You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Harry_Howitzer

Halloween tears

18 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
3,767 battles

I see a lot of tears coming in the upcoming Halloween scenario. In testing I estimate that at least 98% of battles ended in total defeat because people refused to think before playing. Testosterone jockeys flew into the battle hell bent in racking up their personal head count and ignored the objectives.  Ships also have unique abilities which they failed to use to their advantage.

The scenario is to protect the three towers in the process of closing the portal that allowed the bad guys in. If they fail to bear this in mind the game ends with maybe one, but usually none of the objectives achieved

BBs have a 10 second invulnerability cloak and repair function that makes them almost invulnerable IF THEY GROUP TOGETHER  and support each other.  It also provides an almost constant area for other ships to run repairs and stay in the game.  But most air heads ignore this preferring to play solo hero

Tip #1.  BBs stay close together near the center tower and dont run repair or shield until needed. Dont use repair at the same time.  And WAIT. let the enemy come to you. Going hunting is suicide
Tip #2  Stay OUT of the filth. It has negative effects as well as blinding players
Tip #3 Smaller ships, do not stray far from the protection of the BBs. Be close enough to get repairs in the green area

And finally BBs, near the end of the scenario, when attacking Rasputin and Gorgon, Go for the ram with the Y function active

Unless ALL in the team work together, you are doomed to abysmal failure

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers
99 posts
5,661 battles
12 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Did it start?  My Halloween ships are not active / lit

You need to select the Halloween scenario to have them appear in your roster.

Members
1,567 posts
9,998 battles
1 hour ago, Dinger83 said:

You need to select the Halloween scenario to have them appear in your roster.

I think it's a big because it looks like I can play them but they are not lit see below

haloween.PNG

[ARMDG]
Members
3,242 posts
1,567 battles

The destroyers and cruisers are extremely efficient in the filth, battleships not so much.

Members
416 posts

I think that they made the Transylvania too fast. Tier 3 ships, even fake Halloween ones, are far, far too slow to catch up if a single mistake is made. Playing the cruiser or BB while running a speed flag isn't enough. I imagine that a bunch of people will play today through the weekend, and then give up. I think that the mission is a nice idea though.

[PVE]
Members
5,622 posts
18,220 battles
5 hours ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I think that they made the Transylvania too fast. Tier 3 ships, even fake Halloween ones, are far, far too slow to catch up if a single mistake is made. Playing the cruiser or BB while running a speed flag isn't enough. I imagine that a bunch of people will play today through the weekend, and then give up. I think that the mission is a nice idea though.

Her speed is totally dependent on any player in her circle. The faster that player goes, the faster Trans goes.. If everyone leaves the circle, she stops.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
402 posts
4,267 battles
10 hours ago, CylonRed said:

What is the Y function?

If I remember right, it applies to BB's in the next halloween event, and it either repairs or heals all ships and towers in the area by using your teslau coils, or something like that.

I hope I'm right, I only played the cruiser on the PTS.

Members
3,470 posts
6,173 battles

Problem is the Tesla coils are on the cruiser not the BBs.  I did ram Raputin with the ramming flag and started a flood - we won that with 3 stars.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles

OP is talking about the 2nd halloween event that hasn't started yet. The filth, formally know as "the taint" in that scenario is easily manageable by all ships. Everyone has a heal, the CV has a global heal plus pseudo stun. The game can be over quite quickly if you protect the first tower. Also, it seems as if a DD needs to hunt the gorgon down, as in my game he would stay in the back.

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
8 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

OP is talking about the 2nd halloween event that hasn't started yet. The filth, formally know as "the taint" in that scenario is easily manageable by all ships. Everyone has a heal, the CV has a global heal plus pseudo stun. The game can be over quite quickly if you protect the first tower. Also, it seems as if a DD needs to hunt the gorgon down, as in my game he would stay in the back.

Ah ok, I wondered what the heck he was talking about lol.

And yeah, there'll be tears, but they'll decrease as more people memorise how things play out.

Heck, I played it last year, and first game this time, ended up going after the 2 Zikasas that spawn where you start lol.

Actually, I have a question about the current event. Has anyone ever put their ship between Rasputin and Transylvania in a last-ditch effort to prevent the Transylvania being rammed by Rasputin? It seems viable, as I think Rasputin would either have to back up and maneuver around, or wait for the ship to sink.

Edited by Skpstr

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Ah ok, I wondered what the heck he was talking about lol.

And yeah, there'll be tears, but they'll decrease as more people memorise how things play out.

Heck, I played it last year, and first game this time, ended up going after the 2 Zikasas that spawn where you start lol.

Actually, I have a question about the current event. Has anyone ever put their ship between Rasputin and Transylvania in a last-ditch effort to prevent the Transylvania being rammed by Rasputin? It seems viable, as I think Rasputin would either have to back up and maneuver around, or wait for the ship to sink.

Thats what I do, head straight for those 2 and nuke them. I havent tried body blocking Rasputin. I did try a 2nd build on the BB's was good for about 25k dmg out of 125k dmg game.

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
Just now, Kevs02Accord said:

Thats what I do, head straight for those 2 and nuke them. I havent tried body blocking Rasputin. I did try a 2nd build on the BB's was good for about 25k dmg out of 125k dmg game.

I just wondered about that, because we suffered a loss last night when Rasputin with about 40K HP left rammed Transylvania. There was enough fire pouring into him that 15-20 seconds would have seen him banished and saved Transylvania.

[SF-3]
Members
1,531 posts
8,120 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I just wondered about that, because we suffered a loss last night when Rasputin with about 40K HP left rammed Transylvania. There was enough fire pouring into him that 15-20 seconds would have seen him banished and saved Transylvania.

Might give it a go, no reason not to, although I suspect he would just ram you, or be unable to maneuver out of the way and still end up ramming you. I was wondering if IFHE would be any good on the DD's. I feel like there are a lot of extra points you could spend, other than the basics you need. 

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
Just now, Kevs02Accord said:

Might give it a go, no reason not to, although I suspect he would just ram you, or be unable to maneuver out of the way and still end up ramming you. I was wondering if IFHE would be any good on the DD's. I feel like there are a lot of extra points you could spend, other than the basics you need. 

Not worried about getting rammed, just thinking of a viable last-ditch sacrifice. :Smile_izmena:

I put IFHE on my Blade, didn't bother with any other 4 point skills, SE and SI for 3 point skills, PM for 1 point, and LS, EM, TA, and HA for 2 pointers..

Didn't bother with CE, since I used TA, and I figured not much point having a 0.3km stealth torp window lol.

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,237 posts

Shields?  What shields?  I think you are talking PT2... they have repair shields and there is the Filth.  Pt1 has no shields or filth at least not in the 4 star I had last night.

BB- kill catapults, help with BB's

CA - kill BB's

DD - help kill BB's but save as much health to kill Rasputin with large alpha strikes of torpedoes.

Don't play zoomed in and ram the Transylvania as that means it will get shot more by the AI than you - sucks to lose the Trans because some BB(s) aren't looking where they are going and pin down the Trans.

I ignore the two trailing bb's to the west - they neither shoot at you nor are need to with the match.  They are there to draw off stupider people.

Members
18,241 posts
5,215 battles
1 hour ago, StoptheViolins said:

DD - help kill BB's but save as much health to kill Rasputin with large alpha strikes of torpedoes.

That's my problem. I go balls out on the Zikasas, and am heavily damaged by the time Rasputin appears.