Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SoftAndCute

spotting icon for friendlies

3 comments in this topic

[LEGIT]
Beta Testers
297 posts
16,079 battles

Is it possible to add some kind of indicator/icon (eg light bulb) next to the ship icon of friendlies that lights up when they are spotted?

It will be useful to know when your friendly DDs contesting the cap are spotted by enemy ships with better concealment or radar/ hydro/ planes, or for any lead ship for that matter. A lot of time when I am backing up DDs contesting caps, it's hard to tell the reason why they made a certain move, e.g are they running because of being spotted or simply trying to preposition to get a batter angle for launching torps. Generally, DDs trying to run will not have time to type in the chat "Hey I'm spotted, and I'm bailing out" to warn their team. Also it will give time for ships like cruisers following DDs in the open to start maneuvering when your DDs in front of you are spotted so they wont get caught in the open under focus fire. Due to that lack of that info, some payers may be reluctant  to follow lead DD as a back up.  There are a lot of situations that info will be useful and I am sure people who played enough games will get the point I am making.

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,523 battles

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will make a mod with this ability soon enough. And then I'll be right there asking Wargaming to include it into the game client to keep it fair for all players. 

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
7 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will make a mod with this ability soon enough. And then I'll be right there asking Wargaming to include it into the game client to keep it fair for all players. 

I doubt it.  That sounds like a mod that would get people banned.

Sign in to follow this