Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AllysaRockz

Okt. Revolutsiya - What does 1600xp look like?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

So if anyone is interested as to what a 1600xp game looks like... here ya go! This was my fourth battle of the day and I was slightly up-tiered against a couple of T8 & T9 opponents. The trick in this case against higher tiered opponents was to support the fleet and to avoid solo actions. If a target gets low and it is safe to do so, I took shots. If a ship hides in a smoke screen, I sent torpedoes. It's also very important to avoid over extending, while also taking advantage of ships on the enemy team that overextend themselves. High tier ships like the Belfast have access to radar, and that ship alone can ruin a game for a DD. I played the game safely and stayed within the confines of the cap for most of the game. At the end, I managed to help cap out the Epicenter which is what pushed me over for my xp gains. This was done in the Mahan.

 

Also, ignore the 1725xp I earned myself... I run the 'Military Month Contributor' Flag which gives me increased bonuses.

 

E4UsPnJ.jpg

k4D5ick.jpg

chUVRfO.jpg

 

Good luck with getting your premium boat, everyone! Hopefully you have a better idea of what you need to do objective wise to earn as much xp as possible. This will be my first premium anything from WG and I'm already giddy with excitement. :Smile_medal:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
896
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,253 posts
8,622 battles

I've gotten a couple of 1600s this week, but I'm pretty sure when I finally need it they won't come :Smile_sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,803
[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,744 battles

I tried getting it in my Sims.  Got 3 Epicenter caps on the Trident map along with 4 kills.  But sadly, I fell just a little short, with "only" 1556 base XP. :Smile_sad: Sad Crucis.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
1 hour ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

Well done!

 

I also like the current avatar.

 

Thank you and thank you! ^-^

 

1 hour ago, pikohan said:

I've gotten a couple of 1600s this week, but I'm pretty sure when I finally need it they won't come :Smile_sceptic:

 

Trust me, they'll come. You have a whole week to get just one 1600xp game, so just keep trying at it and you'll get it eventually. The missions afterwards aren't very hard either.

 

1 hour ago, Dying_Flutchman said:

A win is not necessary, blap DD's when they appear.

 

A win isn't necessary when you're in a T10 Monster that can delete DDs in one or two salvos from full health. ? That Confederate is a nice touch, though! #CarryHarder

 

1 hour ago, Crucis said:

I tried getting it in my Sims.  Got 3 Epicenter caps on the Trident map along with 4 kills.  But sadly, I fell just a little short, with "only" 1556 base XP. :Smile_sad: Sad Crucis.  

 

I don't know who you were fighting and who you got your kills against, so I can't really help as to what you should do differently. I'm sure with your experience though that you'll get that battle that you're looking for! ?

Edited by AllysaRockz
This forum doesn't like custom emotes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,803
[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,744 battles
23 minutes ago, AllysaRockz said:

 

I don't know who you were fighting and who you got your kills against, so I can't really help as to what you should do differently. I'm sure with your experience though that you'll get that battle that you're looking for! ?

Honestly, the kills were all low HP "kill secures".  I was just lucky to have my shots be the final ones to land, except perhaps one which may have died to my fire getting the final HP.  Regardless, I didn't do that much damage.  My contribution was more along the lines of capping all 3 rings as well as a lot of spotting.  The Sims really isn't an offensive monster, given that her torps are so damned lackluster (and need a buffing, big time).


And as a follow-up, I just completed a battle in my Tirpitz where I ended up doing 113k damage, though no kills, and ended up with (ARGH!!!!) 1567 base XP!  So close and yet so far!!!  :Smile-angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, the kills were all low HP "kill secures".  I was just lucky to have my shots be the final ones to land, except perhaps one which may have died to my fire getting the final HP.  Regardless, I didn't do that much damage.  My contribution was more along the lines of capping all 3 rings as well as a lot of spotting.  The Sims really isn't an offensive monster, given that her torps are so damned lackluster (and need a buffing, big time).


And as a follow-up, I just completed a battle in my Tirpitz where I ended up doing 113k damage, though no kills, and ended up with (ARGH!!!!) 1567 base XP!  So close and yet so far!!!  :Smile-angry:

 

Again, you'll get there, I can almost guarantee it with the way you seem to be playing. I guess that's the difference between the game I showed and the game you spoke of... I did most of the damage to the Belfast and a chunk to one of the Bismarck's which probably netted me a fair amount of xp.

 

One thing I will say, if you get the chance to shoot at DDs, try that. Damage against DDs is beneficial to you if you're in a DD since it puts you ahead in terms of your ability to cap safely, control the map and what not. It also gives you more xp, as from my understanding of what other people have said, the amount of damage you do doesn't matter that much, it's the % damage you do that matters. So 10k against a DD for 70% of their health will net you more xp then, say, 10k against a Bismarck for 15ish% of their health.

