Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Do not Sell back your Kutuzov or Belfast - Smoke Changes are Insignificant (Commentary)

38 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,482 posts
4,768 battles

Don't do it!  Seriously.  Keep them.  They are still just as good.  Promise.

• Cool 4

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,489 posts
9,585 battles

Agreed. No reason to abandon ship!

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,507 battles

Never on Belfast. MK got it for 5 bucks so ill keep it. Perth is the wild card. Since I don't have it.

[DARTH]
Members
537 posts
11,502 battles

They can have my Belfast back when they pry it from my cold, dead ... never mind.

:P

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Wargaming: "We'll buy these back because of the smoke nerf."
Also Wargaming: "Even with the smoke nerf they're too powerful to sell again. Ever. ...but yeah totally get rid of them, guys."

I really want to know who fell for this. It has to be an absolutely tiny number of people. 

• Cool 2

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,337 battles

I only ever sold back an Albany, a Katori & a Warspite (which I bought by mistake - now I have this useless perma-camo in my inventory, lol).

[BRZKR]
1,482 posts
4,768 battles
8 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Wargaming: "We'll buy these back because of the smoke nerf."
Also Wargaming: "Even with the smoke nerf they're too powerful to sell again. Ever. ...but yeah totally get rid of them, guys."

I really want to know who fell for this. It has to be an absolutely tiny number of people. 

It's not even really a smoke nerf.  More like smoke balancing.  I like the changes...  really only affects BBs and heavy CAs.  The non smoke deploying ones.

• Cool 1

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
9 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I dunno, lots of people won't look any deeper than "smoke nerf - ship ruined - COMPENSATE ME!!!"

• Cool 1

Members
575 posts
3,075 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I dunno, lots of people won't look any deeper than "smoke nerf - ship ruined - COMPENSATE ME!!!"

This is pretty much a lesson they learned in WoT - a good chunk of folks will knee jerk since "easy mode OP" is no longer possible (without thinking about how to use the ship), and instead of dealing with the fallout, they just offer you a buy out. Easier than trying to prove to folks who have already made up their mind they got robbed by the Stalinist minions, that the boat/tank is still playable and relevant.

[TAFY3]
[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
433 posts
6,186 battles

The Smoke changes were necessary.  Sometimes I don't even take the Smoke options for these ships.  I think it is a gimmick, and a waste of time.  I will still play mine as I always have.

[-K-]
Supertester
5,153 posts
8,946 battles

Or it's an opportunity to get rid of a ship that you don't care about or rarely play. 

While people shouldn't sell either ship based on the smoke changes, it does provide an opportunity for doubloons if they're just collecting dust in port. 

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

That's true and extremely sad.

It reminds me of when I was little and convinced my younger sister that nickles were worth more than dimes because they were bigger. 

[BRZKR]
1,482 posts
4,768 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

It reminds me of when I was little and convinced my younger sister that nickles were worth more than dimes because they were bigger. 

That made me laugh...  sounds like something I would have done.

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
Just now, SmirkingGerbil said:

This is pretty much a lesson they learned in WoT - a good chunk of folks will knee jerk since "easy mode OP" is no longer possible (without thinking about how to use the ship), and instead of dealing with the fallout, they just offer you a buy out. Easier than trying to prove to folks who have already made up their mind they got robbed by the Stalinist minions, that the boat/tank is still playable and relevant.

The funny thing is, I can't think of a single time where I had to deal with a smoked-up Belfast at less than 5.5km, and maybe once or twice with a smoked-up MK at less than 8km.

I mean, If I had those ships, and something was about to get that close, I'd be pretty much getting the heck out of Dodge anyway.

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
1,482 posts
4,768 battles
Just now, Skpstr said:

The funny thing is, I can't think of a single time where I had to deal with a smoked-up Belfast at less than 5.5km, and maybe once or twice with a smoked-up MK at less than 8km.

I mean, If I had those ships, and something was about to get that close, I'd be pretty much getting the heck out of Dodge anyway.

Yeah.  That was the argument I made in my video.  The ONLY time I can think of something remotely that close in a Kutuzov is when I troll dived with two others and we were messing around for fun.  Outside of that, 10KM +

• Cool 1

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
3 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

Lol my 3-year old always insists on "5 minutes" for an activity, even if you tell her she can have 20...:Smile_teethhappy:

Members
18,366 posts
5,247 battles
Just now, NoZoupForYou said:

Yeah.  That was the argument I made in my video.  

Didn't watch it, but I figured it would be something like that. I HATE being at work with no wifi. So many vids I want to watch.....

[TBW]
Members
6,424 posts
12,071 battles

I only buy premiums. I have bought some that I haven't even used yet. There are plenty of premiums that are junk and I don't sell those either.

[WAG]
Members
394 posts
7,575 battles

I think the the Kutuzov is great even without the smoke, so hell no am I going to sell it!

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,829 posts
10,390 battles
14 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

It's not even really a smoke nerf.  More like smoke balancing.  I like the changes...  really only affects BBs and heavy CAs.  The non smoke deploying ones.

It hits the in-game ability of those BB's and CA's to use smoke.

But it also greatly reduces the utility of the ships carrying the smoke to influence the game. At the moment one of the strengths of the Gearing is to be able to smoke up a team or section of it. Take that away and Gearing is weakened, it's already one of the poorest performing T10 DD's getting encroached on by Grozovoi and Z-52 significantly.

6 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Or it's an opportunity to get rid of a ship that you don't care about or rarely play. 

My thought too, goodbye boring OP Belfast, hello Abruzzi!

[ECOM]
Members
955 posts
11,533 battles

I splurged and bought the Belfast last night. Not sure how much I'll be playing it though. 

[BRZKR]
1,482 posts
4,768 battles
6 minutes ago, Megrim3 said:

I splurged and bought the Belfast last night. Not sure how much I'll be playing it though. 

Not a bad pick up at all...

Sign in to follow this