You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FM_Rommel1911

Halloween Event Ship's Captain

13 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

So I got the update this morning and found my self with those three ships for the Halloween event. After a few games with them, I realize each of them how 19 points for each captain. I know these ships are all temporary but I haven't been able to win the Halloween operation. So long story short from those who understand these three ships better than I do, can somebody tell me what are good skills I could give to each ships that can help me get a better chance to win the operation and/ or make the ships more enjoyable?

-Thanks!

[WOLF5]
Members
1,534 posts
2,123 battles

Fire reduction skills. Fire prevention being the biggest. Basically complete survivability build. I PM, and AR. Superintendent for more heal. Fire prevention. Basics of survivability, then you have a choice. I also use jack of all trades and high alert. That's for the BB, survivability, and use your AP to delete the catapults, those are your priority.

For the Cruiser, same, but I also took DE for more fire. Fire is the thing in the cruiser, burn the Zikasas to the ground. Leave the catapults to the BBs, your job is the ships.

In terms of general play, stick together, if you're out in front, when the next spawn triggers, you'll be focused down and killed because you're closest. Don't go after ships that spawn behind you, they can't catch up. I've lost so many because people went off and tried to solo kill the 5 Zikasas behind us, they're not a threat. The Zikasa named England makes bee-line for the Transylvania, focus him. Then focus Ratsputin down. Keep moving, and kill everything in front of you, sticking together as a team.

[NG-NL]
Members
5,013 posts
8,240 battles

BBs sail with Transylvania, use their AP only, focus down 1 Zikasa or catapult at a time.

Cruisers provide fire-starting support and extra damage vs. catapults with their HE.

DDs fire torps at the Zikasas, lay smoke to hide the Transylvania from enemy fire, and fire AP rounds to do a bit more damage vs. broadside Zikasa.

Team has to stay together, focusfire the enemy 1 at a time, catapults then Zikasa in that order. When reach end, focus down England, then the Rasputin. Latter has 200,000 HP, so naturally everyone must focus it down, especially with DoT. It's also worth ramming the Rasputin after he repairs to ensure flood DoT.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,241 posts
17,239 battles

Biggest question is wheter or not these Zikasa's are still 'dumb,' like last year. Blades could torp on the guide and be pretty sure of hits. If they're like the bots in the newer operations, then they'll dodge torps more than bots in Co-op do.

Members
5 posts
82 battles
2 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Biggest question is wheter or not these Zikasa's are still 'dumb,' like last year. Blades could torp on the guide and be pretty sure of hits. If they're like the bots in the newer operations, then they'll dodge torps more than bots in Co-op do.

In my experience they are dodging.  Didn't play last year but I have yet to hit a single one if I just aim down the guide

[NG-NL]
Members
5,013 posts
8,240 battles
4 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

They can dodge.

1 hour ago, Crazy_San said:

In my experience they are dodging.  Didn't play last year but I have yet to hit a single one if I just aim down the guide

I did 9-13 torp hits in first match in the DD. My teammate DD only managed like 4.

By default, the torp tubes will select the target same as MB. The bots are programmed to notice and dodge this at any distance except point-blank. If you deselect (default key is X), then the bot's dodge subroutine never kicks in and thus an easier target.

[CT700]
Members
33 posts
2,607 battles
4 hours ago, FM_Rommel1911 said:

So I got the update this morning and found my self with those three ships for the Halloween event. After a few games with them, I realize each of them how 19 points for each captain. I know these ships are all temporary but I haven't been able to win the Halloween operation. So long story short from those who understand these three ships better than I do, can somebody tell me what are good skills I could give to each ships that can help me get a better chance to win the operation and/ or make the ships more enjoyable?

-Thanks!

It took me about 3 hours to complete it 3 times with one 3 star, one 4 star, and one full 5 star completion. It just a matter of communication and the other people on the team even paying attention to task like not letting the Trans stop or let any enemy bb's enter the circle.

Most important points of the spooky scenario for us was...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battleships and Destroyer's have a 0% chance to cause fire meaning BB's and DD's use AP only.

Cata's are always a primary target and should be taken out immediately. They hit hard and cause annoying fire.

There always must be at least one person in the circle and NO ENEMY can enter the circle or the Trans will automatically stop failing a task meaning only 4 star completion possible.

Being inside the circle heals your ships over time. Telling the team members that is very helpful for those that don't know it.

Cruisers should SET and KEEP fire on all enemy bb's. They use repair so need to set it again after they repair it. If you have the angle setting the full ship on fire is a fantastic help kill speed. Don't continue to fire at the same bb when it is on fire if you can set another enemy ablaze that is not already on fire.

DD's should save one or even two smoke screens for the final encounter with Rasputin. He does pretty good dmg against the Trans. The trans also should be and keep moving so smoking far enough ahead will give more time in cover for Trans.

Not getting in the secondary firing range of the enemy bb's is also important for dd's as it sets fire too often. Your reload time of torpedoes is low enough to torp from medium range outside secondary firing range.

Try to take out the final two bb's to help focus fire all team members on the Rasputin. He's somewhat a pain in the [edited]and sometimes enters the ring and screws it all up.

Also the wave of BB's that spawn before Rasputin are already extremely close to the ring on the left side. The team should keep that in mind and be ready. Knowing all points of cata spawns is also important.

-------------------------

Those are just some tips that we used as a div to complete this scenario. Did it pretty fast too.

Good luck !!

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles

I do wish they would give the team 45 seconds to discuss these things before the operation starts...  In one game we kill rasputin - I rammed it and it started to flood helping things out,.

[PVE]
Members
5,596 posts
18,173 battles
5 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Don't go after ships that spawn behind you, they can't catch up. I've lost so many because people went off and tried to solo kill the 5 Zikasas behind us, they're not a threat. 

Last year this was the thing, but this year one of the secondary missions is to destroy all the enemy ships. I wouldn't bother focusing on the ones in the back but definitely keep them all burning with a few shots during the "lulls" between spawns. They are easy kills that take little effort.

[-PVE-]
Members
114 posts
9,266 battles

2 questions.

What ship is Rasputin and his armor plating if known, and

Does firing IFHE from Igor do any good on him. I don't think it helps with the Zikasa's low armor? I think normal HE penetrates their armor.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,664 posts
3,815 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 2:49 PM, AJTP89 said:

Fire reduction skills. Fire prevention being the biggest. Basically complete survivability build. I PM, and AR. Superintendent for more heal. Fire prevention. Basics of survivability, then you have a choice. I also use jack of all trades and high alert. That's for the BB, survivability, and use your AP to delete the catapults, those are your priority.

Spending points on any surviviability skills is a waste and offers little benefits. The premium repair party has a 30 sec base reload which can get down to 26 sec with the captain skills (High Alert, Jack of all trades). This is mostly for the Jackal and to some extend the Igor. You're never gonna have fires burn for the whole duration due to the rather low cool down on your repair party. Plus Jackals should stay with the Trans and gets heals from it.

Better of spending those points on improving your ship performance

[VENUM]
Members
38 posts
4,371 battles

i set my Jakcal up for secondary fire boosts. it helps keep fire on any targets nearby. 

Rasputin is a Nikolai I hull from what i can tell. 

Members
3,468 posts
6,161 battles
On 10/19/2017 at 2:11 PM, Mykawa said:

2 questions.

What ship is Rasputin and his armor plating if known, and

Does firing IFHE from Igor do any good on him. I don't think it helps with the Zikasa's low armor? I think normal HE penetrates their armor.