Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MajorRenegade

PSA: Turn off Reshade

6 comments in this topic

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,122 posts
4,270 battles

Base on this post I found on the RU forum. It doesn't seem safe to use reshade right now, people are randomly getting banned for using this harmless mod. Often mistaken for a illegal mod due to the way how reshade works. So if you don't want to get randomly getting ban over this, I suggest you turn it off till they can figure out what going on, or they just flat out ban it.

https://forum.worldofwarships.ru/topic/96053-отключаем-reshade/?do=findComment&comment=3978934

translated

Hello.

Let me clarify the situation.

ReShade and similar solutions are used by most players to visualize the game. However, the principle of the operation of such mods (and this is the substitution of dynamic library files and control over the rendering of the output image) is similar to the principle of some malicious and forbidden modifications. Unfortunately, this means that for quite good purposes the source code of such mods can be used to the detriment. Namely, to write on it an artillery lead marker, a bot, or even a means to steal an account, disguised as a completely innocent utility.

Since we are constantly working to protect the client, these mods came under another update, along with others (which were initially banned and malicious) - and, accordingly, some American players who did not want to do anything wrong fell under the ban along with real offenders. At the moment, we have diluted the part of the players who used Reshade, and the following bans on this mechanics were suspended until the publication of the official position.

It is very likely that the ReShade mod, together with similar mods, will soon be officially banned. Yes, his "honest" advantages are worth losing, and we understand that some people like to play with them, but there are too many risks that this code will be used either to gain a game advantage, or to steal the account altogether. This is especially true in the wave of bans for banned modifications with a similar principle of action.

Therefore, I can only support the advice of the author of the topic: most likely, these mods will not be used anyway. I recommend turning them off.

Good in this news, in fact, much more than bad: after all, no one likes dishonest play

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
8,304 battles

I don't use any mods (even the harmless ones).

I am 100% for WoWS to ban all mods that even smell of a potential for in game player cheating (which, apparently, there is).

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

It's okay. Removed. And using the low-level adjustment I could on the display driver, until WG offers the alternative. It sucks

Edited by leehwongxing

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,364 battles
2 hours ago, leehwongxing said:

It's okay. Removed. And using the low-level adjustment I could on the display driver, until WG offers the alternative. It sucks

:cap_book::Smile-_tongue:

Sign in to follow this