You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NotSynpax

Can we all unite behind this suggestion to WarGaming?

40 comments in this topic

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
841 battles

Can we all agree to ask Wargaming to disable Friendly Fire penalties in clan battles? 

The purpose of the penalties are to combat intentional damage among random players. However, since clans determine their own membership and who they go into battle with, this would not be the case (and anyone doing excessive team damage even accidentally will likely face consequences from Clan leadership.) 

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that WG disable the damage done by friendly fire in-game. If you torp your buddy, he dies. But I'm asking that the penalties (pink, etc.) be disabled. 

• Cool 19

[HINON]
Supertester
19,213 posts
12,740 battles

I can see there might be situations where you just need to spam torpedoes into a cap where an ally is brawling with the last remaining enemy, or similar.

Signed.

[WAG]
Beta Testers
680 posts
5,552 battles

ya know, for the first time ever, i agree with a statement you have made.

good job, have an upvote.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,943 posts
7,518 battles

100% agreed. The point is to win for the clan, and if that means a clan mate has to die for it to happen, so be it. I know that if my team has to flood my space with torps so that we can secure the win and move up, I'm not going to be begging them to wait till I'm clear, I'm going to jump in that red's pocket and keep it right there with me so that it dies, too.

The nature of clan battles is entirely different than that of other battles.

Signed.

Members
9,968 posts

Isn't this really simple re-opening an old exploit?

Players used to kill their own team to prevent the other team getting the points, sometimes securing a win on points that way, you really want to bring that kind of meta back?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
19,213 posts
12,740 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Players used to kill their own team to prevent the other team getting the points, sometimes securing a win on points that way

Simple: award points as if the red team sunk that ship.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it is now across all game modes anyways.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,246 posts
3,106 battles

I'd be okay with this. Good suggestion. 

[-GPS-]
Members
2,538 posts
25,031 battles

This is a good suggestion. 

I fail to understand why friendly torps couldn't be "disarmed" instead of inflicting damage. WG did it for secondaries. 

As a DD main, I am sick and tired of dodging friendly torps. I especially enjoy it when a teammate BEHIND ME calls me a "rectal aperture" after I get hit by his reckless torps. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
23 minutes ago, Lert said:

Simple: award points as if the red team sunk that ship.

I'm pretty sure that's the way it is now across all game modes anyways.

In a TK, you will notice the ship not counted in the enemy tally. There will be a -1 in the friendly tally.

In terms of the petition, no friendly fire might result in continuous and indiscriminate fire in the direction of enemies. There would not be any situations in which you would have to hold your fire.  I believe friendly fire and its avoidance are an RL mechanic that has a painful place in the game.  Because I feel accuracy and positioning are important skills, but will probably not be playing any clan battles the pilot season, I have to abstain from voting.

IRL:  Avoiding friendly fire caused loss of HMS Coventry (40:15):

Spoiler

Edited by ExploratorOne

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,448 posts
11,755 battles

I belive you cannot go pink for team damage to a division mate.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,213 posts
12,740 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

In terms of the petition, no friendly fire might result in continuous and indiscriminate fire in the direction of enemies

He's not asking for the removal of friendly fire, he's asking for the removal of the penalty for friendly fire, during CW matches.

1 minute ago, ExploratorOne said:

In a TK, you will notice the ship not counted in the enemy tally. There will be a -1 in the friendly tally.

Yes, but the red team still gets the points. And since matches are won by points, not kill tallies ...

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes, but the red team still gets the points. And since matches are won by points, not kill tallies ...

Didn't realize that. Thanks for the info!

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
10 minutes ago, Lert said:

He's not asking for the removal of friendly fire, he's asking for the removal of the penalty for friendly fire, during CW matches.

Interesting concept - the damage is still done, but the player doing it doesn't have to share in the sacrifice; only the victim has to "take one for the team". The benefit would be potentially less team hp lost. And, the player doing the team damage would not be adding to their cumulative total to eventually end up at a reflected damage level.

Do you think there would be a meta of baiting enemy players to fire at their own ships just to get at you?

Edited by ExploratorOne

[HINON]
Supertester
19,213 posts
12,740 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

Interesting concept - the damage is still done, but the player doing it doesn't have to share in the sacrifice. Only the victim has to "take one for the team".

Basically, yes.

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Basically, yes.

Just remembered there is already a version of this in-game. Mid and high tier bots in PvE have bad habit of firing tarps at enemies whether I am in the path or not.  Been sunk or damaged more than once when I forget their habit and get in their torp firing path.  They get no penalty and frequently get a piece of the enemy.

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
25 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I belive you cannot go pink for team damage to a division mate.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe that is the case.  There are players that will div with a ship or player they don't like just to be able to sink them.

[TNG-D]
Members
108 posts
841 battles
10 hours ago, ExploratorOne said:

In terms of the petition, no friendly fire might result in continuous and indiscriminate fire in the direction of enemies.

This isn't what I've suggested. Please read my original suggestion more carefully. 

[BBC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
5,748 battles

100% no ..this is a bad idea ...so it could let you get into a brawl with a enemy ship and have a friendly DD just spam a wall of skill at you that you can ignor that the other ship can not....why would you even need this? are you really doing that much team damage in clan battles? this is a 100% git gud situation if so

EDIT- I seen you may have meant that not to remove the dmg done by friendly ships but just the penalty ...but of all the issues wargaming should focus on...this is so far down he list its not even funny...this is a non issue ..you should not be doing friendly damage anyways and if you are again ...stop hitting friendly ships

• Cool 1

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
10,983 battles
18 hours ago, NotSynpax said:

Can we all agree to ask Wargaming to disable Friendly Fire penalties in clan battles? 

The purpose of the penalties are to combat intentional damage among random players. However, since clans determine their own membership and who they go into battle with, this would not be the case (and anyone doing excessive team damage even accidentally will likely face consequences from Clan leadership.) 

To clarify, I'm not suggesting that WG disable the damage done by friendly fire in-game. If you torp your buddy, he dies. But I'm asking that the penalties (pink, etc.) be disabled. 

I haven't killed an ally in clan battles yet, but since you are in a division I would imagine you do not go pink. At least that is how it works in random battles (kill a div mate and you don't go pink).

[LOU1]
Members
3,034 posts
8,128 battles
9 hours ago, NotSynpax said:

This isn't what I've suggested. Please read my original suggestion more carefully. 

Very true, my apologies. Another poster mentioned my error, also.

• Cool 1