You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Inigo_M0ntoya

Mikhail or Belfast

24 comments in this topic

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

Well I got a decent paycheck this week and a little birdy told me Belfast and Kutuzov were being removed from the shop.  I haven't bought a premium in a very long time so which one should I go with?  Kutuzov appeals more to me but the popular opinion is the Belfast is broken and overpowered, one of the reasons she's being removed.

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,322 posts
6,609 battles

Both ships are broken in their own way. I would pick Kutuzow, if only because she looks like she can be uptiered fairly well

[WAG]
Members
393 posts
7,524 battles

It depends on your play style. I like long range, rapid fire HE spam, and play the Shchors and Chapayev all the time, so I bought the Kutuzov last night when I read it was getting dropped from the store. I only played three games last night, but thought it was amazing. Guns like the ships I love, but with longer range. When the torpedo alert went off I was sure I was going to get hit, but the stock rudder turned me faster than the Soviet boats I am used to. I only had one game with a CV, but made short work of the few planes sent my way. Have not had a chance to try the torpedoes yet. I don't like smoke camping, but the smoke let me get out of situations I would have gotten destroyed in the the Shchors and Chapayev. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Beta Testers
397 posts
6,561 battles

Both are pretty awesome..but personally would prefer the Kutuzov...I have a winfast and have played a MK on friends account.

Kutuzov has the range, 8km torps, top tier AA (or hyd) and smoke...personally i really enjoyed the RU CAs and that play-style.

Belfast has more weapons and utility with smoke/hyd/radar..but it really needs a dedicated commander as you wont normally have IFHE/DE on your Brit Commanders as no other CA in that line fires HE...so if dont mind making a dedicated commander for it...its pretty strong.

Overall probably best to get Kutuzov as all the commander skills work for that ship until Moskova where IFHE is not needed...but your mileage may vary.

[WOLF4]
Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

Kutuzov basically plays the same way the Buddy, Schorrs, Chapayev, and Moskva play, so it's a comfortable premium to use. Plus it makes good bank. 

Belfast is a little different from the other ships in the Brit CL line in that it relies on HE. Also radar. 

Both are excellent choices. The deciding factor should probably be what your goals are for the ship. If it's grinding credits, pick the MK. If it's crew training, well, your choices for your captain will likely differ from the Belfast to other UK CLs. 

[-K-]
Members
5,290 posts
9,108 battles

Better question, do you prefer the favorable MM of T7 with Belfast, or rather regularly face T10's in your Kutuzov?

• Cool 1

Members
241 posts
11 battles
8 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Better question, do you prefer the favorable MM of T7 with Belfast, or rather regularly face T10's in your Kutuzov?

To me the MM doesn't matter in HE spammers. 

But I will always pick Belfast over Kutuzov, shoot at closer range and hunt down DDs. 

[WFSDL]
Members
610 posts
8,404 battles

Kutuzov is a lot of fun, got it in a 3buck box last Christmas. And yes, I get about 80% T10 games with it, but it fits in there pretty good.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,224 posts
12,756 battles

Get the one that appeals to you more. There's no sense in getting an 'op' ship if you don't enjoy it.

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles

I have both. I prefer Kutuzov but both are good choices. Hurry before they are removed from sale.

[INTEL]
Members
6,662 posts
25,746 battles
11 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

Didn't they pull them from sale this morning with the patch? 

They are not in the Tree. For some reason they are still in the Shop as of this writing. Clock's ticking...

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

Oh you have got to be kidding me.  I posted this thread this morning when both were still on the shop.  I come back an hour later because, stuff, and both of them are gone.

:fish_palm:

Thanks all for the suggestions anyway, I think I'll snatch up Kutuzov whenever she resurfaces next.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,404 posts
3,583 battles
1 minute ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

Oh you have got to be kidding me.  I posted this thread this morning when both were still on the shop.  I come back an hour later because, stuff, and both of them are gone.

:fish_palm:

[edited].. 

:( 

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles
Just now, Cobraclutch said:

[edited].. 

:( 

Literally a few minutes too late.

[WOLF4]
Members
78 posts
4,564 battles
1 hour ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

Literally a few minutes too late.

It was an enjoyable hour spent reading Mouse reviews at work though, until I got home and discovered it was a moot point.

The hype machine almost got me this time, I was seriously considering one or the other, and I'm not much of a premium buyer.  Which is stupid because, you know, they've been for sale for a long time and it wasn't they like were running a discount.  And like another poster said, it's hard to know what to think when people say the smoke change doesn't kill ships like these two, yet WG removes them at the same time.

I guess we can still deploy hundreds of dollars on Santa crates in hopes of snagging one.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,500 battles
3 hours ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

Well I got a decent paycheck this week and a little birdy told me Belfast and Kutuzov were being removed from the shop.  I haven't bought a premium in a very long time so which one should I go with?  Kutuzov appeals more to me but the popular opinion is the Belfast is broken and overpowered, one of the reasons she's being removed.

BELFAST! More tools. Radar, hydro and smoke. All Kutzov has is smoke. But she does have better guns that Belfast. But I adore my Belfast. Get Belfast. Won't regret it.

Hell I might just sell my Kutzov.

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles
2 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think you already missed your chance, they went away with this new patch today.  

But that's the thing they were still on the shop for a while.  This morning I had already downloaded the patch and decided to ask around on the forums.  I checked back on this very thread almost exactly an hour after I had started it and they were gone.

Oh well.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,844 posts
11,558 battles
3 minutes ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

But that's the thing they were still on the shop for a while.  This morning I had already downloaded the patch and decided to ask around on the forums.  I checked back on this very thread almost exactly an hour after I had started it and they were gone.

Oh well.

That sucks. Still, might get lucky and find one in a SC or Christmas box.

[MEIST]
Members
871 posts
3,059 battles
3 hours ago, alexf24 said:

They are not in the Tree. For some reason they are still in the Shop as of this writing. Clock's ticking...

They are not in the premium shop of me checking right now. So.......they be gone now.

[JR]
[JR]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles
53 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

That sucks. Still, might get lucky and find one in a SC or Christmas box.

I think its actually a bit funny.  If you go back and look at the this thread the guy who posted just before I posted about them being gone, his name is alexf24, his and my post about them being gone were literally about 3 minutes apart when I wrote mine, which means I was actually like 3-4 minutes too late.  That's just silly, I aint mad.