Edited by AllysaRockz
Corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,803
[SALVO]
Members
17,080 posts
17,744 battles
1 minute ago, AllysaRockz said:

 

Again, you'll get there, I can almost guarantee it with the way you seem to be playing. I guess that's the difference between the game I showed and the game you spoke of... I did most of the damage to the Belfast and a chunk to one of the Bismarck's which probably netted me a fair amount of xp.

 

One thing I will say, if you get the chance to shoot at DDs, try that. Damage against DDs is beneficial to you if you're in a DD since it puts you ahead in terms of your ability to cap safely, control the map and what not. It also gives you more xp, as from my understanding of what other people have said, the amount of damage you do doesn't matter that much, it's the % damage you do that matters. So 10k against a DD for 70% of their health will net you more xp then, say, 10k against a Bismarck for 15ish% of their health.

Oh, trust me, I understand all that.  Sadly, there were only 2 DD per side in my Sims battle and they were both a considerable distance from me.  And the Shinonome was dead early, and much as I tried to engage the Minsk, he was too fast for me and never really got close enough for my shots to have much of a chance of hitting.

I'm not worried about getting the 1600.  It'll just take some perseverance.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles

Right! As I said before, once you get the 1600xp mission done, you pretty much have the premium. Five hundred ribbons and three top 5 xp battles are nothing... and shown here... all it took to get this boat was for me to play the game every week, once a day. Three days total! ? And it looks... Russian. Lots of guns, basically. And that goes for both the main guns AND the AA guns! It looks great. ?

 

QO3oxsF.jpg

zaLCkvo.jpg

3hkZ53g.jpg

 

Yay for my first second free premium! (Sorry Katori!)

Edited by AllysaRockz
This forum doesn't like custom emotes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,066
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,180 posts
11,693 battles

I'm pulling 1500 like a boss.  I'm not able to break 1600 to save my life tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,066
[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,180 posts
11,693 battles

Finally, last game of the night, got it in Belfast in a t9 game.  I was hoping to go to bed an hour ago.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[TDG]
Members
1,192 posts
6,030 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Finally, last game of the night, got it in Belfast in a t9 game.  I was hoping to go to bed an hour ago.

Good show!

I should be in bed myself.

No joy tonight.  Closest I got was a Sims battle that didn't allow much chance to do much beyond cap and spot, and a Missouri battle that was a loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
37 posts
1,819 battles

Been killing myself since yesterday to get 1600...highest is little over 1400 in a Texas...was hoping for more XP since it was a dual CV match and I got 20 something planes.  Infuriating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12
[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
235 posts
20,195 battles

I got my 1600 game in the Warspite of all things.  Couple of Kills and 85K dmg 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,487
[O_O]
Members
4,420 posts
9,575 battles

I can break 1,600 with some regularity, so I wasn't too concerned about this challenge.  My first two attempts in Tash and Ognevoi came up short, but then I rocked 1,700+ in Fiji.  Fire over islands or from smoke and I can deliver damage with impunity.  Add a cap or two, and boom, Bob's your uncle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[DCRN]
Members
1 post
1,239 battles

Just pulled a 2500+ base xp battle as a T5 New York no completion for the challenge, second time this has happened to me. As you can imagine i'm a little steamed atm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
251 posts
1,395 battles
36 minutes ago, Icarussrevenge said:

Just pulled a 2500+ base xp battle as a T5 New York no completion for the challenge, second time this has happened to me. As you can imagine i'm a little steamed atm.

 

2500 base xp? Um... I think you might have that term mixed up. I've never even seen 2500 base xp in my lifetime and I've only ever seen it on YouTube where Flamu gives the enemy team an utter spanking. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Base xp is the xp earned BEFORE bonuses are counted. The number you get on the victory screen is the xp after bonuses, while the xp on the team screen is the base xp, without bonuses. The mission requires you to get 1600 base xp, which means you may have gotten 2500xp with bonuses, but might have missed the actual base xp goal. If you have a screenshot of the game, I could confirm it, but I think that's what the problem is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
196
[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
920 posts
5,948 battles

Lol, I was thinking the 1600 base xp was the premium account base xp (without bonuses etc)... I kept failing to get the 1600 base, but i was playing tier 4-5 most of the time. I switched to tier 6/7...An hour later I achieved it in the Yorck.

 

What I had the most trouble with, was the "win 3 in the top 5"... I swear, sometimes I wonder if they have some sneaky RNG algorithms in this game. I lost like 12 games in a row. I was in the top 5 like 9 of the 12 games. In the last round of the loss streak, I freaked out... I did 110k damage with my nurnberg....Kiting and lighting ships on fire like crazy. Confederate obviously. I just started shouting in all caps "I'M NEVER GOING TO WIN, THIS IS MY 12 LOSS IN A ROW"  or something like that, heh. I was exhausted, can't remember exactly.

 

I play better when I'm tired by the way. Not sure why, the aiming is more more instinctual....Less anxiety about incoming threats.

 

EJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×