You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

German Premium DD revealed on WOWS Germany FB page

31 comments in this topic

[1776_]
Alpha Tester
2,625 posts
4,955 battles
1 minute ago, Fedge_123 said:

Sweet!  Any details?  Name?  Tier?

Name: T-61
Tier: 6

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,809 posts
10,327 battles

Looks very solid to me.

Great torpedo reload and good torpedoes, ok guns overall for T6.

Good stealth down at about 5.9 with usable 8km torpedo range is a nice combo.

HP pool is pretty solid. Maneuverability's workable. Probably hydro plus weak smoke.

What's not to like?

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,318 battles

Q: What's not to like?

A: Paying money for it.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,208 posts
12,740 battles

Aw, and here I was hoping for ZH1.

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
683 posts
10,529 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Aw, and here I was hoping for ZH1.

It was apparently built on Dutch Designs though Lert. At least that's what WOW"S Facebook say's so It's almost Dutch 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,208 posts
12,740 battles
1 minute ago, yamato6945 said:

It was apparently built on Dutch Designs though Lert. At least that's what WOW"S Facebook say's so It's almost Dutch 

Link?

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Would have preferred a real, historically significant German destroyer over a paper-ship, but hey, I'm not in-charge. Historically significant ships will sell because of their name alone, regardless of performance. Premium paper ships struggle to sell well unless they are blatantly overpowered because there is little to draw the player to them. They've never heard of the ship before and not much is known about the ship in the first place. De Grasse sold poorly because 1: its not overpowered and therefore must suck, and 2: because it is essentially a paper ship. On the other hand, people still bought Graf Zeppelin, despite all the warning not to buy her, because she is a historically significant or otherwise famous ship. Paper ships are necessary for filling out ship-lines, but for the love of God keep them the hell out of the premium shop. There are a good number of historically significant German destroyers to chose from for a tier 6 premium destroyer, nobody asked for, or wanted a paper ship!

Bad, WG, Bad!

Related image

• Cool 4

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
Just now, dseehafer said:

Would have preferred a real, historically significant German destroyer over a paper-ship, but hey, I'm not in-charge. Historically significant ships will sell because of their name alone, regardless of performance. Premium paper ships struggle to sell well unless they are blatantly overpowered because there is little to draw the player to them. They've never heard of the ship before and not much is known about the ship in the first place. De Grasse sold poorly because 1: its not overpowered and therefore must suck, and 2: because it is essentially a paper ship. On the other hand, people still bought Graf Zeppelin, despite all the warning not to buy her, because she is a historically significant or otherwise famous ship. Paper ships are necessary for filling out ship-lines, but for the love of God keep them the hell out of the premium shop. There are a good number of historically significant German destroyers to chose from for a tier 6 premium destroyer, nobody asked for, or wanted a paper ship!

Bad, WG, Bad!

Would have preferred the ZH1 myself but this is good news nonetheless 

[MIA-A]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,410 battles

At first I was like: Premium KM DD! Must buy!... 

And then I was like: T6? Nevermind. If I wanted to play T8, I'd hop in one of my T8s. 

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
4 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

Could not of said it better myself... At this point its almost as if they don't want to sell as many as they could.. 

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
2 hours ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

Would have preferred the ZH1 myself but this is good news nonetheless 

I'd prefer a purebred German premium destroyer. ZH1 was originally Dutch and really didn't do all that much. Then again, she still did more than Z-61, so there's that. :P

I can understand people wanting Dutch ships, I'd love some Dutch ships myself, but keep 'em out of the German tech tree. They're not necessary there.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
2 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

I'd prefer a purebred German premium destroyer. ZH1 was originally Dutch and really didn't do all that much. Then again, she still did more than Z-61, so there's that. :P

I can understand people wanting Dutch ships, I'd love some Dutch ships myself, but keep 'em out of the German tech tree. They're not necessarily there.

I think ZH1 being in a considerable engagement with Z-32, Tartar, Haida, Huron, Ashanti and Blyskawica in the Battle of Ushant is a good enough reason to have her ingame as a premium.

She went down in a point blank engagement againts Tartar and Ashanti and her bow was blown off by a close range torpedo. 

Considering that the Battle of ushant was  one of the if not the most heavy DD vs DD engagement in the atlantic theater, I think that is enough to warrant premium status. 

All those ships should be premiums IMO.  I hope to see Z-32 as a tier 8 premium KM DD, Was hoping to see ZH1 as the lower tier KM DD.. Which does not seem like the case anymore :( 

[NMKJT]
Members
2,729 posts
2 minutes ago, dseehafer said:

I can understand people wanting Dutch ships, I'd love some Dutch ships myself, but keep 'em out of the German tech tree. They're not necessarily there.

ZH1 had a respectable service history, and she served with many of the ships in game. I think she has an interesting story, she was scuttled the week she was launched and then re-floated, skirmished in the English channel, did convoy duty and anti-convoy duty, and finally attacked the D-Day fleet and was sunk.

[CRMSN]
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_Suzukaze said:

ZH1 had a respectable service history, and she served with many of the ships in game. I think she has an interesting story, she was scuttled the week she was launched and then re-floated, skirmished in the English channel, did convoy duty and anti-convoy duty, and finally attacked the D-Day fleet and was sunk.

I tend to agree. 

Alot of those ships all fought or served with each other. 

They have an excellent opportunity to have a bunch of premiums that are relevant to one another. 2 of which still exist to this day. 

Not to mention that , this is a marketing advantage as well. 

The Battle of Ushant premium destroyer battle pack. 

1x Haida

1x Blyskawica

1x ZH1

1x Z-32

1x Javelin 

1x Tartar

Special flag 

/profit... 

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
2 hours ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

At first I was like: Premium KM DD! Must buy!... 

And then I was like: T6? Nevermind. If I wanted to play T8, I'd hop in one of my T8s. 

:Smile_great: :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring:

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
2 hours ago, Cobraclutch said:

I think ZH1 being in a considerable engagement with Z-32, Tartar, Haida, Huron, Ashanti and Blyskawica in the Battle of Ushant is a good enough reason to have her ingame as a premium.

She went down in a point blank engagement againts Tartar and Ashanti and her bow was blown off by a close range torpedo. 

Considering that the Battle of ushant was  one of the if not the most heavy DD vs DD engagement in the atlantic theater, I think that is enough to warrant premium status. 

All those ships should be premiums IMO.  I hope to see Z-32 as a tier 8 premium KM DD, Was hoping to see ZH1 as the lower tier KM DD.. Which does not seem like the case anymore :( 

Still, pales in comparison to other actual purebred German destroyers like Wolfgang Zenker. Besides, like I said, Germany does not need a foreign design destroyer, she has enough of her own. Germany is not Pan-Asia or Poland where you cant make a line or have premium ships without foreign designs. Just because people want Dutch ships in-game, and believe me I'm one of them, does not mean that we should waste a German premium spot on a Dutch ship. And where's the pride in having a Dutch ship that served for another country? If you want a Dutch ship, De Ruyter and Java are much better candidates than ZH-1 coming from a national pride standpoint. People need to forget about ZH-1.

I was hoping for a historical Z-1936A(mob) premium destroyer to make up for the ugly a-historical POS we have in-game in the line at tier 8. :Smile-angry: