SuperNikoPower

Update 0.6.12 - Halloween Mode Part 1 Feedback

100 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,265 posts
653 battles

Captains!

Transylvania needs your help. Get in there and protect her against the dangerous Rasputin. Once you have done a few battles, pop in here and let us know your feedback. What do you like? What do you not like? 

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,381 posts
14,860 battles

Is it my imagination,  or is it harder THIS year?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
305 posts
9,279 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It was really hard last year as well, I've only won once (last year, out of dozens of battles). I'm generally pretty good at co-op operations too.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,265 posts
653 battles
9 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

It's a bit tougher but the main strategy from last year still works out. 

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,457 battles
1 minute ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Yah and England is still the biggest pain in the rear enemy.

[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,381 posts
14,860 battles
8 minutes ago, SuperNikoPower said:

Thanks.

It looks like destroyer has zero fire chance.

And the lack of speed boost doesn't hamper her play at all.

But, trying for citadels seems harder too.

In 5 matches 4 defeats and 1 4 star.

Still as much gun as last year.

Kudos.

[GN1]
Members
2 posts
160 battles

For some reason 3 of my friends haven't received there Halloween ships after the update. Is anyone else having this issue?

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
8,199 posts
11,631 battles
35 minutes ago, Musashi89 said:

For some reason 3 of my friends haven't received there Halloween ships after the update. Is anyone else having this issue?

Have they messed with the port filters?

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Beta Testers
3,265 posts
653 battles
37 minutes ago, Musashi89 said:

Have they click on the Halloween game mode? 

[WOLF2]
Members
430 posts
13,789 battles
39 minutes ago, paradat said:

Have they messed with the port filters?

Ya, mine is not working either.

Edit: Now it works but don't know what I did to make it work.

Edited by Klaatu_Nicto

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
4,664 battles

Niko,

The Halloween event is great but the awarded XP in case of defeat is very, very low.

Please tell the developers to increase the XP in case of a defeat (mission failed). It feels bad getting 300 XP average after doing a nice amount of damage and sinking several enemy ships.

Thanks.

Example: JACKAL - Game time 12:07 minutes - 131.176 damage - 6 ships sunk - 5 catapults suppressed = 338 XP with mission failure.

Edited by Bl4ckBaron
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
47 minutes ago, Bl4ckBaron said:

The Halloween event is great but the awarded XP in case of defeat is very, very low.

What will you do with the additional XP?  Unless you're dropping doubloons to convert it to Free XP, it's just gonna sit there anyway.  Heck, it'd be fine with me if there were no XP rewards at all.  Give out some flags or something.

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
4,664 battles
1 minute ago, kerensky914 said:

What will you do with the additional XP?  Unless you're dropping doubloons to convert it to Free XP, it's just gonna sit there anyway.  Heck, it'd be fine with me if there were no XP rewards at all.  Give out some flags or something.

My time is precious, every little bit of XP I get I use it (doubloons or not) to get new ships.

Extra awards like flags would be nice too..:)

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
3 minutes ago, Bl4ckBaron said:

My time is precious, every little bit of XP I get I use it (doubloons or not) to get new ships.

Extra awards like flags would be nice too..:)

My time is also precious.  Sounds like your patience is a bit more expensive than mine, tho. ;)  But seriously, I'm assuming that the XP awards are in line with other operations - somewhat better than vanilla PvE, but nowhere near as good as PvP.  Sure, it'd be nice to bump the reward rate a bit, but I won't hold my breath.

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
568 posts
4,664 battles
5 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

My time is also precious.  Sounds like your patience is a bit more expensive than mine, tho. ;)  But seriously, I'm assuming that the XP awards are in line with other operations - somewhat better than vanilla PvE, but nowhere near as good as PvP.  Sure, it'd be nice to bump the reward rate a bit, but I won't hold my breath.

Halloween is worst than vanilla PvE, that is why I dont understand the reasoning behind it.

Basically, after we get the 5 stars rewards there is no point anymore of enjoying the mode. In my case, I was fortunate enough to get the 5 stars during my first try (even without selecting any skill for my captain) and right now nothing else justifies my time doing it.

I think that the mode is nice and deserves more from the players than just do it a few times. I do not believe that the time and effort put in it by developers should be rewarded with low interest from the players.

Edited by Bl4ckBaron

[NDA]
Supertester
3,919 posts
1,564 battles
2 minutes ago, Bl4ckBaron said:

Halloween is worst than vanilla PvE.

Ew, that's ... unexpected.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
4,127 posts
9,699 battles

You guys really need to scramble out a repeatable mission for this thing. A camo per win, 1000 captain xp per win, something. Last year you could use it to get some extra camo's (been using them sparingly as I need to) for grinding ships and all, but without that yeah, once you manage a 5 star game (I haven't yet) there's no point other than lol's and the fact it should be, like Dunkirk, making the commander XP elite commander XP but the rewards by comparison even for a win seem low. And this is actually harder.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
Members
897 posts
9,842 battles

Pretty much loss of credits and time since this. Teams has not learned yet how to play and my clans situation is what it is. Igor has downgraded a lot? Was not like that a year ago. Igor is not anymore fun. Hopely it evolves - not fun now.  

[SYN]
Members
7,417 posts
12,561 battles
1 hour ago, warhorse1966 said:

Can I get Rasputins Camo for my Nikolai? ;)

Yes you can. Check the exterior tab.

@SuperNikoPower  I just finished a 5-star run on the halloween mode, in a 4 man division.  Afterwards we all of us were sent back to the port screen with no after battle report, no record of the battle, and no credit for getting 5-starts.  

[WFSDL]
Members
10 posts
2,565 battles

Overall its a fun mission. However, it's a bit strange and annoying that enemy BB's spawn so close. I've had a few matches where BB's spawn about 2km from me (especially if our team takes the northern route) and instantly set me on fire with secondaries or do serious damage with their main guns before I can react.

• Cool 1

[JBY]
Members
9 posts
10,263 battles

Played the game last year and earned the ghostbuster achievement.  My disappointment Is that I can not earn a ghostbuster for this year to show that I competed for 2 years.  Thanks

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
1,265 posts
9,848 battles

Yep, played 3 lost 3.  Top score in 2 of them, that's enough Halloween for me this time round.  You need a div or clan of decent players to win this one; the average potatoism is highly amplified in a mode such as this.

• Cool 2

[ADR]
Members
880 posts
6,593 battles

My feedback, it is a lot like last year. If you have a team that works together it is not to hard. Sadly most teams refuse to work together and end up throwing the game away.