to the unarmored or under-armored parts of the enemy ships seems to result in very good alpha strikes, and the AP shells in the QE are an utter nightmare for enemy cruisers. 

So have you ever had a draw on WOWS? Should there be more ways to prevent this from happening? 

Feel free to share your experience and thoughts on this. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by CSSBT
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,607 battles

It is designed to avoid draws. That's why you've only seen one up 'til now!

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,754 battles

Had a ranked game a few seasons ago that ended in a draw when shells from the two last remaining players killed each other mere seconds apart. Their player died first but ours died before the game could end so we ended in a draw. 

A random game of mine almost ended in a draw as both teams had the same amount of points near the end of the game with only myself and the enemy cv left alive. I ran across the map to get in their cap with about 30 seconds to spare, giving my team a few points lead and the win.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,751 battles

I've had a few. In the first few months of the game, they were way too common.

draws.PNG

Members
57 posts
5,788 battles
3 minutes ago, Kevik70 said:

Had a ranked game a few seasons ago that ended in a draw when shells from the two last remaining players killed each other mere seconds apart. Their player died first but ours died before the game could end so we ended in a draw. 

A random game of mine almost ended in a draw as both teams had the same amount of points near the end of the game with only myself and the enemy cv left alive. I ran across the map to get in their cap with about 30 seconds to spare, giving my team a few points lead and the win.

I thought the game would end as soon as all ships on one team has been sunk, and the team with one surviving ship wins even if shots in the air would've destroyed the survivor as soon as they hit... Interesting.

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,754 battles
Just now, CSSBT said:

I thought the game would end as soon as all ships on one team has been sunk, and the team with one surviving ship wins even if shots in the air would've destroyed the survivor as soon as they hit... Interesting.

There is typically a few second delay before the game ends and that was just enough time to screw our team in that game. 

This factor may have helped me win in another game as my torps got a kill as the clock struck 0, giving our team a point advantage at the last moment.

Another recent game where my team lost, my div mate got a kill right as the enemy team won on points. Now typically killing an enemy would reduce the other teams points but the game still ended as a loss.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,538 posts
2,134 battles

Draws are uncommon, I've never had one, only seen two now. They can happen, but it's very hard.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,626 posts
3,364 battles

Back in the day, before "2 point domination," standard battles would draw if neither team capped or eliminated the enemy within the time limit.

A draw is still possible if the timer runs out with identical point counts.  It's rare, but I've seen it.

Members
57 posts
5,788 battles
25 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

Back in the day, before "2 point domination," standard battles would draw if neither team capped or eliminated the enemy within the time limit.

A draw is still possible if the timer runs out with identical point counts.  It's rare, but I've seen it.

Is that a thing when the game was in beta or alpha? Or it was kept around for awhile after release...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,341 posts
14,842 battles
1 hour ago, centarina said:

it used to be quite common.  now it is pretty rare.  

This, it seemed to happen on a regular basis, now it's shocking.

[RLGN]
Members
8,253 posts
17,271 battles

Have a bunch of draws personally; what was really amazing was the time I managed to inflict a draw on myself in co-op...

Rammed the last bot when I thought it would end the game with our only other (heavily damaged) player running away, but the bloody bot killed him and I didn't notice...

...draw...

[O7]
[O7]
Beta Testers
1,254 posts
7,754 battles
41 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I had many draws in closed beta before the points system was added. 

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

First draw in 3600+ ?  Wow, I have about 10 ofem.

Didn't they change something to minimize them though?

Edited by injunmick

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,449 posts
8,107 battles

Mine may well have been before the last wipe. Either way, yes, steps were taken to minimize it - but sometimes things have a way or working out as such still. Last ships go together (one of mine was a last ditch suicide ram into a higher tier enemy BB that I was not about to win the gun fight with in mine), points max out or hit 0 at the same time, anything else I can't think of off the top of my head.

And he answer is no, their should not be more safe guards. Sometimes, 2 teams are just equal. Most of the time, there's a winner or loser, but sometimes, no one wins or loses.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,148 battles
23 minutes ago, injunmick said:

First draw in 3600+ ?  Wow, I have about 10 ofem.

Didn't they change something to minimize them though?

Yes, they added the points system. Before they added that it was possible for a lone warship who was down 10:1 to force a draw if it was stealthy enough

Sign in to follow this