Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles

Ok this has happened to me several times and its always the same and it needs to be addresed. In a fight a teamate fires torps at the enemy and hits me in the back sometimes i get sunk sometimes severe damage. What i dont get is if he shot me first why do i get penalized for sinking his non shooting A++. Thats not fair you can plainly see he shot me first so i should get no penalty for fighting back. In my opinion he is a traiter and deserves what he gets over and above the penalty currently being used. I am defending myself i didnt attack him until he attacked me by mistake or on purpose doenst matter. I should get no penalty for sinking him when he clearly shot me first its all in the logs. Thats [edited]!! I get penalized for defending myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

This is not a schoolyard, you don't get to plead self defense here.  No TK period.  The automatic system has no way to tell that you were 'defending yourself'.

Just let him sink you and take his punishment. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles

if the system knows i sunk him it also knows he shot me first it even posts it in chat when some one does allied damage. if it knows that i should be weapons free to defend myself PERIOD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles

I should also point out that the automatic penalty (i.e. pink status) isn't a big deal unless you do team damage regularly.  If you are already pink, and TK another player, the damage gets reflected on you. So repeat offenders get greater punishment (in theory).

If you feel particularly aggrieved, I'd suggest you submit a replay via a support ticket.  This can sometimes get attention focused upon repeat offenders a little faster, but they will not tell you what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles
4 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

This is not a schoolyard, you don't get to plead self defense here.  No TK period.  The automatic system has no way to tell that you were 'defending yourself'.

Just let him sink you and take his punishment. 

when you crack 2500 battles let me know supertester my A==

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
2 minutes ago, jester107 said:

if the system knows i sunk him it also knows he shot me first it even posts it in chat when some one does allied damage. if it knows that i should be weapons free to defend myself PERIOD

It doesn't.  That's all I can tell you.  It knows the damage was done and hands out pink status.  If you're pink and do it again, it reflects the damage on you.  Why is it done this way?  I have no idea, you'd have to ask a dev or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,789
Members
9,976 posts
2 minutes ago, jester107 said:

when you crack 2500 battles let me know supertester my A==

 

:Smile_facepalm:

Seriously, how do you play 2500 battles, and NOT know this rule?:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
1 minute ago, jester107 said:

when you crack 2500 battles let me know supertester my A==

That's a great way to get some help. 

Here's two hints to rub together.

1. Some people have multiple accounts.

2. Test battles are not reflected in statistics.

Chew on that for a bit and see if any light bulbs come on.

Oh, and if you think you're implying that I somehow manage to put that title in my profile, be advised that you can't change that.  Only WG can.  So take your opinion and shove it.  Sideways.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Seriously, how do you play 2500 battles, and NOT know this rule?:Smile_amazed:

What makes you think i dont know the current rule? What im disputing is the validity of it when defending yourself. The RULE needs to be modified If defending yourself you shouldnt get the penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,901
[HINON]
Supertester
19,233 posts
12,772 battles
10 minutes ago, jester107 said:

if it knows that i should be weapons free to defend myself PERIOD

You are not the one who gets to decide that. WG's server, WG's house, WG's rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,119
[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,487 battles
Just now, jester107 said:

What makes you think i dont know the current rule? What im disputing is the validity of it when defending yourself. The RULE needs to be modified If defending yourself you shouldnt get the penalty.

Then I'd suggest you take it up with the devs, because kvetching about it here will do exactly jack-all.  And you might wish to be a bit less salty when you do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
696
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,046 posts
10,472 battles
22 minutes ago, jester107 said:

 What i dont get is if he shot me first why do i get penalized for sinking his non shooting A++. Thats not fair you can plainly see he shot me first so i should get no penalty for fighting back. In my opinion he is a traiter and deserves what he gets over and above the penalty currently being used. I am defending myself i didnt attack him until he attacked me by mistake or on purpose doenst matter. I should get no penalty for sinking him when he clearly shot me first its all in the logs. Thats [edited]!! I get penalized for defending myself.

Dude, if someone runs into your car by accident, just because they damaged your car, you don't get to run into them until their car is reduced to a flaming ball of rubble ( if you even own a car? I certainly hope you aren't on the roads with that anger issue ).  If you do, you go straight to jail.  So is it really a stretch that someone who shoots you accidentally doesn't immediately get bounced for a year? 

Seriously, were you one of the cast members on Jersey Shore?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[INTEL]
Members
797 posts
8,303 battles

You shot and sank a friendly on purpose,, suck it up Pinky. At least YOU had a choice. My last stint wearing pink was because my secondaries set fire to a friendly Missouri. 9 game penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,807 battles

@jester107 I think there needs to be consideration for accidental torpedoing in the scenarios you are describing. I think you may be mistaking an accident as though it were intentional. I checked your stats in order to provide more appropriate feedback. My thoughts are this:

 

You seem to be playing a lot of low tier PvE. In my experience, low tier PvE teammates are not the most skilled or knowledgable about the game. I would classify these folks as highly casual. I think it is more plausible that you getting torpedoed is an accident based on a low skill player not understanding their torpedo angles and lacking the situational awareness to know where your ship is. Perhaps these teammates deserve the benefit of the doubt.

 

I also find it hard to imagine that WG would ever allow for "defending" against a teammate. Where would the line be drawn? Accidental torpedoes allowing for a TK? Accidental main battery fire as ships pass one another? What about ships that run into each other? There are too many scenarios where a player would "defend" themselves simply because they cannot control their emotional response to an accident.

 

Happy hunting and good luck.

Edited by _Big_Lou_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
147
[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
564 posts
5,215 battles

@OP There is no need for the aggression. The system in this game is what it is. Do we get hit with team damage from Teammates sometimes? yea. Is there any real reason to shoot them back, no not really. One of those things were you just move past it cause it won't help to just stay stuck on it. It happens, move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
2,029 posts
17 minutes ago, jester107 said:

wow alot of superposters boo hooing me thats cute and none of you see what im saying?

Everyone sees what you're saying.  It's just that your point is full of flaws and... well... you're a [edited]. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles
10 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Dude, if someone runs into your car by accident, just because they damaged your car, you don't get to run into them until their car is reduced to a flaming ball of rubble

Actually an accident is just that. an on purpose is another thing completely. if you ram my car repeatedly obviously trying to harm me i am free to defend myself if i fear for my life im actually justified to use deadly force. if i get shot by accident in the heat of battle thats one thing but if you shoot me with 6torps at less that 50yds then turn and fire at me again im gonna take that a little personal but obviously thats just me later libtards.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
285
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,807 posts
9,868 battles

wait, let me get myself a bit more clear

1-friendly shoot torp at you, salvo hits you

2-you pissed off, then you shoot him back = self defense claim

3-you sank him, get breast cancer status = then get SUPER upset = claimed that you should not get Breast Cancer

4-get on forum and rant, but instead other player explained to you why, but you FAIL to see their point, then point out they need to play more game and other blah blah blah - at this point, it just a blah blah blah

5-you blamed a lots of supertester picking on you and it not fair

 

 

REPLY

First off, whoever shoot torp at you, there 2 ways to deal with it. Laugh and move on with whatever left and try to help the current game/team as much as possible, die doing so, then go new game. Pissed off at it, let him get the damage reflected back as much as possible, screenshot, replay as explained/instructed and send support ticket

In no way, shooting back and sank the tker will help. PROOF = you now got the Breast Cancer

Too bad, life is not always fair, MOVE ON, you had your rant, other came and help you out, you still rant, rant should now be over ??

 No rant still there ... too bad

 

Now, personally opinion, I am not supertester or whatever blah blah, just a normal player - I take screenshot as much as possible, I submit a huge ticket and let WoWs deal with it. I move on play another game/s, laugh at it and play more game. If not, I go and spend time with family come back next day and play more game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0
[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
9 posts
5,252 battles
4 minutes ago, _Big_Lou_ said:

@jester107 I think there needs to be consideration for accidental torpedoing in the scenarios you are describing. I think you may be mistaking an accident as though it were intentional. I checked your stats in order to provide more appropriate feedback. My thoughts are this:

 

You seem to be playing a lot of low tier PvE. In my experience, low tier PvE teammates are not the most skilled or knowledgable about the game. I would classify these folks as highly casual. I think it is more plausible that your getting torpedoed is an accident based on a low skill player not understanding their torpedo angles and lacking the situational awareness to know where your ship is. Perhaps these teammates deserve the benefit of the doubt.

 

I also find it hard to imagine that WG would ever allow for "defending" against a teammate. Where would the line be drawn? Accidental torpedoes allowing for a TK? Accidental main battery fire as ships pass one another? What about ships that run into each other? There are too many scenarios where a player would "defend" themselves simply because they cannot control their emotional response to an accident.

 

Happy hunting and good luck.

ok thats the best reply yet. i get that it happens and yes i make my tokes running Tier3 ships most often. And yes it does happen accidentally. can you tell the difference between accident and on purpose? if i get fired upon with no enemies near several times in a row! thats on purpose. yes im mad i have aright to get mad everyone does. I also have a right to seek justice for when i feel i have been wronged, thats what this is all about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[SF-E]
Members
354 posts
9,807 battles
7 minutes ago, jester107 said:

i make my tokes running Tier3 ships most often

 

Have you considered moving to a higher tier of PvE? The trouble with low tier is that anyone can play at that level with only a couple of hours of time invested. There are a class of people in the internets who get their jollies by screwing with people. If you work to play at tier 6-7 you are putting a skill/time investment barrier between you and the clowns who are irritating you. While there are still clowns at higher tiers, they are few and far between. Tier 1-4 matches, IMHO, are a hot mess.

Edited by _Big_Lou_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
198
[WOLF1]
Members
619 posts
12,934 battles
5 minutes ago, jester107 said:

ok thats the best reply yet. i get that it happens and yes i make my tokes running Tier3 ships most often. And yes it does happen accidentally. can you tell the difference between accident and on purpose? if i get fired upon with no enemies near several times in a row! thats on purpose. yes im mad i have aright to get mad everyone does. I also have a right to seek justice for when i feel i have been wronged, thats what this is all about.

Well I get it, you are pissed at an aspect of the game you cant mitigate nor control.  Most of us feel that way, however we have learned that crap is going to happen, not often but it will happen.  You have to just move on to the next game and forget about it.  This isn't the movie death wish where you can vigilante around and find every team killer and kill them it does more harm to yourself.  Anyway hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,488 posts
8,982 battles
1 hour ago, jester107 said:

Ok this has happened to me several times and its always the same and it needs to be addresed. In a fight a teamate fires torps at the enemy and hits me in the back sometimes i get sunk sometimes severe damage. What i dont get is if he shot me first why do i get penalized for sinking his non shooting A++. Thats not fair you can plainly see he shot me first so i should get no penalty for fighting back. In my opinion he is a traiter and deserves what he gets over and above the penalty currently being used. I am defending myself i didnt attack him until he attacked me by mistake or on purpose doenst matter. I should get no penalty for sinking him when he clearly shot me first its all in the logs. Thats [edited]!! I get penalized for defending myself.

No.  That is a great idea!  It truly is not bad enough that a mistake has damaged your teams' chances of winning by severely handicapping one of its own ships.  Your solution makes so much more sense:  Severely handicap or even sink another ship on your team with intentional team damage making it even easier for your opponents to overwhelm your other teammates.  The utter brilliance of this idea is just staggering!  Better yet, the system should just automatically sink the entire friendly team to teach that stupid noob a lesson for not being more careful!  That'll show him.

I really wish that, just once, people like you would show even an ounce of integrity and quit acting like this is some debt of honor you are trying to settle and quit using terms like "fighting back" or "defend myself."  Those are the smoke people making this argument blow to justify getting revenge, nothing more, nothing less.  There is no honor involved.  If there were, you would be more concerned about how your actions will affect the other 5, 6, or 10 players (depending on the game mode) on your team rather than the fact that your delicates are all in a bunch over the fact that a mistake was made.

You are right in this part at least, it doesn't matter if it was a mistake or not.  Why?  Because no one has appointed you judge, let alone jury and executioner, so you don't have the right to decide whether the offender deserves to take damage or die.  Your words, in fact, clearly indicate why.  You, yourself, can't even follow the rules which clearly state that all team damage is forbidden.  That and your justification above likewise show that you don't have the integrity to be put in such a position.  You don't care how your actions affect the rest of your team.  You don't care that it may well cost your entire team the match.  All you care about is getting revenge because someone damaged your pixel ship.

If you are going to pretend to be offended that someone did not follow the rules and did team damage, then try following the rules yourself.  Don't shoot back.  Rather, enable replays and record your battles.  If you take team damage, then open a ticket and report them, submitting the replay as evidence.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×